Coconut Oil Disturbing Digestion?

Hanzo

Everytime i take a tbsp or two of it it leaves my throat slightly irritated and my gut with a bit but persistent acid reflux. Anyone else going through this..I am taking straight up MCT

tara

Everytime i take a tbsp or two of it it leaves me throat all sore and my gut with a bit but persistent acid reflux. Anyone else going through this..
Are you eating straight oil, or using it as part of a mixed meal, eg to fry something, or as part of a dressing?
RBD or virgin oil?
Some people find excesses of the oil to upset digestion.
A few people may be allergic to the proteins in the unrefined oil.

OP
H

Hanzo

I just fixed my OP, Yea straight MCTs. No palm and whatever. i eat it with my one huge meal.

I started eating coconut oil right when i switched my diet to eating more fats. before i ate none and only carbs...

tara

I've not used MCT, but I've heard of some people having digestive trouble with excess. Could try having a bit less?

OP
H

Hanzo

I've not used MCT, but I've heard of some people having digestive trouble with excess. Could try having a bit less?

I thought it was suppose to help with just that. Tomorrow ill try less.

Hans

Forum Supporter
MCT oil is anti-bacteria in the gut, so that might give you gut issues. If that is the case, you just have to slowly increase the dose to increase your tolerance to it.
If it's irritating your throat, it might be causing a allergic reaction for you. Maybe try another brand?
People also report less irritation if they mix the MCT with another oil/fat, such as coconut oil.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals