Coconut oil Potato/Corn/Tortilla chips

Elvie

What happened to potato chips? Jackson’s honest completely changed their line of products (switched to sweet potato only); Boulder Canyon switched to avocado and olive oils. Do any other brands carry coconut oil chips? Thank you.

Lollipop2

What happened to potato chips? Jackson’s honest completely changed their line of products (switched to sweet potato only); Boulder Canyon switched to avocado and olive oils. Do any other brands carry coconut oil chips? Thank you.
Yeah - sad. I wrote the company and they wrote back that they are changing their offering. I wrote back that they had cornered a market - a complete monopoly literally zero competition because of both being organic AND coconut oil. I told them if they pull out of the potato chip/tortilla chip market they are leaving customers high and dry. I sort of lost respect for them.

Lollipop2

I saw those, non organic and most corn is a GMO product now unless organic. Can’t find organic corn anymore.

Not only this - read this - guys we need to be aware - they can’t afford to plant corn anymore:

Farming Insider Warns The Coming Food Shortages Are Going To Be Far Worse Than We're Being Told | ZeroHedge

I saw those, non organic and most corn is a GMO product now unless organic. Can’t find organic corn anymore.

Not only this - read this - guys we need to be aware - they can’t afford to plant corn anymore:

Farming Insider Warns The Coming Food Shortages Are Going To Be Far Worse Than We're Being Told | ZeroHedge

It says in the description they are non-gmo...Non-GMO Project verified, for what it's worth.

I have multiple organic corn products from corn chips, to cornmeal, to whole kernels. Where do you live? Organic options might just not be available to you?

Last edited:

Lollipop2

It says in the description they are non-gmo...Non-GMO Project verified, for what it's worth.

I have multiple organic corn products from corn chips, to cornmeal, to whole kernels. Where do you live? Organic options might just not be available to you?
Cool on the non GMO! I missed that - going quickly. I can find organic masa Harina from Amazon. Corn chips organic - nothing with good oils - frozen organic corn has declined in quality sooo much from last year - my husband and I were shocked. NO fresh organic corn since a few years.

OP
E

Elvie

Yeah - sad. I wrote the company and they wrote back that they are changing their offering. I wrote back that they had cornered a market - a complete monopoly literally zero competition because of both being organic AND coconut oil. I told them if they pull out of the potato chip/tortilla chip market they are leaving customers high and dry. I sort of lost respect for them.
Same here. I’m so disappointed. I followed them on FB, and they were pushing sweet potato as super food, so much for their principles of caring about your health when $$$ is at play.

I buy the Bob's Red Mill masa harina and follow the tortilla recipe. I then cut those into little triangles and fry them in refined coconut oil until desired crispiness. Salt them while they are still hot. Pretty dang good.

P

Peatness

I bought nixtamalized flour masa harina which arrived today and I’m like what do I do with this? Need to get creative

Lollipop2

I bought nixtamalized flour masa harina which arrived today and I’m like what do I do with this? Need to get creative
Look for @tankasnowgod ’s recipe to make fried chicken using masa Harina as the breading. I altered it a bit with 3 to 1 / masa harina to Einkorn flour and did not deep fry but pan fried in butter and ghee - ymmmmy.

I have an excellent cornbread recipe that uses masa harina with eggs and butter.

? I am thinking of how else I use it. Nothing is coming to mind right now...

tankasnowgod

Look for @tankasnowgod ’s recipe to make fried chicken using masa Harina as the breading. I altered it a bit with 3 to 1 / masa harina to Einkorn flour and did not deep fry but pan fried in butter and ghee - ymmmmy.

I have an excellent cornbread recipe that uses masa harina with eggs and butter.

? I am thinking of how else I use it. Nothing is coming to mind right now...
This is the thread, @Pina

I switched to HCO after I wrote it, and it was even better. Pan frying in butter and ghee sounds great, too.

Lollipop2

This is the thread, @Pina

I switched to HCO after I wrote it, and it was even better. Pan frying in butter and ghee sounds great, too.
Thanks @tankasnowgod - you really inspired me :):

livesimply

I buy the Bob's Red Mill masa harina and follow the tortilla recipe. I then cut those into little triangles and fry them in refined coconut oil until desired crispiness. Salt them while they are still hot. Pretty dang good.
I finally found an organic masa last week, and dropped my usual Bob's Red Mill.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220306-070600_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220306-070600_Samsung Internet.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 16
How bad are these? I switched hubby to them from Herr's ;)--Good Crisps use palm oil: Crisps, Classic Original
"Although I don’t recommend “palm oil” as a food, because I think it is less stable than coconut oil, some studies show that it contains valuable nutrients. For example, it contains antioxidants similar to vitamin E, which lowers both LDL cholesterol and a platelet clotting factor." -Ray Peat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals