CO2 "therapy" As The Primary Strategy

Mauritio

Interesting question.
It looks to me like:

Increasing CO2 is of critical importance. It is crucial in many systems - respiratory, nervous, digestive, skeletal, wound healing, etc.

Increasing CO2 in general circulation can help in many ways. Bag breathing, absorption through the skin, various reduced breathing exercises can all be very significant ways to improve metabolism and resolve or improve many issues for some people. I reckon they can probably be important tactics for improving metabolism, as long as appropriate precautions are observed. There are probably exceptions, though, for people with some kinds of conditions, eg lungs that have trouble with the gas exchange already. Inhaling CO2 enriched air seems like it could be useful in some contexts, but to be used with care, as there are risks.

As I understand Peat, there are some special functions that CO2 performs specifically when it is produced in the cell and then exits the cell - the streaming directional flow of it is also important, and this is not directly produced by supplementing CO2.

Increasing CO2 tends to acidify the system. If the system is already too acid, this can cause problems. I think calcium and other alkaline minerals are probably key. Also carbohydrates - revving up metabolism without adequate fuel seems fuel seems fraught to me.

Making sure all the other nutrient needs are also met is important - supplementing CO2 alone is unlikely to fix everything if diet etc are seriously inadequate.

High O2 with 5-6% CO2 would probably be way too much O2 for most people most of the time. 5-6% CO2 might be good for some people some of the time, but I would think it might be too much for some, and that monitoring would be necessary to make it safe for most people, because you can get too much CO2, and if you do you might not be in a state to stop it yourself. Rapid increase in CO2 can cause bad reactions in some people.
In an emergency hospital setting, carbogen seems a lot safer than pure oxygen.
I'm not sure that having deficiencies exposed quicker would be a good thing. Deficiencies seem to have to get quite severe before they become obvious. Better to try to avoid them by supplying good nutrition, I'd have thought?

There are some studies and some anecdotes on the effectiveness of Buteyko method. Buteyko focussed on CO2 centrally, but also had diet and lifestyle guidelines that he considered an important part of the method.
I'm a little confused here . Is CO2 better inside or outside of the cell ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals