Coconut Oil Dog Weight Gain?

zeropercent21

I introduced coconut oil and sugar to my three dogs (2 female, 1 male) about a year ago. The two female dogs have lost a lot of weight and are always hungry; however the male dog has gained a lot of weight. He is slightly more lethargic but his appetite has increased. What do you think the issue could be in terms of his weight gain?

I feed them coconut oil with a small amount of sugar and some cheese about five times a week. All three dogs are small breeds.

redsun

I introduced coconut oil and sugar to my three dogs (2 female, 1 male) about a year ago. The two female dogs have lost a lot of weight and are always hungry; however the male dog has gained a lot of weight. He is slightly more lethargic but his appetite has increased. What do you think the issue could be in terms of his weight gain?

I feed them coconut oil with a small amount of sugar and some cheese about five times a week. All three dogs are small breeds.

Don't understand why you would feed dogs coconut oil and sugar. They are carnivores, they need lots of protein from meat, organs preferably. Milk maybe, but cheese? Huh? Still dairy but I dont think its that great for them because cheese has lost a lot of nutrients.

One gaining weight and the other two losing weight is the same problem, malnutrition. Feed them lots of organs(you can buy most organs pretty cheap like liver and kidney), and they'll all improve.

OP
Z

zeropercent21

Don't understand why you would feed dogs coconut oil and sugar. They are carnivores, they need lots of protein from meat, organs preferably. Milk maybe, but cheese? Huh? Still dairy but I dont think its that great for them because cheese has lost a lot of nutrients.

One gaining weight and the other two losing weight is the same problem, malnutrition. Feed them lots of organs(you can buy most organs pretty cheap like liver and kidney), and they'll all improve.

Ray Peat himself recommended feeding dogs coconut oil and sugar. I also feed them meat regularly.

redsun

Ray Peat himself recommended feeding dogs coconut oil and sugar. I also feed them meat regularly.

They have no use for coconut oil and sugar, they are carnivores. Plain sugar and coconut oil are both empty calories, which in the long run is not good for humans for that fact, but dogs even worse. Probably feeding them more organs alone will help them without changing anything else.

Drop the sugar and oil, and feed them raw liver and kidney regularly and they'll get better. Or don't. Your dogs, not mine. They aren't going to get better any other way.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals