scrubolio

Been wanting to play around with CO2 for awhile now and finally got the inspiration to go out and get everything needed. Here's what I did followed by my experience:

Warning: You can suffocate and die, please go slowly, make sure someone is around, and always empty the bag of CO2 after your bath, especially if you have kids. ***t happens.​

co2sitting.jpeg

Supplies:​

1x Other person to help you
2x big trash bags
1x Roll of wide tape
1x CO2 gas regulator (low pressure, so that the gas isn't coming out at a high PSI)
1x 7-liter steel gas tank filled with FOOD GRADE CO2 (you can get a smaller tank)
1x 5-feet tube (longer or shorter as you see fit)
1x Small zip tie/cable tie
1x String/Ribbon - to tie the bag shut around your neck
1x Chair/stool
1x Scissors

General idea:​

***Probably best to eat something sweet before getting in.
***Probably best do this outside/patio/deck or in a well ventilated area.
***CO2 is heavier than air, so it sinks.
1. Tape 2 black trash bags together so that it's long enough for you to get into. Use a fan to blow air into the bag and grab the open end shut with your hand to ensure the bag can hold pressure to ensure its sealed. You will need to cut one end of the bag open with scissors.
2. (Optional): tape off some of the bag by folding a flap over long-ways so that you don't need to use as much gas. But make sure you can still get in and out of the bag comfortably.
3. Press your tube onto the barb nipple on the regulator and place the zip tie over the tube so that it is more secure on the barb nipple. (note, your regulator might not come with a hose barb fitting, but with a NPT or some other type of pipe fitting, so get what you need accordingly. a hose barb to a hose connection would be easiest and idea.)
4. Make sure the gas regulator is at its lowest setting.
5. Get into the black trash bags and feed the other end of the tube into the bag and sit down on a chair/stool.
6. Get someone else to tie the bag shut around your neck.
7. Have someone else Slowly turn the the CO2 tank valve open. If no gas comes through the line after you've turned it 1-2 full turns, the regulator knob might not be open enough. So slowly turn the regulator valve clockwise.
8. Once the gas starts flowing, wait for the bags to fill up.
9. When you can start to feel the gas or air escaping out through the neck area of the bag, once that starts, turn off the CO2 tank valve.

Cost:​

Your cost will vary, and I spent way more than I was expecting (prices in USD):
Gas regulator: $43
Empty 7-liter tank: $54
7-liter tank fillup: $25
Everything else I already had or were pretty cheap.

Notes:​

1. I found its better to SIT than LAY. The gas doesn't escape nearly as fast (or at all) so you get more of the benefits. I even tried laying on a pillow and blanket to lift my upper body up, but the "puffy" bag still deflated and I had have someone refill the bag.
2. The guy at the gas shop thought I wanted it for a Sodastream or similar type of setup and I just said yes something like that. A Sodastream machine doesn't need the gas regulator since it just runs off the bottle pressure (which can be a very high 860psi depending on the temperature), so you have to insist that you need one that outputs low pressure around 10-30psi should be ok? you may can go higher too.
3. I've used this tank for around 12-15 fillups so far and it seems to still be going strong.
4. At times when you release the gas into the bag, you can feel some ice crystals coming out of the pipe and the pipe/tank get cold. This should be due to the high pressurization of the CO2 and it's subsequent release.

Experience:​

I felt that my body heated up quickly and significantly. When I initially get into the bag, I feel warm, but once the CO2 in, it feels cool. Once the bag gets inflated with CO2 and the flow stops, that's when I get a huge heat sensation. I originally thought it felt like being in a sauna, but instead of being heated by hot air or steam, I felt like I was the heat source that was radiating heat. I sweat quite a bit and in my case I get itchy (maybe PUFA oxidizing in the heat?).

I thought that maybe the heat feeling was a placebo affect, so I tried just getting into the bag without the CO2 for 5+ minutes and I did not have the same intense heat sensation. Note that once the cool CO2 stops flowing into the bag, I immediately feel the production of heat.

I honestly have not seen any other improvements or other sensations outside of the bath after doing it for around 2 weeks now. But it's an interesting phenomenon regardless.

