Coconut Oil conversion question

Dutchie

Hi everyone,

I want to try to make my own chocolatebars with a recipe I found.
The recipe calls for 1/4 Cup of Coconut Oil , which converted is about 4Tablespoons, but do they mean in general liquid or solid? And how do I measure it? I have this set of different kind of measurement spoons,so do I just scoop out 4TBSp of CO out of the jar? (It's kinda soft in the jar but not liquid).

Dan W

As long as you mash the coconut oil into the measuring spoons to minimize air-pockets, the volume should be about the same as if it was melted. So it's fine to just measure it solid.

OP
D

Dutchie

Thanx Dan. i wouldve assumed,that a spoon liquid is less than when i spoon out solid.
think im gonna try to make the. chocolate bars tonigth.

btw,everytime i see your avatar you kinda remind me of boris becker....the tennisplayer;) but nice to see a face by the name.:)
Btw isnt there a protected/closed off part on the forum where everybody can post a pic o$ themselves?wpuld be nice to see faces with a name.

pboy

indeed, solid or liquid its exactly the same....strange I know but somehow that's how it is (2 tbsp. = 1oz when it comes to pure oil / fat or any kind)

Dan W

Dutchie said:
btw,everytime i see your avatar you kinda remind me of boris becker....the tennisplayer;) but nice to see a face by the name.:)
Yeah, I always like to see that there's a "real person" behind a post. And I would not remind you of Boris Becker if you saw the time I tried tennis. Lots of confident swinging at a ball that was nowhere near me :lol:

Dutchie said:
Btw isnt there a protected/closed off part on the forum where everybody can post a pic o$ themselves?wpuld be nice to see faces with a name.
That'd be fun to add if it doesn't exist already. Charlie will probably have to chime in.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Dan Wich said:
That'd be fun to add if it doesn't exist already. Charlie will probably have to chime in.[/quote]

We could do something like that if enough people have interest.

4peatssake

Dan Wich said:
I would not remind you of Boris Becker if you saw the time I tried tennis. Lots of confident swinging at a ball that was nowhere near me :lol:
Oh man, you crack me up! :lol:

Is this you?? :P

man_playing_tennis.jpg

Dan W

4peatssake said:
Is this you?? :P
...I didn't realize photos of my performance had made it online. In my defense though, my 12" nose was making it hard to see the tennis balls.

OP
D

Dutchie

Thanx 4 all the explanations.....I tried making chocolate but it was a big fail (which usually is the case whenever I want to make something despite sticking to the recipes&guidelines.)

I don't know if I used too little oil or maybe too much sugar or too high heat....bc most of the sugar sticked to the bottom of the pan. So,I'll have to muster up the courage to try it again another time