Coffee Before Bed

Discussion in 'Coffee' started by lostguy, Dec 1, 2019.

1. lostguy

lostguy New Member

Sometimes I crave coffee in the evening, actually also just right before bed. I‘m guessing cause of a lower metabolism state 'cause of no energy at the end of the day?

Could it be an option to consume coffee right before bed-time or would it interfere with sleep and especially being able to sleep?

2. yoshiesque

yoshiesque Member

See attached. I personally do a milk combo involving half teaspoon instant coffee, 2 table spoon sugar, milk, gelatin and some coconut oil

Attached Files:

3. maillol

maillol Member

My dad always drinks a strong coffee right before bed and he sleeps like a log

4. TheSir

TheSir Member

I occasionally get the craving to stay up through the night drinking coffee and diving deep into my hobbies. I think this is more likely to happen if I haven't done anything productive in a day or two.

5. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Member

6. AnnSimpson

AnnSimpson Member

That's actually not healthy, he might suffer from insomnia and heart problems later. You should tell him about it or better visit a doc. I would advise checking this page just to let you know that sleep disorders are very serious and hard to treat. Also I would recommend drinking coffee at least two hours before sleep, at least that's how I drink it.

7. docall18

docall18 Member

I like a coffee before bed.

8. Peater

Peater Member

Even if it was only placebo effect, I would not sleep

9. jb116

jb116 Member

Yep. I do it, nice hot sweetened coffee with hot milk. Very relaxing.

10. Dave Clark

Dave Clark Member

If you search hard enough, you can find some nice decaf coffees. I roast my own decafs that are water-processed, can barely tell they are decaf. Switched my evening (pre-dinner) coffee to this years ago and my sleep definitely improved, and I didn't have to give up something I love to drink. I know, decaf has a bad name, but there are good ones out there.

11. pepsi

pepsi Member

I suppose it would depend on the person. I drink coffee all day, 3 tsp instant coffee in one cup, I dont feel it do anything, I just like the taste, and its a good sugar carrier,
    also right before bed and I sleep fine. One person I know says they cant drink even one cup of coffee or they will get a panic attack. It just depends on the person.