Last edited:

yerrag

Thanks for sharing how you set up your rig.

I honestly have seen any other improvements or other sensations outside of the bath after doing it for around 2 weeks now. But it's an interesting phenomenon regardless.

I didn't know what to make of this statement. Did you mean 'have not seen' instead of 'have seen?'

I've been using a carbogen machine a lot lately to help restore acid base balance issues from a systemic bacterial infection. It works but does too little for me, so I'm getting a CO2 bath ready to do the job better. I want to start with a 1hr session just to kick the tires, and hope Ai can do an 8hr session overnight.

OP
S

scrubolio

Thanks for sharing how you set up your rig.

I didn't know what to make of this statement. Did you mean 'have not seen' instead of 'have seen?'

I've been using a carbogen machine a lot lately to help restore acid base balance issues from a systemic bacterial infection. It works but does too little for me, so I'm getting a CO2 bath ready to do the job better. I want to start with a 1hr session just to kick the tires, and hope Ai can do an 8hr session overnight.
Sorry I edited the original post: meant to say “have not seen”.

I’ve only done 30 min sessions. I think I can maybe get to an 1 hour session, But anything beyond that for the whole body seems out of reach for me right now. It’s gets hot in there and I assume you will need to be eating if you go longer.

yerrag

Sorry I edited the original post: meant to say “have not seen”.

I’ve only done 30 min sessions. I think I can maybe get to an 1 hour session, But anything beyond that for the whole body seems out of reach for me right now. It’s gets hot in there and I assume you will need to be eating if you go longer.
I have to be ready for the fast that it will get warm. I got supplied with a thin cloth vest to wear, as I'm advised to sprinkle my body with water from time to time as it helps the skin absorb the CO2.

The bath is built of neopRene rubber and there is a zipper that spans the torso. TheRe is a rubber seal that my head squeezes into and seals around my neck.

The zipper seals very well, bit the downside is it can become hard to move after time in storage. I think paraffin wax will help.

OP
S

scrubolio

I have to be ready for the fast that it will get warm. I got supplied with a thin cloth vest to wear, as I'm advised to sprinkle my body with water from time to time as it helps the skin absorb the CO2.

The bath is built of neopRene rubber and there is a zipper that spans the torso. TheRe is a rubber seal that my head squeezes into and seals around my neck.

The zipper seals very well, bit the downside is it can become hard to move after time in storage. I think paraffin wax will help.
In my experience you will sweat thoroughly enough for your skin to be wet.

Sounds like a sweet setup, will probably use a lot less co2 than my trash bags. Only thing I can think of that maybe a nuisance is washing it afterwards or at least air drying it out to get all the sweat out. Where’d you get the neoprene bath?

Perry Staltic

Keep pets and infants away. CO2 sinks so it conceivably could seep under doorways into other rooms. Maybe having a CO2 monitor would be a good idea.

Perry Staltic

I thought that maybe the heat feeling was a placebo affect, so I tried just getting into the bag without the CO2 for 5+ minutes and I did not have the same intense heat sensation. Note that once the cool CO2 stops flowing into the bag, I immediately feel the production of heat.

It might be a contrast thing caused by the cool gas initial flow. CO2 does absorb infrared, so that may have something to do with it.

TheSir

I honestly have not seen any other improvements or other sensations outside of the bath after doing it for around 2 weeks now. But it's an interesting phenomenon regardless.
Your chemoreceptors are rejecting your increased co2 saturation as a new setpoint due to such sudden radical rise in saturation being perceived as a threat/stressor. You'd also have to spend at least 30-60 minutes in the bag every day in order to improve your co2 setpoint. Interesting and fun experiment, but better results (actual observable benefits) would be gained by simply relaxing and breathing a little less.

Quelsatron

Your chemoreceptors are rejecting your increased co2 saturation as a new setpoint due to such sudden radical rise in saturation being perceived as a threat/stressor. You'd also have to spend at least 30-60 minutes in the bag every day in order to improve your co2 setpoint. Interesting and fun experiment, but better results (actual observable benefits) would be gained by simply relaxing and breathing a little less.
These are known to heal diabetic foot ulcers.

TheSir

These are known to heal diabetic foot ulcers.
Raising co2 will heal almost anything. A co2 bag is an external, local and temporary means of achieving the same conditions that would otherwise exist throughout your body at all times, were you of excellent health.

yerrag

In my experience you will sweat thoroughly enough for your skin to be wet.

Sounds like a sweet setup, will probably use a lot less co2 than my trash bags. Only thing I can think of that maybe a nuisance is washing it afterwards or at least air drying it out to get all the sweat out. Where’d you get the neoprene bath?
I bought it from Steve of Carbogenetics.com The site is still up, though I don't know it there are actual products being ahipped.

4 years ago, he was a member here and he offered a nice deal for both the carbogen unit and CO2 bath, and that he wasn't sure if he was going to make them anymore. So I bought them.

I never used them till recently, and I was thinking I may have spent $1500 for something I was never going to use.

But now, battling a systemic bacterial infection that is causing my immune system to produce a lot of acid to kill the bacteria, my tissues alkaline reserves are being exhausted and my mitochondrial respiration is unable to make enough CO2 to replenish them. My ecf is staying acidic. And this keeps my body from healing. My extremities are cramping, and I am always in a dry cough mode.

I did 4 hours of carbogen breathing yesterday and still the cramping is not totally relieved.

So, I have no choice but to use the CO2 bath. I just hope I can make the zippers easier to zip in and out.

If you're not seeing any benefit from using the bath, it could also mean that you're not in a very imbalanced state acid base wise. I think people who have cancer can definitely benefit, because of their very acidic state.

Last edited:

Quelsatron

Raising co2 will heal almost anything. A co2 bag is an external, local and temporary means of achieving the same conditions that would otherwise exist throughout your body at all times, were you of excellent health.
Well, is anyone in this forum in excellent health?

TheSir

Well, is anyone in this forum in excellent health?
What I am saying is that OP is pursuing an unnecessarily complicated and externalized way of trying (and failing) to achieve a small aspect of the holistic benefits that would be received if he simply put in the effort to condition his body better through breathwork.

Quelsatron

What I am saying is that OP is pursuing an unnecessarily complicated and externalized way of trying (and failing) to achieve a small aspect of the holistic benefits that would be received if he simply put in the effort to condition his body better through breathwork.
The question is if the flow direction of surface-core vs core-surface matters. Even a little wart with neglible circulation would be fully saturated with carbon dioxide in a pure CO2 environment, would the same apply to breathwork? And it's not really that difficult to do this stuff, it takes like 3 minutes to immerse yourself and most of the issue is in getting the right kind of bag, that is a overall-shaped one so you can actually use your arms.

TheSir

The question is if the flow direction of surface-core vs core-surface matters. Even a little wart with neglible circulation would be fully saturated with carbon dioxide in a pure CO2 environment, would the same apply to breathwork? And it's not really that difficult to do this stuff, it takes like 3 minutes to immerse yourself and most of the issue is in getting the right kind of bag, that is a overall-shaped one so you can actually use your arms.
Eventually, yes. Moles and warts alike would fall off, so to speak. Both of which, however, are quite insignificant problems in the big picture of health and insufficient co2 saturation.

yerrag

@scrubolio I spent 2 hours in the CO2 bath last night. It was a tight seal that it the machine was able to draw air off the bath to create a vacuum, upon which CO2 would be fed into the bath.

The gad is warm, and it stayed warm for the entire duration. I sweat a lot, even as I sprayed water onto my skin to enhance absorption of CO2.

The session ended with the machine ducking off the CO2 from the bath, and I unzipped the zippers to let me out.

The cramps and the aches I had developed during my ordeal of fighting bacterial infection, much to my dismay, did not go away.

I was hoping that the effect would sink during my sleep. Alas, I woke up with cramps. My acid-base balance did not change.

It was a big letdown.

yerrag

@yerrag any further updates sir?
Unfortunately, I haven't had any chance to use the CO2 bath I have lately. Since I haven't been hypothyroid for a long time, and my acid base balance being in a relative state of balance, which is indicative of not being deficient in CO2-bicarbonate-carbonic acid as a pH buffer, I don't think I would benefit much from CO2 bath therapy. So I'm focused more on the microbial aspect of health.

74one

Been wanting to play around with CO2 for awhile now and finally got the inspiration to go out and get everything needed. Here's what I did followed by my experience:

Warning: You can suffocate and die, please go slowly, make sure someone is around, and always empty the bag of CO2 after your bath, especially if you have kids. ***t happens.​

View attachment 29852

Supplies:​

1x Other person to help you
2x big trash bags
1x Roll of wide tape
1x CO2 gas regulator (low pressure, so that the gas isn't coming out at a high PSI)
1x 7-liter steel gas tank filled with FOOD GRADE CO2 (you can get a smaller tank)
1x 5-feet tube (longer or shorter as you see fit)
1x Small zip tie/cable tie
1x String/Ribbon - to tie the bag shut around your neck
1x Chair/stool
1x Scissors

General idea:​

***Probably best to eat something sweet before getting in.
***Probably best do this outside/patio/deck or in a well ventilated area.
***CO2 is heavier than air, so it sinks.
1. Tape 2 black trash bags together so that it's long enough for you to get into. Use a fan to blow air into the bag and grab the open end shut with your hand to ensure the bag can hold pressure to ensure its sealed. You will need to cut one end of the bag open with scissors.
2. (Optional): tape off some of the bag by folding a flap over long-ways so that you don't need to use as much gas. But make sure you can still get in and out of the bag comfortably.
3. Press your tube onto the barb nipple on the regulator and place the zip tie over the tube so that it is more secure on the barb nipple. (note, your regulator might not come with a hose barb fitting, but with a NPT or some other type of pipe fitting, so get what you need accordingly. a hose barb to a hose connection would be easiest and idea.)
4. Make sure the gas regulator is at its lowest setting.
5. Get into the black trash bags and feed the other end of the tube into the bag and sit down on a chair/stool.
6. Get someone else to tie the bag shut around your neck.
7. Have someone else Slowly turn the the CO2 tank valve open. If no gas comes through the line after you've turned it 1-2 full turns, the regulator knob might not be open enough. So slowly turn the regulator valve clockwise.
8. Once the gas starts flowing, wait for the bags to fill up.
9. When you can start to feel the gas or air escaping out through the neck area of the bag, once that starts, turn off the CO2 tank valve.

Cost:​

Your cost will vary, and I spent way more than I was expecting (prices in USD):
Gas regulator: $43
Empty 7-liter tank: $54
7-liter tank fillup: $25
Everything else I already had or were pretty cheap.

Notes:​

1. I found its better to SIT than LAY. The gas doesn't escape nearly as fast (or at all) so you get more of the benefits. I even tried laying on a pillow and blanket to lift my upper body up, but the "puffy" bag still deflated and I had have someone refill the bag.
2. The guy at the gas shop thought I wanted it for a Sodastream or similar type of setup and I just said yes something like that. A Sodastream machine doesn't need the gas regulator since it just runs off the bottle pressure (which can be a very high 860psi depending on the temperature), so you have to insist that you need one that outputs low pressure around 10-30psi should be ok? you may can go higher too.
3. I've used this tank for around 12-15 fillups so far and it seems to still be going strong.
4. At times when you release the gas into the bag, you can feel some ice crystals coming out of the pipe and the pipe/tank get cold. This should be due to the high pressurization of the CO2 and it's subsequent release.

Experience:​

I felt that my body heated up quickly and significantly. When I initially get into the bag, I feel warm, but once the CO2 in, it feels cool. Once the bag gets inflated with CO2 and the flow stops, that's when I get a huge heat sensation. I originally thought it felt like being in a sauna, but instead of being heated by hot air or steam, I felt like I was the heat source that was radiating heat. I sweat quite a bit and in my case I get itchy (maybe PUFA oxidizing in the heat?).

Did you buy gas tank with CO2 online and how will you refill it when needed?