CO2 Therapy: Rebreathing, High Elevation, Masks, Tents, CO2 Tanks, Etc

dookie

So it seems the main idea of Peat's theory is that things which elevate CO2 are good. So, everything that activates the metabolism, and internally produces CO2, will improve health.

But what about the other route: directly supplying CO2, with re-breathing, going to high altitudes, using various masks, bags filled with CO2, or CO2 baths, etc.

Anyone tried a form of "CO2 therapy" with success? What results did you notice?

Diokine

I occasionally use a nasal cannula to breathe CO2, I initially noticed some benefits like deeper breathing, reduced sinusitis. Baths and bags were too much of a pain for me to pursue regularly. I have a face mask I've been using occasionally and I think it's been helping with my eyes. My favorite therapy by far is breathing.

Lizb

Buteyko method seems to be the only real solution to increasing and maintaining co2. It's a difficult technique and one that requires guidance. It undoubtedly works.

Queequeg

Ray mentioned on a podcast that he would get bottles of CO2 from a welding shop and use that for various things including surrounding a wound in CO2. I am not sure if was breathing CO2 directly as well but he does recommend bag breathing.
I think Buteyko breathing is something to look into as well.

Last edited:

Dan W

I occasionally use a nasal cannula to breathe CO2, I initially noticed some benefits like deeper breathing, reduced sinusitis.
I do the same. I've gotten lazy about doing it consistently, but it intuitively feels very "anti-stress", so I still do it in times of stress.

...including surrounding a wound in CO2.
I tried this once with a burn, and it seemed to heal up a lot faster than I would've expected. But it's hard to say since I didn't do a control with a second, identical burn :)

HLP

Our family members used a two liter bottle with small holes in the bottom for rebreathing CO2 and it fixed a long standing snoring problem. I also notice I sleep better when I practice it daily.

HLP

Twice a day for about five minutes each time. I try to get a bit more time than that. A few minutes here and there is good too. It travels well too, so I can do it in the vehicle when I'm a passenger. I cover the holes loosely with my hand to capture more CO2 and for the inhale just make it comfortable by adjusting how much air I allow in.

raypeatclips

Twice a day for about fiv11e minutes each time. I try to get a bit more time than that. A few minutes here and there is good too. It travels well too, so I can do it in the vehicle when I'm a passenger.

Just breathing in and out with it through your mouth, and that stopped the snoring issues?

HLP

Ya, just the mouth and if I could figure a way to do the nose that would be my preference.

tara

But what about the other route: directly supplying CO2, with re-breathing, going to high altitudes, using various masks, bags filled with CO2, or CO2 baths, etc.
Peat has talked about a number of these too.

Have you taken a look at threads in this subforum?
CO2, Bag Breathing

Mad

I think bag breathing is the main thing that fixed my sleep issues. Just plain old paper bag, mouth breathe in and out for about a minute or less right before bed. I began doing it when aiming to lower serotonin.
The sleep issues are discussed here: Chest "zaps" At Night. Cortisol? Adrenaline?

OP
D

dookie

@tara

Thanks, yes I have looked around, but was more wondering, if people had fixed serious/chronic problems with bag breathing; has anyone found it as powerful as progesterone or oral supplements, or even more important than supplements, for fixing things?

@tara

Thanks, yes I have looked around, but was more wondering, if people had fixed serious/chronic problems with bag breathing; has anyone found it as powerful as progesterone or oral supplements, or even more important than supplements, for fixing things?

Yes. More important. More useful. Huge.

How much do you bag breath a day? Or what's the most you did per day?

I used mostly a Frolov unit in a big glass jug. I have done 5 or 10 minutes of bag breathing. I have done long pauses. I still do these all sometimes.

My CO2 is usually quite high these days.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals