CO2 Generator For Room

seraph94

Hi,
I would like to hear thoughts on putting CO2 generator which is used in grow rooms into my bedroom. I want also to purchase CO2 meter in order to prevent CO2 reaching too high levels.

tankasnowgod

Not a good idea. I don't know how well controlled those generators are at releasing CO2, and most of them work by burning fuel. Beyond the dangers of getting suffocation levels of CO2 in said room, there would be open flame dangers as well as potential for other toxic byproducts building up in the air.

So, in addition to death, you could burn your house down.

yoshiesque

Yes omg I just heard about this on YouTube for plants and thought about posting this. How has anyone not brought this up before surely it can mimic high altitude living

tankasnowgod

Yes omg I just heard about this on YouTube for plants and thought about posting this. How has anyone not brought this up before surely it can mimic high altitude living

I'm guessing most people don't want to be in a room with an active propane burner, or rotting mushroom bags?

yoshiesque

But I saw one that uses a bottle of citric acid and a bottle of baking soda. Something to do with that makes co2. Can this be used?

tara

I would like to hear thoughts on putting CO2 generator which is used in grow rooms into my bedroom.
You are your own CO2 generator. If you are not already certainly and reliably sleeping with your mouth shut, I'd do that first. And practice other ways to reduce hyperventilation before sleep.
I concur with those who caution against combustion generators.

OP
S

seraph94

Thanks for answers. However, I will try to find a generator which produces only CO2, nothing extra.
If you have any idea about the generators or methods which may produce pure CO2, please, share your findings.

tara

Stick your head under the sheet as long as it's comfortable. That'll generate local CO2.

OP
S

seraph94

Stick your head under the sheet as long as it's comfortable. That'll generate local CO2.
come on :D
I want continuous exposure to higher CO2 levels without any physical attempt as mole rats or queen bees :) . And in this case, I think, the only solution is CO2 generator.

tara

I'm not kidding. People do this. It raises CO2 locally. As long as you leave the sheet it loose and not too far over, you'll instinctively throw it off if it gets too much. You won't get to mole rat proportions. It's cheap and much less likely to cause harm. There are people using CO2 tanks, but I would caution against it while not fully conscious (it should turn off or fall away when you lose concentration or consciousness). Output needs to be controlled so you don't OD.

I'd be surprised if the gas-fuelled generators don't risk at least some carbon monoxide production. Which I presume would be counter to your aims.

If you are set on a machine instead of cheaper safer methods, no-one here can stop you.

But I saw one that uses a bottle of citric acid and a bottle of baking soda. Something to do with that makes co2. Can this be used?
I haven't done the chem and maths, but I imagine you could make a fairly safe experiment. Don't know if the quantities would be practical for a room.

Trambak

"The Enhancer" from TNB Naturals is sold as safe for indoor gardening, without any propane burner or any heat source.
Most hydrogardening (=indoors gardening) retailers carry it, both in the US and in Europe. (In Europe you can find it, for instance, at hydrogarden.se , or hydrogarden.co.uk (NOTE: I have no affiliation with either manufacturer or these retailers.)

Manufacturers sales pitch:
"The Enhancer is an all natural CO2 generator made from 100% organic ingredients. This safe and effective solution for CO2 supplementation creates a blast of CO2 that can reach 1200 PPM in a 12x12x12 area for up to 2 weeks. Activate The Enhancer by adding 1 litre of warm water, placing the lid back on, removing the sticker on the lid, covering the small hole with your thumb and giving the bottle a quick shake. The Enhancer works off the natural phenomena known as photosynthesis and will begin to disperse CO2 within a few minutes of being activated. For optimal performance shake The Enhancer once a day in a 12x12x12 area and once every second day in a 6x6x6 area. The simplicity and ease of use, along with the fact that The Enhancer does not produce heat or require any additional equipment, make this the future of CO2 production."

Their videos: Gallery | TNB Naturals | The Number 1 Co2 in the world!

This product is usually sold for USD 40, a refill for USD 25.

Another product is Airbomz Co2 Dispenser, from Air Bomz | CO2 Dispensor | Improved Cannabis Crops | Photosynthesis

I have yet to try either, but is considering it...

Atman

I build and tested a setup similar to this several years ago.

It consisted of a CO2 bottle with an electrical valve which I controlled via a small computer, which was also connected to a CO2 sensor.
I wrote a small program where you could adjust the time and target concentration.

I did several experiments and the highest I went was I think about 1% CO2 or 10.000 ppm which is more than 20 times the current atmospheric concentration.

I would advise against using any generator without knowing in detail how it works. Safest bet is to use pure food grade CO2 from a bottle.

OP
S

seraph94

"The Enhancer" from TNB Naturals is sold as safe for indoor gardening, without any propane burner or any heat source.
Most hydrogardening (=indoors gardening) retailers carry it, both in the US and in Europe. (In Europe you can find it, for instance, at hydrogarden.se , or hydrogarden.co.uk (NOTE: I have no affiliation with either manufacturer or these retailers.)

Manufacturers sales pitch:
"The Enhancer is an all natural CO2 generator made from 100% organic ingredients. This safe and effective solution for CO2 supplementation creates a blast of CO2 that can reach 1200 PPM in a 12x12x12 area for up to 2 weeks. Activate The Enhancer by adding 1 litre of warm water, placing the lid back on, removing the sticker on the lid, covering the small hole with your thumb and giving the bottle a quick shake. The Enhancer works off the natural phenomena known as photosynthesis and will begin to disperse CO2 within a few minutes of being activated. For optimal performance shake The Enhancer once a day in a 12x12x12 area and once every second day in a 6x6x6 area. The simplicity and ease of use, along with the fact that The Enhancer does not produce heat or require any additional equipment, make this the future of CO2 production."

Their videos: Gallery | TNB Naturals | The Number 1 Co2 in the world!

This product is usually sold for USD 40, a refill for USD 25.

Another product is Airbomz Co2 Dispenser, from Air Bomz | CO2 Dispensor | Improved Cannabis Crops | Photosynthesis

I have yet to try either, but is considering it...
That's it. Thank you !
Gonna try it and share the results, but probably after 1.5 month.

OP
S

seraph94

I build and tested a setup similar to this several years ago.

It consisted of a CO2 bottle with an electrical valve which I controlled via a small computer, which was also connected to a CO2 sensor.
I wrote a small program where you could adjust the time and target concentration.

I did several experiments and the highest I went was I think about 1% CO2 or 10.000 ppm which is more than 20 times the current atmospheric concentration.

I would advise against using any generator without knowing in detail how it works. Safest bet is to use pure food grade CO2 from a bottle.
And how did you feel with it ? Have you got any health results ?

tara

The Enhancer ....
Looks much safer than a burner. 1200ppm does not look dangerous. Though that assumes plants are taking up the CO2, rather than humans adding to it.
I wonder what it smells like?
I wonder whether brewing a small supply of ginger beer, yogurt, kombucha, or something else tasty and harmless in the room would be significant?

Atman

And how did you feel with it ? Have you got any health results ?
It made me feel relaxed and after sleeping in 1% atmosphere I felt like my bones were growing or getting denser, it was a weird feeling.
Circulation improved and I was unable to get dizzy by hyperventilating.
I didn't have any health issues which I wanted to cure, I was just playing around with it.

tara

From wikipedia:
"Below 1%[edit]
There are few studies of the health effects of long-term continuous CO2 exposure on humans and animals at levels below 1%. Occupational CO2 exposure limits have been set in the United States at 0.5% (5000 ppm) for an eight-hour period.[132] At this CO2 concentration, International Space Station crew experienced headaches, lethargy, mental slowness, emotional irritation, and sleep disruption.[133] Studies in animals at 0.5% CO2 have demonstrated kidney calcification and bone loss after eight weeks of exposure.[134] A study of humans exposed in 2.5 hour sessions demonstrated significant negative effects on cognitive abilities at concentrations as low as 0.1% (1000ppm) CO2 likely due to CO2 induced increases in cerebral blood flow.[130] Another study observed a decline in basic activity level and information usage at 1000 ppm, when compared to 500 ppm.[131]
"