Coca Cola Energy Vs Red Bull

Epik

If one had to choose between Coca Cola energy or red bull, which one would be the "cleanest" one? I've listed the ingredients for each below.

Coca Cola Energy Ingredients: CARBONATED WATER, SUGAR GLUCOSE, CARAMEL COLOUR, PHOSPHORIC ACID, NATURAL FLAVOUR, CAFFEINE, SODIUM BENZOATE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, NIACINAMIDE (NIACIN) GUARANA EXTRACT, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B6).

Red Bull Ingredients: Carbonated water, sugar, glucose-fructose, citric acid, taurine, sodium bicarbonate, magnesium carbonate, caffeine, niacin, pantothenate, vitamin 86, vitamin B12, artificial flavour, colour.

Coca-Cola doesn't taste the way it did when I was a kid, my taste buds might have changed lol. Red Bull is nice, both Coca-Cola and Red Bull should be consumed in moderation though, not an everyday thing :):

boris

If one had to choose between Coca Cola energy or red bull, which one would be the "cleanest" one? I've listed the ingredients for each below.

Coca Cola Energy Ingredients: CARBONATED WATER, SUGAR GLUCOSE, CARAMEL COLOUR, PHOSPHORIC ACID, NATURAL FLAVOUR, CAFFEINE, SODIUM BENZOATE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, NIACINAMIDE (NIACIN) GUARANA EXTRACT, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B6).

Red Bull Ingredients: Carbonated water, sugar, glucose-fructose, citric acid, taurine, sodium bicarbonate, magnesium carbonate, caffeine, niacin, pantothenate, vitamin 86, vitamin B12, artificial flavour, colour.

Choose your poison :lol:

Coca Cola Energy: POTASSIUM SORBATE :skull:
Red Bull: CITRIC ACID :blackeye:

I would go with the citric acid. Is that American Red Bull? The German version has artificial sweeteners added :(
[I see now that you're from Canada, seems to be the same as US Red Bull]

Last edited:
J

jb116

I drink coke essentially every day. If I want an "energy drink" I add 1-2 drops of b-complex and dash more caffeine. I don't do that modification a lot however.

I think Rockstar is okay -- same with Monster and Red Bull, at least on occasion.

I tried and did not really like the Coca Cola energy one, but I've had almost all of the known brands and think Monster, Rockstar and Red Bull are generally pretty okay among the bunch.

Plus it can be hard to know what is exactly in them and in what ratios/quantities without lab/specific equipment testing probably anyways.

Rockstar has some slightly different but possibly interesting and beneficial ingredients/additions over, say, Red Bull and such for some.

I just had a NOS and so far so good -- thinking they're maybe superior to some of those sugarless, super-caffeinated and vitamin/nutrient lacking versions.

Last edited:
OP
Epik

Epik

@Epik Regarding potassium sorbate:
Thanks @boris. I did a quick search on the forum and found that Travis said for how horrible preservatives are potassium sorbate is one of the "safest". Is there any amount I should stay under just as a reference? I can't handle the taste of coffee since I was a kid so I'm trying to find a replacement for a caffeine source. I've tried forcing myself the past half a year to drink coffee and I can't get myself to keep doing it.

boris

Thanks @boris. I did a quick search on the forum and found that Travis said for how horrible preservatives are potassium sorbate is one of the "safest".

I read that, and looking further down the thread it seems to me that he changed his position on it's safety.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals