jpgio

Coconut oil causes me intestinal distress and discomfort. I believe I am allergic to it and the affect is more pronounced the more of it I consume. Pretty unfortunate I have cooked it it for a while and I think it is the main cause of my digestive issues.I didn’t notice until that was the direct cause until I used more than usual. If anyone has lingering digestive issues try cutting out coconut oil 100% to see if it resolves. Seems to be pretty allergenic for many people.

salvio

Maybe you only have dysbiosis. Have you tried eating less and increase vegetables? Problem si that when the intetsinal barrier has problems lauric acid and SCFA help LPS to increase mucosa inflammation.

mrchibbs

Coconut oil causes me intestinal distress and discomfort. I believe I am allergic to it and the affect is more pronounced the more of it I consume. Pretty unfortunate I have cooked it it for a while and I think it is the main cause of my digestive issues.I didn’t notice until that was the direct cause until I used more than usual. If anyone has lingering digestive issues try cutting out coconut oil 100% to see if it resolves. Seems to be pretty allergenic for many people.

It happens to some people. The neutral, organic refined product is usually better.

If not, just make yourself clarified butter and cook with that. Problem solved.

salvio

It happens to some people. The neutral, organic refined product is usually better.

If not, just make yourself clarified butter and cook with that. Problem solved.
I used coconut oil when I wasn't in dysbiosis and I had no problems. Now that I am I feel extremely discomfort to use it.

He should try to eat less fats or less carbs when use it ans feel if it's better.

Clarified butter only says that lauric acid, the most medium chain fatty acid in coconut oil, it the problem but it's the problem cause it reaches colon. Maybe he can try to reduce caloric intake too.

It's difficult to understand what's wrong with him, without knowing more.

L

LauriePartridge

I have the same reaction. For me it's a problem with the salicylates in it which are very high. I can't tolerate aspirin either. But coconut is very irritating for me. It's a sensitivity to histamine, oxalates and salicylates which seem to be interrelated I have found. It basically causes a histamine reaction in me which starts with gut irritation and then leads to inflammation. I use butter instead with no problems.

yerrag

It's interesting. Most, if not all, of the coconut oil made for cooking. called refined coconut oil, is made from dried coconut kernels, aka copra, which have been sitting exposed to sun and rain. So the copra can easily be contaminated with molds. But the processing into refined coconut oil leaves only a small amount of it. I use rco all the time, and have never experienced anything bad from using it. But there are people who are more sensitive to molds, and they can have a reaction to such oils.

Virgin coconut oil comes from better sources, and if you get hold of the good quality ones, you may not experience a bad reaction to it. However, it's really not made cooking, and it has a strong smell that people may or may not like.

But if you just want to check if it's the coconut oil itself you're allergic to, and not the molds, taking a small amount of VCO would let you know. Some people can't take VCO, no matter how good the source.

OP
jpgio

jpgio

I have the same reaction. For me it's a problem with the salicylates in it which are very high. I can't tolerate aspirin either. But coconut is very irritating for me. It's a sensitivity to histamine, oxalates and salicylates which seem to be interrelated I have found. It basically causes a histamine reaction in me which starts with gut irritation and then leads to inflammation. I use butter instead with no problems.
Aspirin causes me no issues at all but I have a pretty strong allergic reaction with a significant amount of coconut oil. In small amounts it is not as significant but becomes very severe one I reach a certain amount and takes a few days to subside

yerrag

Aspirin causes me no issues at all but I have a pretty strong allergic reaction with a significant amount of coconut oil. In small amounts it is not as significant but becomes very severe one I reach a certain amount and takes a few days to subside
Have you tried taking a teaspoon of VCO? VCO won't have the slight mold issue that could be in refined coconut oil. They're not made from copra as you really don't deodorize VCO and if there's mold, it will give the VCO and off taste. So if you can take VCO, then you'd know you're being sensitive to the very small amount of mold in refined coconut oil. Refined coconut oil is deodorized so the raw material can be moldy and the moldy taste is not detected after deodorization. But if you're still sensitive to VCO, then you know it is something intrinsic in the VCO that causes it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals