CO2 might be the stronger and safest anti-inflammatory agent against RONA

yerrag

@Hans
Yes. Thanks for sharing the study.

I can only say what I said with much conviction because I came from 2 weeks of hell and back from a self-induced systemic bacterial infection that left me in a severely acidic state. I realized the terrible state I was in and thankfully, I have a carbogen unit on hand. Slowly, I used carbogen breathing to restore acid-base balance on one end as I figured out how to put under control the bacterial infection on the other end.

It was a long process. Felt like I was in the valley of darkness.

I am much better now, but I would not have recovered this well without carbogen breathing to pull me through.

md_a

“Between its formation and its exhalation, C02 participates in many essential processes, including the stabilization of the energy producing system. When there isn't enough C02, the conversion of glucose to lactate increases, as an inefficient alternative source of energy, and then to supplement the rapidly consumed glucose, the use of the amino acid glutamine for energy increases, with ammonia as a byproduct. Both lactate and ammonia stimulate breathing, which can be lifesaving if a simple lack of oxygen was the reason for the lack of C02; however, if the lungs have a normal supply of oxygen, increased ventilation resulting from ammonia and lactate will cause a further decrease of C02.

Since C02 relaxes smooth muscle, cells that are working and consuming oxygen and glucose (producing C02 in proportion to their activity) cause nearby blood vessels to relax and expand, delivering more oxygen and glucose in proportion to the increased need. When C02 is decreased, blood vessels constrict, limiting the supply of glucose and oxygen. With restricted blood supply, cells have to resort to locally stored glycogen for glucose, and to the breakdown of internal proteins for glutamine.

In hypothyroidism, with lowered oxidative metabolism, the organism is never far from stress and hyperventilation, with the chronic production of lactate and ammonia. The inefficient metabolism of diabetes has similar effects. Diabetes and hypothyroidism are very closely related, since the use of glucose is required for the activation of the thyroid hormone, which is required for the efficient use of glucose. Besides ammonia and lactate, other stress related substances can also increase the drive to breathe more, depleting the essential C02-endotoxin, acetylcholine, serotonin, hydrogen sulfide, nitric oxide, carbon monoxide, angiotensin, and estrogen, for example.

The hypoxia inducible factor increases many enzymes that promote the reductive state-aromatase (Samarajeewa, et al., 2013), prostaglandin synthase/cyclooxygenase (Xing, et al., 2015), the enzymes of glycolysis (MarinHemandez, et al., 2009), glutaminolysis (Kappler, et al., 2017), and glutamatergic excitation (Hsieh, et al., 2017), for example. Two of the enzymes that it activates, angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) and carbonic anhydrase, have fundamental roles in shaping metabolism. Angiotensin II, the peptide produced by ACE, increases blood pressure and water retention and activates the pituitary and adrenal stress hormones, especially aldosterone. Both angiotensin and aldosterone activate carbonic anhydrase. It seems that any chemical that causes contraction of blood vessels also activates carbonic anhydrase (Puscas, et al., 2001 ). When the carbonic anhydrase in the wall of the blood vessel is activated, it converts the acid C02 to bicarbonate, raising the pH of the cell, increasing its excitability. The alkaline shift in pH (the shift that becomes chronic in cancer cells) increases the excitation and energy expenditure of any type of cell. These shifts toward pseudo hypoxia, alkalinity, excitation, water retention, and inefficient energy production can be seen, either locally or systemically, in all of the chronic and degenerative conditions that are now known to involve inflammation. Stress modifies our breathing, causing a vicious cycle, in which the lactate and ammonia produced when stimulation exceeds our oxidative capacity stimulate more intense breathing, causing more carbon dioxide to be lost, reducing oxidative efficiency and increasing the formation of ammonia and lactate.

Considering the crucial role of C02 in preserving the integrity of cells, there should be more attention to using it therapeutically-bag breathing (rebreathing expired air until the oxygen in the bag is uncomfortably depleted), bathing in it (using a bag or tub of pure C02), using carbogen (5% C02 in oxygen) in hospitals and for emergency resuscitation, and using carbonic anhydrase inhibitors such as acetazolamide in more situations, including psychiatric. Direct use of carbon dioxide is likely to be helpful in all the situations that are known to be benefitted by acetazolamide, without the risk of allergy to that drug-traumatic brain edema, mountain sickness, osteoporosis, epilepsy, glaucoma, hyperactivity (ADHD), inflammation, polyps of the intestine, and arthritis. Diabetes, cardiomyopathy (Torella, et al., 2014), obesity (Arechederra, et al., 2013), cancer, dementia and psychosis are also likely to benefit…

Other things that should be taken into account in any therapy are the light environment and the intestinal flora ( endotoxin activates HIF), the cycles of sleep and activity, and the quality of environmental stimulation. Among the common inhibitors of carbonic anhydrase are the mildly oxidizing flavonoids such as apigenin and fisetin, some polyphenols, vitamin Bl, vitamin D (Mras, et al., 2012), progesterone (partly by blocking the activation by estrogen and aldosterone ), and emodin.” Ray Peat

Dr. B

*sarcasm on*

But Hans, you can't say that CO2 is Anti-Inflammatory. You Know. The Vaccine is the ONLY Way to solve the ''Rona'' Nowadays.....:rollingred

*sarcasm off*

Just Kidding. Great Thread once Again. I Also use (like in the List from @LucyL) Aspirin and Pomegranate(-Juice) Regulary with good Results. I Try out Baking Soda in my next Vacation in early December and see how it goes. CO2 is (especially in Terms of the Rona) a very underrated Topic.
you can even get pomegranate concentrate by lakewood. its still liquid form. its much heavier than the regular juice. i tried some to drink but its just way too strong on its own.

Acetazolamide inhibits carbonic anhydrases I, II, III (CA1, CA2, CA3).
Acetaminophen inhibits carbonic anhydrases II, III (CA2, CA3).
Vitamin E and Selenium inhibit carbonic anhydrase III (CA3).
Vitamin B12 (Cobalt) inhibits carbonic anhydrases I, II, IV (CA1, CA2, CA4).

In my opinion, diuretic compounds such as Pomegranate, Capsaicin, Caffeine, Green Tea,... inhibit carbonic anhydrases.

the b12 and selenium are not safe to use daily though right especially b12 is huge doses.
do the dietary forms of these still inhibit it. like eating liver which has selenium and b12

The study did mention that breathing CO2 is a good approach and I think so as well. But boosting overall CO2 production is always a good idea. If someone is deficient in B1 for example, their CO2 production will be less. So by increasing B1 and CO2 production isn't forcing the body in a direction it can't handle.

doesnt going to a higher altitude also inhibit carbonic anhydrase

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
*sarcasm on*

But Hans, you can't say that CO2 is Anti-Inflammatory. You Know. The Vaccine is the ONLY Way to solve the ''Rona'' Nowadays.....:rollingred

*sarcasm off*

Just Kidding. Great Thread once Again. I Also use (like in the List from @LucyL) Aspirin and Pomegranate(-Juice) Regulary with good Results. I Try out Baking Soda in my next Vacation in early December and see how it goes. CO2 is (especially in Terms of the Rona) a very underrated Topic.
Haha. I saw a study the other day talking about how vit D should be given to enhance the effects of the vaccine. If everyone was healthy with enough vit D, there would definitely not have been a pandemic.
The old things I'm using to enhance CO2 is B1, vit D (from the sun), aspirin, pyruvate and niacinamide. I do it mostly to enhance ATP production and enhance recovery though.

youngsinatra

S/O to @youngsinatra covid proof stack with lotsa B1 lol
Haha, still doing 3 x 1 gram of B1 daily accompanied by lots of magnesium, riboflavin and biotin. I think those 4 are the most potent CO2-raising agents.

