CO2 Generator For Room

OP
S

seraph94

It made me feel relaxed and after sleeping in 1% atmosphere I felt like my bones were growing or getting denser, it was a weird feeling.
Circulation improved and I was unable to get dizzy by hyperventilating.
I didn't have any health issues which I wanted to cure, I was just playing around with it.
Sounds impressive.
Whenever I use Frolov device for 15 minutes, 2.5 hours after meal and just before sleep, I sleep very well.

Agnichaga

@Atman
I've had a large canister of food grade co2 outside my house now for 3 months and haven't found the time yet to explore the world of electronic valving. Any recommendations? I'm imagining a tube running 20 feet into my bedroom to slightly elevate the co2 along with a control wire that plugs into a usb port. Do you imagine your program is compilable on Linux? It could save me a lot of trouble. Something in Pearl would be beautiful. Thx.

tankasnowgod

It made me feel relaxed and after sleeping in 1% atmosphere I felt like my bones were growing or getting denser, it was a weird feeling.
Circulation improved and I was unable to get dizzy by hyperventilating.
I didn't have any health issues which I wanted to cure, I was just playing around with it.

Felt your bones getting denser? That's incredible! So it worked well?

Atman

@Atman
I've had a large canister of food grade co2 outside my house now for 3 months and haven't found the time yet to explore the world of electronic valving. Any recommendations? I'm imagining a tube running 20 feet into my bedroom to slightly elevate the co2 along with a control wire that plugs into a usb port. Do you imagine your program is compilable on Linux? It could save me a lot of trouble. Something in Pearl would be beautiful. Thx.

It's like 50 lines in python. Nothing fancy.
I would not play without a proper CO2 sensor though and that's the expensive part.
That's the one I used: K33 ELG 10,000ppm CO2 + RH/T Data Logging Sensor

Trambak

@Slimboy94 @tara @Atman
I'm not a chemist or biologist, so I wonder what you guys think of this very inexpensive and super easy solution suggested in the Amazon comment section for the Enhancer:
"Added 1 tsp yeast and 2 cups sugar to 1 liter warm water in a 2 L soda bottle with pinholes in lid and 30 min later my CO2 monitor was maxed out and has been for the last 2 days (8000 ppm max). This DIY solution costs about $7 and worked better. This is for my sons science fair project so I am sure the DIY could probably be done better."

Like any Peat-head I of course had some empty soda bottles and a lot of suger at hand. I only had to buy some yeast!
Anyway, starting today I will try this and will update on any benefits (or lack thereof).

appotis

From wikipedia:
"Below 1%[edit]
There are few studies of the health effects of long-term continuous CO2 exposure on humans and animals at levels below 1%. Occupational CO2 exposure limits have been set in the United States at 0.5% (5000 ppm) for an eight-hour period.[132] At this CO2 concentration, International Space Station crew experienced headaches, lethargy, mental slowness, emotional irritation, and sleep disruption.[133] Studies in animals at 0.5% CO2 have demonstrated kidney calcification and bone loss after eight weeks of exposure.[134] A study of humans exposed in 2.5 hour sessions demonstrated significant negative effects on cognitive abilities at concentrations as low as 0.1% (1000ppm) CO2 likely due to CO2 induced increases in cerebral blood flow.[130] Another study observed a decline in basic activity level and information usage at 1000 ppm, when compared to 500 ppm.[131]
"

I do not understand why higher co2 content in the air is associated with these bad effects. Co2 meters are sold for measuring air quality. The more the co2 the worse the quality.
Shouldn't co2 improve cognititve ability and sleep?
Or do you think that its a short term stressors that needs an adaption time to receive the benefits?

tara

I do not understand why higher co2 content in the air is associated with these bad effects. Co2 meters are sold for measuring air quality. The more the co2 the worse the quality.
Shouldn't co2 improve cognitive ability and sleep?
Or do you think that its a short term stressors that needs an adaption time to receive the benefits?
I expect it depends on the actual CO2 level, how long it is maintained, how adaptation is approached, prior health state, maybe other factors.

The body attempts to maintain homeostatis around its current CO2 set point. I guess the body ideally uses the CO2 it produces from its own metabolism, at the site of production, and needs to be able to regulate its own blood CO2 levels. This can be trained to some extent, with time and other appropriate conditions.
Forcing it externally suddenly and for prolonged periods may not be the ideal method?

Neo

@Slimboy94 @tara @Atman
I'm not a chemist or biologist, so I wonder what you guys think of this very inexpensive and super easy solution suggested in the Amazon comment section for the Enhancer:
"Added 1 tsp yeast and 2 cups sugar to 1 liter warm water in a 2 L soda bottle with pinholes in lid and 30 min later my CO2 monitor was maxed out and has been for the last 2 days (8000 ppm max). This DIY solution costs about $7 and worked better. This is for my sons science fair project so I am sure the DIY could probably be done better."

Like any Peat-head I of course had some empty soda bottles and a lot of suger at hand. I only had to buy some yeast!
Anyway, starting today I will try this and will update on any benefits (or lack thereof).
Woah! Any updates?

Trambak

Woah! Any updates?
Well, I tried it for 2 months or something. Not having a CO meter I don't know how much or any CO increased in my rooms. I didnt experience any benefits and the project was abandoned... But I'm a hard case for experiencing benefits. Some other person could experience good results, who knows. It's easy and dirt cheap to try!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals