Coffee addiction?

清貴杉山

When i drink coffee i feel amazing,good energy,mood and i still sleep amazing,but i didnt drink coffee since friday and iv been a walking headache and a bit moody too,coffee can produce this kind of addiction like smoking?

When i drink coffee i feel amazing,good energy,mood and i still sleep amazing,but i didnt drink coffee since friday and iv been a walking headache and a bit moody too,coffee can produce this kind of addiction like smoking?

Aha I was gonna wtote a post on this subject. I use to get those horrible coffee withdrawl headaches, but recently I has two days go by without any coffee, from being too busy and my husband brought up how he was perplexed that he didn't have a headache. I noticed too that I hadn't had one either, and were both amazed. Then I was reminded of this e-mail exchange with Ray Peat to that point....

ttramone: Just wondering why some of us get severe withdrawals (headaches, fatigue, drowsiness, low mood) if we don't use coffee daily. We don't get side effects from drinking coffee, just if we don't drink it for 24 hours (sometimes less). These 'withdrawals' can last as long as 5-6 days. Why would this happen? We are thinking there could be issues with our liver? Adrenals?

RP: "I suspect that it happens mostly with hypothyroidism, because in the 1970s I averaged dozens of cups a day, and thought about it as soon as I woke up, then suddenly after I took some thyroid, I didn't feel any need for it." -Ray Peat

It was strange that for two days my husband I forgot about having coffee. We just didn't feel the need for it and we were fine.

清貴杉山

Aha I was gonna wtote a post on this subject. I use to get those horrible coffee withdrawl headaches, but recently I has two days go by without any coffee, from being too busy and my husband brought up how he was perplexed that he didn't have a headache. I noticed too that I hadn't had one either, and were both amazed. Then I was reminded of this e-mail exchange with Ray Peat to that point....

ttramone: Just wondering why some of us get severe withdrawals (headaches, fatigue, drowsiness, low mood) if we don't use coffee daily. We don't get side effects from drinking coffee, just if we don't drink it for 24 hours (sometimes less). These 'withdrawals' can last as long as 5-6 days. Why would this happen? We are thinking there could be issues with our liver? Adrenals?

RP: "I suspect that it happens mostly with hypothyroidism, because in the 1970s I averaged dozens of cups a day, and thought about it as soon as I woke up, then suddenly after I took some thyroid, I didn't feel any need for it." -Ray Peat

It was strange that for two days my husband I forgot about having coffee. We just didn't feel the need for it and we were fine.
interesting,i dont feel like i am hypothyroid tbh,im overall pretty healthy,high energy,solid sleep,solid mood,i also have a clogged ear by 10 days now too,and i heard that the eardrum is super fragile with cloggs,can be that too idk

interesting,i dont feel like i am hypothyroid tbh,im overall pretty healthy,high energy,solid sleep,solid mood,i also have a clogged ear by 10 days now too,and i heard that the eardrum is super fragile with cloggs,can be that too idk

Maybe, but you'll have to test that theory when your ear clog is gone. Now about your ear, do you have an idea as to why it is clogged. I use to get a clogged ear, sometimes both ears, from eating grapes andcespecially cherries, maraschinos was the worst. It was so painful to even touch the outside of my ear. A Claratin would clear it up.

清貴杉山

Maybe, but you'll have to test that theory when your ear clog is gone. Now about your ear, do you have an idea as to why it is clogged. I use to get a clogged ear, sometimes both ears, from eating grapes andcespecially cherries, maraschinos was the worst. It was so painful to even touch the outside of my ear. A Claratin would clear it up.
nah i dont think is food related,is ear wax,iv been putting some drops to dissolve the clogg,i went to the otolaryngologist and he could not put the clogg out my ear lol,but its not a full headache sensation even,it comes from my ear,cant wait to get back to try again

nah i dont think is food related,is ear wax,iv been putting some drops to dissolve the clogg,i went to the otolaryngologist and he could not put the clogg out my ear lol,but its not a full headache sensation even,it comes from my ear,cant wait to get back to try again

You should try some refined coconut oil in your ear, it is excellent for dissolving ear wax and curing ear aches.

"Ear infections can cause pain and temporary hearing loss. Medical experts say that some ear infections can be treated at home with essential oils diluted with melted coconut oil. However, contact your doctor before self-diagnosing and treating an ear infection.Apr 9, 2020"

TabulaRasa

I’m drawing from a vague recollection of something I read recently, but I remember reading that coffee constricts blood vessels, so the body responds by increasing nitric oxide to expand blood vessels. When you stop drinking coffee, your body continues to do this for a while, so it causes headaches. I’m sure there’s more to it than that, but maybe it is a blood flow thing.

AncestralJoy

I’m drawing from a vague recollection of something I read recently, but I remember reading that coffee constricts blood vessels, so the body responds by increasing nitric oxide to expand blood vessels. When you stop drinking coffee, your body continues to do this for a while, so it causes headaches. I’m sure there’s more to it than that, but maybe it is a blood flow thing.
fascinating! I'm sure I've heard some substances mentioned as reducing nitric oxide here? I wonder if upping those substances would make a difference to a coffee headache. would be an interesting experiment

Meta

How many cups of coffee a day do you usually have?

清貴杉山

May be stating the obvious but could your headaches be caused by not drinking enough water?
water is pretty much useless,unless ishighly mineralized,i eat plenty of raw fruits,drink a lot of raw milk too for hydration,nevertheless was just on the day which i posted the thread,i never get headaches in a monthly basis even

If I find that I've had too much coffee or booze making one of those dehydration headaches... Coconut water, a bit of salt, distilled water, and a shower goes a long way. Fruit always helps if it doesn't make me nauseous at the time. Whole food vitamin C and magnesium are also considerations... Though in my experience they've been hit or miss.

Could be a thyroid thing like Peat suggests.
Could be a liver thing due to a lack of stored liver glycogen or available protein to accommodate increased liver function.
Could be an adrenal thing due to a lack of electrolytes and/or minerals.

Water is crucial unless it doesn't taste satiating or it's causing copious amounts of pale urine. In my experience, potassium and salt reverses both of these problems.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals