Coconut Oil & Xylitol Toothpaste Recipe?

Sugartits

I was the nerd who used bonemeal tooth powder, and it didn't do me any favors, either. I think it must be too abrasive.

I have brain fog too. you don't sound scatty to me. Welcome!

OP
A

amd

Dr Ellie's protocol didn't do much, but hurt my gums (not sure if it was the Closys or the Xylitol, or both).

She's now promoting oral use of Nitric Oxide.

Here is a list of things i think are bull**** IMO and have did absolutely nothing to improve the state of my oral health

Dr Ellies protocol

Dr Ellie's protocol didn't do much, but hurt my gums (not sure if it was the Closys or the Xylitol, or both).

She's now promoting oral use of Nitric Oxide.
Same. It receded mine which i think was probably the sodium laureth sulfate in the Crest toothpaste she absolutely swears by and the stannous fluoride which is one of the more aggressive variants of fluoride..i am not vehemently opposed to fluoride like some, i simply don't use it cause i've never seen any benefit from it.

She's said some incredibly questionable stuff like how she has did her own studies on oral irrigation and she has "reasons to suspect"that they are damaging to oral tissue. Have to call bull**** on that as i have been using an oral irrigator for years now and its done nothing but improve my gum health and reduce a couple of pockets, and i started off with pretty messed up gums from years of smoking(though ironically they only started to recede months after i completely quit smoking). There isn't much else that would allow you to clean below the gum line since mouthwash only penetrates about 0.4mm and the gum line is about 3mm in depth. An oral irrigator with the right tip can get to about 2mm below the gum line and it most certainly does not damage gum tissue. She actually has no basis for saying that.

She's right about floss though. It seems to be more a hindrance and something best avoiding if you have gum disease. The worst tooth infection i ever had was from flossing. The Japanese have the right idea and have started experimenting with sticking nanosilver into an antibacterial filament, but i haven't seen anything on the market yet that utilises it..you could try soaking a regular floss in colloidal silver or coconut oil(both)to see if it makes it less likely to pass bacterial cultures from one pocket to the next. I haven't done that myself like, might have to try it out

OP
A

amd

When you use standard floss (not exclusively) you can hurt your gum, but if you don't use some floss you can smell the food you remove from between the teeth (when you do use floss) and can notice the early putrefaction smell.

At the same time, must be careful of not pushing food/bacteria downwards towards the gum, but sideways.

Don't know if irrigation can do the job of flossing (sideways), but it can potentially push food/bacteria deeper.

Her argument is that people shouldn't prevent the gum from sealing the base of the teeth to prevent infection. A dentist will go deeper into the gum if you already have an infection to remove as much as possible.

Last edited:
When you use standard floss (not exclusively) you can hurt your gum, but if you don't use some floss you can smell the food you remove from between the teeth (when you do use floss) and can notice the early putrefaction smell.

At the same time, must be careful of not pushing food/bacteria downwards towards the gum, but sideways.

Don't know if irrigation can do the job of flossing (sideways), but it can potentially push food/bacteria deeper.

Her argument is that people shouldn't prevent the gum from sealing the base of the teeth to prevent infection. A dentist will go deeper into the gum if you already have an infection to remove as much as possible.
I see

I suppose in my case at least that i can tell its not the case as i have no new pockets, i also have no new sights of inflammation, and there is also no blood on the rare occasion i do floss. I think maybe the mag chloride water thing i do is making the irrigation more effective, because it seems my teeth feel dentist clean after having used it before irrigating, and a couple of times a week or once a week i will actually irrigate with that(mag chloride 20g into 500ml of water)and salt. When i do i don't experience any pain when irrigating the pockets and again no blood..i take those as signs that whatever infection i did have are long gone..hygenist confirmed as much

I also do not irrigate straight down. It's always on a slight angle so that if there is trapped food particles, it simply exits the pocket or interdental space to the sides.

Parrot

This is an older thread, however I have been eating oats lately and wanted to add something that may be of interest.

I prepare them by soaking 1 cup of biodynamic oats with 2 cups of boiling filtered water, 3 tbsps of Braggs acv, 1 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and 1/8 tsp of ginger for between 12 and 24 hours. I then drain them, rinse them and cook for at least 20 minutes. I then eat about 6 tbsps worth at a sitting, let what's left in the pot cool off and put them in the fridge for the next sitting. This way they last me about 4 to 5 sittings.

Apparently by adding 1 tbsp of rye flakes this helps reduce phytates - I saw this on a video in another thread on oats - and I have just started this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals