Coffee And Chocolate

pboy

Just curious how much you eat a day, and wondering how they make you feel! Also...do you guys make hot chocolate (or cold chocolate) with powder or do you prefer the bars?

Sometimes Ill have in the upwards of the equivalent or 6-7 cups coffee a day but usually about 1-2

Also how do you like your coffee? (coconut oil, sugar, plain, ect)

Is 'excess' just a matter of personal preference/tolerability?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I have 4 squares of 90% dark chocolate.

6 cups of coffee, but I make it into 2 cups so I don't have to drink so much liquid. Coffee with milk, ton of sugar, coconut oil, and gelatin.

J

j.

I have cocoa powder with coffee, milk, and sugar in servings of 1/4 liters about 8 times a day.

Kelly

No coffee and a lot of chocolate. 80% or greater. At least 6 squares.

Dean

I've been eating two squares of Lindt 85% and would like to eat more (with coffee to block iron), but am trying to limit tryptophan intake. I've been drinking about four cups of coffee a day and would like to do more here too, but coffee tends to give me heartburn. OJ does too, so it's become a bit of a problem for me.

Jenn

I eat what I crave to the best of my ability.

Some days I live on almost just coffee. (Coffee, milk, gelatin, sugar, pinch of salt is a complete meal. ;) ) Other days, especially in summer, I don't drink any. I tend to switch to sweet tea with milk.

Chocolate is the same, 50-70% dark. I take dark chocolate chips with me to work to nibble on. I take a spice jar of sugar/gelatin/salt mix to add to the coffee at work. I bring my own milk to avoid the creamer.

jaketthomas

After 3 weeks on this diet, I cut coffee out, but I do eat organic 72% dark chocolate pretty much every other day. I eat half of a bar, at least, when I do.

SheilaHelm1

I have about 5-6 cups of coffee a day with full fat milk and 1tsp fruit sugar and 1.5 tsp of granulated sugar, but it makes me sleepy, what causes that, does it happen to anyone else??

jaketthomas

Shelia, have you ever been diagnosed with elevated liver enzymes, by chance?

Jenn

SheilaHelm1 said:
I have about 5-6 cups of coffee a day with full fat milk and 1tsp fruit sugar and 1.5 tsp of granulated sugar, but it makes me sleepy, what causes that, does it happen to anyone else??

The best, deep sleep I have sometimes is drinking coffee, gelatin, milk and sugar and salt in a cup of coffee right before bed. Coffee is rich in magnesium. However, sometimes, if I haven't eaten in a while (like in the middle of the night), I can fall asleep after eating because my adrenals have turned off.

So, could be either reason.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am really considering trying the coffee before bed deal.

Jenn

To give some context...
Before starting me healing process, the faintest amount of caffeine would keep me up all night long....even a single sip of diluted green tea. I would then crash and want to sleep all day the next day. After about 3 months of I started supplementing with epsom salts and eating lots of potatoes with coconut oil, I could drink a cup of coffee and sleep at night. After about 6 months, I could drink more than 1 cup of coffee only a few hours before bedtime and sleep like a baby. Caffeine will not keep me awake anymore...can be a bit of a bummer. Alert, yes, as in being able to think, but not awake, if I need the rest.

My cup of coffee contains 1-2 tbs gelatin, 1 tbs sugar, 1/8-1/2 parts milk or cream and a pinch of salt. (Usually just add the salt to the coffee when brewing.) Canned coconut milk works ok in a pinch, but I prefer real milk.

Jenn

When I first started my journey, I didn't actually know what constipation was. :oops: Lets just say, my elimination system was really, really slow and I thought it was normal because I can't remember a time when it was any different.

My epsom salt supplementation varies, according to the seasons, my stress levels, what else I am eating, etc. I usually make my own capsules. The liver uses more (dumps less) at night, than during the day. I use to take 4 oo size capsules (1/4 tsp) through out the day just to be able to have movement. During this past summer, I didn't take any, just had aloe vera in my lemonade. This winter, I have been taking 3-4 capsules at night that are approximately 1/2 epsom salts and 1/2 cream of tartar (potassium).

Your mileage may vary. I have a friend who only supplements with a bath every night, none internally.

We had a hot water leak in the tub faucet and would have had to do a major renovation just to access the pipe, so decided to close the pipe farther down instead of fixing it. We do foot baths from time to time.

juanitacarlos

I drink one hot cup of coffee (double-shot) in the am with regular milk, sugar, and gelatin. Or sometimes a bit of cream instead of milk.
Usually the night before I will make a double-shot of coffee and add it to about 1/2 a litre of skim milk and some coconut sugar and then drink that throughout the next day. No gelatin in the cold drinks at the moment as I only have normal gelatin and am saving for some of the hydro Great Lakes.

juanitacarlos

Jenn said:
To give some context...
Before starting me healing process, the faintest amount of caffeine would keep me up all night long....even a single sip of diluted green tea. I would then crash and want to sleep all day the next day. After about 3 months of I started supplementing with epsom salts and eating lots of potatoes with coconut oil, I could drink a cup of coffee and sleep at night. After about 6 months, I could drink more than 1 cup of coffee only a few hours before bedtime and sleep like a baby. Caffeine will not keep me awake anymore...can be a bit of a bummer. Alert, yes, as in being able to think, but not awake, if I need the rest.

My cup of coffee contains 1-2 tbs gelatin, 1 tbs sugar, 1/8-1/2 parts milk or cream and a pinch of salt. (Usually just add the salt to the coffee when brewing.) Canned coconut milk works ok in a pinch, but I prefer real milk.

Hi Jenn - just a question. Why did you eat lots of potatoes w. coconut oil (besides them tasting delicious!). What were you hoping that would achieve, and what did it do for you?

Jenn

I couldn't digest much of anything else and neither could my son. My son had chronic diarrhea/IBS/lead pipe syndrome. He also had no off switch. He literally ate until it hurt....4-5 adult dinner plates worth of food sometimes. I learned that just because you eat it, doesn't mean the body is able to use it.

We ate mostly french fries partly because that was his choice. Potatoes have the easiest protein to digest and are the most bowel forming food. The coconut oil is a given, but french fries are also a great vehicle for getting salt in. I was seriously deficient. French fries kept me warm in winter, nothing else could. It took me about 6-12 months for me to be able to even try coffee. I was afraid of it. When I did, with gelatin and a generous amount of sugar and milk, boy did I feel GOOD!

juanitacarlos

Jenn said:
I couldn't digest much of anything else and neither could my son. My son had chronic diarrhea/IBS/lead pipe syndrome. He also had no off switch. He literally ate until it hurt....4-5 adult dinner plates worth of food sometimes. I learned that just because you eat it, doesn't mean the body is able to use it.

We ate mostly french fries partly because that was his choice. Potatoes have the easiest protein to digest and are the most bowel forming food. The coconut oil is a given, but french fries are also a great vehicle for getting salt in. I was seriously deficient. French fries kept me warm in winter, nothing else could. It took me about 6-12 months for me to be able to even try coffee. I was afraid of it. When I did, with gelatin and a generous amount of sugar and milk, boy did I feel GOOD!

Wow, that's really cool! So is your son ok now?

I have potatoes cooked in coconut and some sort of protein probably every second or third day - it's probably one of my favourite meals. I find that meal totally satisfying. Just feels right.

jyb

SheilaHelm1 said:

Have you tried a completely different coffee brand? There's a quality coffee I use and seems like I also get very relaxed/sleepy when I drink it. I have the impression it only happens with that coffee and not other I get when I go out.