Coconut Oil 5ar Final Verdict

PUTFOT

The lauric acid in coconut oil is shown to inhibit 5ar. So is this made up for or are there studies debunking this; what's the final verdict?

johnwester130

You make it sound like coconut oil and finasteride are the same thing.

Maybe coconut oil does block 5ar.

but not enough to notice it

T

tca300

If you google different fatty acids specifically for their effects on 5-AR you will find the majority inhibit 5-AR to some extent, including other saturated ones. I wouldn't worry about it.

Wagner83

I need to test this more but I'm starting to think CO is much more anti-androgenic than butter, it may increase temperature more and lead to weight loss easier (when on a high-carb diet with a good amount of starch). Perhaps it's simply that as adipose tissue shrink crap is released in the bloodstream. Mct oil may be a good option if it's well tolerated, or mixing it with butter (without increase total fat intake). Butter trumps the others in terms of taste.

nbznj

1 tbsp of MCT oil raises my T as much as 100g of jasmine rice or dextrose. I'm pretty confident it's a very nice thermogenic agent.

Perhaps it's simply that as adipose tissue shrink crap is released in the bloodstream.

I've read a few times from cardiologists that usually dropping fat leads to an elevation in triglycerides, and shouldn't be an issue. Let that melt away... It's certainly a temporary poor condition to lose fat. But then there's so many health gains.