Coconut Oil

Jane Chapple

Hi

This is my first post having just joined this group.

I have read Ray's interesting article on coconut oil but just came accross this article.

It said that coconut oil only has 10% of medium fatty acids.

IS COCONUT OIL BAD FOR YOU? YES, ASSERT THE PHYSICIANS, REGISTERED DIETITIANS, AND SCIENTISTS AT THE PRITIKIN LONGEVITY CENTER IN MIAMI, FLORIDA.

Thoughts welcome.
Jane Chapple

Mage

Hello and welcome to the forum!!

The pritikin is a very low fat school of nutrition, and while I agree with them on staying <10% fat of your total calories (some people here disagree, but I think it's the best for optimal metabolism and CO2). The very low fat people tend to oversimplificate on "all fat is bad". We do need some fats for optimal vitamin absorption, bile flow, etc and saturated fat (coconut oil) is much, much better than the polyunsaturated kinds people are gorging on nowadays.

Mito

Coconut oil is composed of 63% medium-chain fatty acids, not 10%.
Lauric acid is referred to as an MCT, but it's metabolized slower similar to other long chain fats. So minus the Lauric Acid (C12), coconut oil is really only about 15% MCT's. The true MCT's (C8 and C10) are metabolized into energy much faster than long chain fats including lauric acid.
IMG_0737.jpg

Kyle Bigman

What is the difference between CO saturated fat and dairy saturated fat? Many seem to think they have different effects in the body. I am trying to avoid consuming too much fat, because I already have a decent amount in my diet from cream. But I have been using coconut oil to get rid of H. Pylori (3 teaspoons daily), so now my fat consumption has skyrocketed. But from reading on this forum, Coconut Oil can actually help fat loss, so idk...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals