Code Communication And A Secret Emergency Term (Lounge Topic)

Amazoniac

Parents and unsacrificed gurus,

Straight away I shall comment that Dutch people will find this thread irrelevant, contrary to those living in some African or Latin American countries. For everyone else, it's up to you, I'll just comment that unfortunately (as you all know) the world is not only made of Dan Wiches and Jennifers. I could've used Sheilas as well, but it occurred to me that there might exist a classy criminal.

The idea is simple and will only take some seconds:
Define a secret emergency term with close people, an unique word that can be picked immediately by the other as soon as you mention it.

Let's say Travis is dating Cecilia.
They define theirs as 'Pineapolis'.

One important point:
Every time you discuss this with others, remind them to not ask for a confirmation. They have to be able to get what's going on right away <finger snap> and play along if needed.

Due to this:

- Someone's waiting for me, I'll just send a message cancelling the plan so that it doesn't raise suspicion, ok?

- Hi Cili, I won't be able to meet you at Pineapolis today, we'll rearrange it for another day.
- IS EVERYTHING OK?? Isn't Pineapolis that emergency term???
- Yes, no worries. I'm locked in a room at home with a bunch of mad people pointing guns at me, but they're being cooperative in helping me send you this message asking you to call the police.​

Now a smooth example:

- Someone's waiting for me, I'll just send a message cancelling the plan so that it doesn't raise suspicion, ok?

- Hi Cili, I won't be able to meet you at Pineapolis today, we'll rearrange it for another day.
- No problem. :) [. . . Brewing 911 . . .] Where are you? [. . . Brewing notes . . .]
- I've just arrived home but will need to finish some work-related stuff for tomorrow.
- :P​

For some it might be difficult to grasp the utility of this, but keep in mind that it's not only appliable to emergencies, codes are employed everywhere. Don't friends use these often when they want to avoid inconvenient people? What about encrypting?

And related, it's common for apparels to replace clear messages for symbols, so people who use them are still expressing themselves and carrying a message that can only be picked by those who understand the meaning.

Subtle communication can be useful, especially in critical situations and something this simple can make a difference.

Last edited:

Sheila

Good afternoon dear Amazoniac,

Yes, you outline an excellent strategy. Those that live remotely have also benefited from this. And/or a brace of Rottweilers.

I am reminded of the Australian lawyer whose name I forget, who defended currency trader and all round good egg Martin Armstrong when he was framed for declining a trade involving Hermitage Capital and Edmond Safra's Republic National Bank and the take over of Russia under Yeltsin, c. 1999. The lawyer and his wife had the same code word system so that if the lawyer came home 'under duress' his Wife would know not to let him in. It is all detailed in The Forecaster, which shows, ably, what happens when one man's integrity comes up against 'a bigger deal'. The ramifications of this planned heist continue today with The Magnitsky Act.

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/...akeover-russia-nsa-cia-or-investment-bankers/

https://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2000/12/dunne200012 on Edmond Safra who was found dead in his own locked 'panic room'.

Now it is my turn to steal a few of your hours!
Best regards always and my thanks for everything that you share with us.

Sheila
PS. Re: acidity of KCl et al. I am formulating a 'in defence' of sulphates (won't make a very interesting film though). The dose, as always makes the poison here.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Those that live remotely have also benefited from this.
code word system so that if the lawyer came home 'under duress' his Wife would know not to let him in
Good applications!

I suspect that Zeus initially thought that referring to him this way was silly (and it is), but then he probably noticed the value in it because we can joke internally with some things that depend on context to not misinterpreted. This is important because the guy has a company and it's nice for its reputation to have members posting absurd stuff on funding, sponsorship, corruption, and so on.

I am formulating a 'in defence' of sulphates (won't make a very interesting film though). The dose, as always makes the poison here.
And I'm introducing to you a new modality of notification: IMN. The 'invisible mass notification' is an artifice for those that are creating a new thread or post, want to alert everyone but don't want to look like desperate fools for having tagged 1250 members. As soon as it's up, you edit to remove all the taggings but people already received the notification. The subject will appear interesting because all of the sudden it has attracted the attention of many members that are now engaging in the discussion due to pressure of the invitation and you'll get the opinions that you were after. No one will know that you've tagged the whole foro. This is what I usually do and I urge you to consider doing it when you're ready to post your thoughts on sulfates.

You'll be a victim soon.

Last edited:

Sheila

Amazoniac dear,
You are naughty enough to get zilch for Christmas at this rate! But somehow I don't think that will bother you.
I note your keen observation of human nature.
I (try to) work on a slightly different law. Those who need something answered will find my post. Those that don't , don't.
In this manner, everyone gets their needs met.
Along the lines of 'everyone gives me joy - some when they come, some when they go'.
Ever,
Sheila

Sheila

And again Sir, tag-and-hide indeed!, caught you!

May I propose the following "safies" (as opposed to Safras - it clearly did not work for him) ? To be used, oh I don't know... perhaps when spotting someone patiently teaching a cat to bark.

"Won't watch the new episode of Nyctalopia with you tonight darling: me, Gerry - and his guide dog - are going to the movies instead."

or "Can't meet you at Ascorbia today, that juice bar is so last century."

You're It.

Sheila

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals