Coconut Milk Safe Alternative To Cow Milk?

dq139

I hear that even if the dairy is raw organic it still spikes prolactin & estrogen. Trying to cut out wheat dairy soy & alcohol mostly. All of them raise prolactin.

Just worried about coconut milk lowering DHT. DHT is important to me so let me know of u think its smart to swap cow for coconut milk.

Most CM will have too much fat to drink lots of it daily. CM has no calcium, and almost no sugar for energy and almost no protein. It's just a watery fatty flavored drink. It's also usually fortified with low quality things. The best way to consume coconut is the fresh or dried meat in the right amounts. Or oil.

Jsaute21

Most CM will have too much fat to drink lots of it daily. CM has no calcium, and almost no sugar for energy and almost no protein. It's just a watery fatty flavored drink. It's also usually fortified with low quality things. The best way to consume coconut is the fresh or dried meat in the right amounts. Or oil.

Well said. I also think comparing the effect of dairy to the effect of alcohol and soy seems a bit harsh. I for one notice no issues from dairy, and feel better when it constitutes over 50% of my protein sources. Eating too much meat for me as i get older (almost 30 is no bueno.) As a high schooler or college meathead, i could eat 2 lbs a day with no issues, but times have changed.

EIRE24

Well said. I also think comparing the effect of dairy to the effect of alcohol and soy seems a bit harsh. I for one notice no issues from dairy, and feel better when it constitutes over 50% of my protein sources. Eating too much meat for me as i get older (almost 30 is no bueno.) As a high schooler or college meathead, i could eat 2 lbs a day with no issues, but times have changed.
What do you notice if you eat that much meat now?

Jsaute21

What do you notice if you eat that much meat now?
Feeling sluggish. Nothing terrible, and tbh i don't eat that much meat anymore. My body doesn't crave it unless i haven't eaten it in too long. I like meat, just over eat it for so many years that i am on a happy sabbatical.

OP
D

dq139

So I guess no type of milk is preferable?...Its just that I like putting some type of milk into coffee or a protein shake after a workout.

800mRepeats

So I guess no type of milk is preferable?...Its just that I like putting some type of milk into coffee or a protein shake after a workout.

And liking it is a fine reason to do so!
(It's just that coconut milk is not all nutritionally similar to milk - it's just white and sort of creamy, and has the word "milk" in it because of these properties.)
A coconut milk without additives is a fine choice for your coffee-whitening and shake-smoothing - Aroy-D brand comes to mind.

OP
D

dq139

(It's just that coconut milk is not all nutritionally similar to milk - it's just white and sort of creamy, and has the word "milk" in it because of these properties.)
A coconut milk without additives is a fine choice for your coffee-whitening and shake-smoothing - Aroy-D brand comes to mind.

Sounds good, but what is the better choice for dht? Cause I hear coconut lowers DHT. Just don't want my estrogen or prolactin raised with CM

X3CyO

Ideally if you're gonna buy coconut milk don't buy it in the can form. BPA and other chems like it are easily absorbed from the lining into the fat.

tara

What's preferable probably depends on you. If dairy agrees with you, then you will be in the company of many who do well with lots of it. Some of us don't though.
Unless you personally react badly to coconut in small quantities, I can't see any reason not to use it in smallish quantities in coffee or other drinks or dishes. Some people find it irritating or allergenic.

A coconut milk without additives is a fine choice for your coffee-whitening and shake-smoothing
+1

Brandin

Milk also got t3, progesterone and testosterone.