Dr. B

Haha, still doing 3 x 1 gram of B1 daily accompanied by lots of magnesium, riboflavin and biotin. I think those 4 are the most potent CO2-raising agents.
caffeine might be one
i use 20mg policosanols. not sure which did it, either the b1 500mg hcl, or 20mg policosanols seems to have helped my skin a lot...
ill get beeswax pellets to chew soon too for some additional policosanol

youngsinatra

caffeine might be one
i use 20mg policosanols. not sure which did it, either the b1 500mg hcl, or 20mg policosanols seems to have helped my skin a lot...
ill get beeswax pellets to chew soon too for some additional policosanol
Hypothetically yes, but also saw some papers talking about caffeine raising blood lactate. I think @haidut even covered it somewhere on the forum.

Dr. B

No, the oxygen tension is lower, so you have a high CO2 to O2 ratio.
mate those things like b1, b12 selenium are listed as CA inhibitors so will simply eating liver help inhibit CA or does it need to be large doses/supplemental doses.
b12 and selenium you can probably get away supplementing a large dose once a week, but cant really supplement them daily especially selenium

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
mate those things like b1, b12 selenium are listed as CA inhibitors so will simply eating liver help inhibit CA or does it need to be large doses/supplemental doses.
b12 and selenium you can probably get away supplementing a large dose once a week, but cant really supplement them daily especially selenium
I'm sure they will have some inhibitory effect. The only 1 I'll supplement is B1. B12 and selenium is easy to get through the diet in large amounts.

Dr. B

I'm sure they will have some inhibitory effect. The only 1 I'll supplement is B1. B12 and selenium is easy to get through the diet in large amounts.
what do you use for selenium, besides brazil nuts or beef liver!

Amazoniac

Among the common inhibitors of carbonic anhydrase are the mildly oxidizing flavonoids such as apigenin and fisetin, some polyphenols, vitamin B1, vitamin D (Mraz, et al., 2012), progesterone (partly by blocking the activation by estrogen and aldosterone), and emodin.
Effect of vitamin D on carbonic anhydrase activity experimental research in vitro and in vivo

1636495857040.png

40 ng/ml = 10^−7 M

How impacting is it? Unlike their craponic annihilases, no one is pure, we're all intoxicated to different degrees, getting more might mean going from [] "deficient" to [] "sufficient", something like this:

1636495880801.png

I had issues inverting it.

David90

you can even get pomegranate concentrate by lakewood. its still liquid form. its much heavier than the regular juice. i tried some to drink but its just way too strong on its own.
Good to know. Thanks for the Info. I get mine from the ''DM'' Drug Store here in Germany. The Only thing i look out for, is, that it's NOT from Concentrate (aka NFC Juice).
I used it heavyly in my Clubbing Time and for Workouts around 2018-2019. Had Good Experiences with it and can definently approve the CO2 Raising Effects. I would rather buy more of it, if it would be not so expensive. Maybe i buy a NFC 5l Pomegranate Juice in the Future on Amazon (it exists, i'm not kidding).

Yeah, it's too strong on it's own. You have to mix it with OJ or a bit of Plain/Sparkling Water. Then it should mask the Taste.

Haha. I saw a study the other day talking about how vit D should be given to enhance the effects of the vaccine. If everyone was healthy with enough vit D, there would definitely not have been a pandemic.
The old things I'm using to enhance CO2 is B1, vit D (from the sun), aspirin, pyruvate and niacinamide. I do it mostly to enhance ATP production and enhance recovery though.
Intresting. If that is true, then Vitamin D should be reduced, to dampen the Effects of the Vaccine?!.

I try'ed out Aspirin directly after a Post-Workout-Meal (which also included some Coffee). Man, i was warm as F*** for a While. Definently felt the Enchaned ATP/Michondria for Sure.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
If that is true, then Vitamin D should be reduced, to dampen the Effects of the Vaccine?!.
No it should be protective as well. It basically stated that vaccines are less effective without vit D and we know that vit D are very important for the immune system as well as energy production.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals