Coconut Water Decrease The Level Of Serotonin In Brain

Dobbler

Coconut water would be great if the carb amount would be higher (it's about 4-5g per 100 ml) and the price is ridiculously high atleast in my country. But the taste is great and it has quite a bit of nutrients, so coconut water > regular water ANY DAY.

Andman

great news thanks for sharing
coconut water is a staple for the potassium anway!
quite expensive tho

ExCarniv

Coconut water would be great if the carb amount would be higher (it's about 4-5g per 100 ml) and the price is ridiculously high atleast in my country. But the taste is great and it has quite a bit of nutrients, so coconut water > regular water ANY DAY.

I just pour 10g of sugar per cup. Good electrolyte drink.

ebs

Coconut water is awesome and it tastes great. Thanks for reminding me to buy it again, especially after reading this.

Mauritio

So it seems like coconut water has an effect on MAO, which would explain that it lowers all the monoamines and not just serotonin . Serotonin is lowered more than dopamine though.

"Also, in agreement with
Holt and Baker (1996), the decreased levels of 5HIAA may be suggestive of an inhibitory action of young coconut water on monoamine oxidase (MAO). This MAO enzyme is involved in the conversion of 5HT to its metabolite 5HIAA (Abbas et al. 2012; Mukherjee and Yang 1997)"

Screenshot_20210921-102742_Drive.jpg