Coffe, Aspirin and Iron

Mr.Cacciatore

Hi everybody, i have a doubt. Do coffee and aspirin only inhibit the absorption of iron, reducing its levels ONLY if taken with a meal, or they deplete stored iron also? If so, through wich mechanism?
I really enjoy the effect of coffe and partially also the aspirin one, byt i also suffer from iron deficiency anemia, so i do not want to decrease my iron even more, because i have terrible endurance and i am out of breath completely doing everyday actions.

Yann

I think improving nutrition in general might be a better idea than addressing iron directly since people can have a high level of stored iron combined with a low level of red blood cells. One should be eating gelatin, liver, oysters, shrimps, fruits, cooked green vegetables, etc. (e.g.: Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, copper, zinc, magnesium, selenium, etc. ). Here are a few articles/quotes which might help:

Ray Peat on copper deficiency and iron, their relationship
Ray Peat - Iron's dangers
Danny Roddy - Iron Overload, Perturbed Redox Balance, and Meddling Serotonin

On Anemia
Anemia in itself doesn't imply that there is a nutritional need for iron. - Ray Peat
It is possible to have too much iron in the blood while being anemic. - Ray Peat
Anemic means lacking blood, in the sense of not having enough red blood cells or hemoglobin. - Ray Peat
Most people define anemia as low iron, but should be classifying it as low bio-available copper causing increased saturation of iron in the tissues. - EastWest Healing

Thyroid
Abnormal thyroid status can affect ferritin level, without necessarily affecting your iron load. - Ray Peat

High estrogen
High estrogen causes hypoxia which in turn causes iron accumulation. - Danny Roddy (paraphrased from Ray Peat)

Copper and Vitamin A
Too much iron and too much stress makes us lose copper. -Ray Peat
The copper in oysters is protective against iron excess. - Ray Peat
Copper defends agains activated iron. Copper can turn ferrous iron back into the safer ferric iron. - Ray Peat
Vitamin A and bioavailable copper [from liver and shelfish] play a huge role in regulating iron ferrous to ferric iron. - EastWest Healing
Low iron and Low iron saturation –a sign your iron recycling programing is slowing down in response to a deficiency in bio-available copper [from liver and shelfish]. - East West Healing
Iron is regulated by bio-available copper and vitamin A. - EastWest Healing

Sunlight or Redlight
Regular good light exposure is probably important for preventing the displacement of copper by iron. - Ray Peat

Things that lower iron
We are always shedding iron from intestines and skin cells. - Ray Peat (Patrick Timpone interview 2020-08)
Vitamin E and aspirin are two extremely effective ways of lowering iron levels in both tissues and brain. - Georgi Dinkov

TheCalciumCad

Coffee does not chelate it (like aspirin does) but it will significantly lower iron absorption upto an hour either side of meals so keeping them separate while iron is low would be a good idea. Liver is the single best food for upping iron so don't skip it, regular beef/lamb/seafood like oysters also a good idea.

OP
Mr.Cacciatore

Mr.Cacciatore

I think improving nutrition in general might be a better idea than addressing iron directly since people can have a high level of stored iron combined with a low level of red blood cells. One should be eating gelatin, liver, oysters, shrimps, fruits, cooked green vegetables, etc. (e.g.: Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, copper, zinc, magnesium, selenium, etc. ). Here are a few articles/quotes which might help:

Ray Peat on copper deficiency and iron, their relationship
Ray Peat - Iron's dangers
Danny Roddy - Iron Overload, Perturbed Redox Balance, and Meddling Serotonin

On Anemia
Anemia in itself doesn't imply that there is a nutritional need for iron. - Ray Peat
It is possible to have too much iron in the blood while being anemic. - Ray Peat
Anemic means lacking blood, in the sense of not having enough red blood cells or hemoglobin. - Ray Peat
Most people define anemia as low iron, but should be classifying it as low bio-available copper causing increased saturation of iron in the tissues. - EastWest Healing

Thyroid
Abnormal thyroid status can affect ferritin level, without necessarily affecting your iron load. - Ray Peat

High estrogen
High estrogen causes hypoxia which in turn causes iron accumulation. - Danny Roddy (paraphrased from Ray Peat)

Copper and Vitamin A
Too much iron and too much stress makes us lose copper. -Ray Peat
The copper in oysters is protective against iron excess. - Ray Peat
Copper defends agains activated iron. Copper can turn ferrous iron back into the safer ferric iron. - Ray Peat
Vitamin A and bioavailable copper [from liver and shelfish] play a huge role in regulating iron ferrous to ferric iron. - EastWest Healing
Low iron and Low iron saturation –a sign your iron recycling programing is slowing down in response to a deficiency in bio-available copper [from liver and shelfish]. - East West Healing
Iron is regulated by bio-available copper and vitamin A. - EastWest Healing

Sunlight or Redlight
Regular good light exposure is probably important for preventing the displacement of copper by iron. - Ray Peat

Things that lower iron
We are always shedding iron from intestines and skin cells. - Ray Peat (Patrick Timpone interview 2020-08)
Vitamin E and aspirin are two extremely effective ways of lowering iron levels in both tissues and brain. - Georgi Dinkov
i obviously try to improve my health generally, but everytime i drink coffe or take aspirin in a couple of day my endurance is completely gone and i am breathless doing the most normal activities, no matter what the diet is. Liver is one of the food that worsen this situation the most, i don't get why, maybe this involves zinc.
Coffee does not chelate it (like aspirin does) but it will significantly lower iron absorption upto an hour either side of meals so keeping them separate while iron is low would be a good idea. Liver is the single best food for upping iron so don't skip it, regular beef/lamb/seafood like oysters also a good idea.
Beff muscle absolutely improve my condition, instead beef liver is the one that worsen it the most and i don't get why. Maybe too much copper can antagonize zinc? maybe zinc is involved i don't know. I'ìm gonna try zinc supplements

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals