Coconut Oil Weight Loss And Endotoxin Removal Club

I'm adding up to 4 or 5 tablespoons a day of coconut oil to the mix.

I emulsify it like Bulletproof coffee, which I think helps it enter tissues with few issues. I've noticed that my waistline is starting to get a little better after a quick 12 or 14 pound weight gain following starting Peating.

I'll share experiences here. I hope you share yours.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I started adding it in copious amounts to my potatoes about a week ago. Will see how it goes.

CoolTweetPete

Are you still sweetening the coffee?

I lost a ton of weight drinking Bulletproof coffee (during intermittent fasts) but I experienced aggressive hair loss (which led me here).

M

marikay

I used to use a lot of it. Got out of the habit somehow. Will be putting it back into diet starting today.

M

marikay

I started using it when I first found Peat. There was great benefit to all the things I was trying at that time so I am not sure how much of it was due to the coconut oil. For the past couple of years I have used a little bit of coconut oil in cooking but I somehow stopped taking it directly and in larger amounts (like a tablespoon at a time heated up a little and then chased with OJ or Coke). Since I haven't added anything new or different to my diet in the last couple of months, I think I can tell what the coconut oil is doing when I add it in now. More soon. Thanks for starting this thread.

brandonk

I emulsify it like Bulletproof coffee, which I think helps it enter tissues with few issues. I've noticed that my waistline is starting to get a little better after a quick 12 or 14 pound weight gain following starting Peating.

How do you emulsify it? I mix mine with egg yolk, which has the emulsifier lecithin in it. It's not Peaty to use polysorbate as an emulsifier, as some of the bulletproof people claim to do.

Since starting coconut oil and its medium chain fraction this past October, I've lost quite a bit of bodyfat% around the waist, going from a 40 inch to a 31 inch waist. To keep it Peaty, I drink a quart or more of OJ and strong coffee, and avoid starch, PUFAs and tryptophan.

I use some of the coconut/MCT ideas developed by Dr. Mary Newport here:
http://www.coconutketones.com/pdfs/DietGuidelinesForCoconutOil2013.pdf

OP
ecstatichamster
I just mix to froth in a stick blender with raw honey. It emulsifies perfectly

CoolTweetPete

I just mix to froth in a stick blender with raw honey. It emulsifies perfectly

Stick blenders are the best. I keep one at work. Really does the trick.

Nicholas

been putting coconut oil in my coffee the past couple months and i noticed i could tolerate a lot more foods, lost weight too.

tomisonbottom

been putting coconut oil in my coffee the past couple months and i noticed i could tolerate a lot more foods, lost weight too.

How much coconut oil per day? Did you go low fat in general besides coconut oil? Or just avoid pufas to lose weight?

tomisonbottom

How is the weight loss going?

OP
ecstatichamster
How is the weight loss going?

it's not going well. I mean, I stopped this experiment after going from 175 to 205 pounds, near my all time high.

I'm on a fat depletion/PUFA depletion regime, and so I cut out the coconut oil except maybe a teaspoon per day. I'm getting some belly fat shrinkage but the weight is the same, around 200, off a few pounds.

:ss and low fat isn't working either in my case :singing:

DaveFoster

I was doing 12 TBSP for a while. It made me feel full all the time, but my libido wasn't too bad.

Coconut oil makes me feel full too....and quite warm, but then I'm usually too full to eat the other things that I desperately need.

I know Peat says that coconut oil is protective, but it kills my appetite and keeps my postprandial blood sugar levels higher for a longer duration. :oops:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals