CO2 And Heat Lamps Sauna

achillea

We live in a colder climate where sweating is not probable very often. But we have found a very unorthodox sauna methodology and we cannot figure out why it works so well.
One of us gets in a large clear plastic bag wearing long john like clothing. Then we seal up the bag from the head down, fill it with CO2 and lie under 2@250 watt heat lamps and 3 250 red lamps stationed between 18 inches and 2 feet from the body. It gets very hot so we have to make sure to be able to turn the lights on and off easily.
In short order sweat is pouring out to the extent that after 30 minutes the under clothes are soaked.
The question is, what is the physics difference in having the bag full of CO2 rather than O2.
Lying under the same apparatus with O2 makes you sweat a little but the difference in the two atmospheres is amazing.
Any ideas?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:?::arrow: !

tara

Here are my guesses:
- CO2 can enter the system through the skin, especially when it is wet.
- If there was a deficiency in CO2 that was restricting O2 delivery then supplying some transdermally could partially fill that need, allowing improved oxygen supply and therefore improved cellular energy and heat production.
- If the there was constriction in the blood vessels, then the CO2 could likely also be relaxing them and increasing blood flow and heat at the skin surface.
Maybe other mechanisms too.

OP
achillea

achillea

Thanks for the thoughts Tara. Are you saying that the CO2 is making the body work better and therefore feeling the heat more and cellullarly sweating? Can you clarify your ideas, they are very interesting.
Because of the carboniferous era, we were wondering if there was something about the concentration of CO2 that is somehow affecting the heat and the body. Is there something about the atmosphere that is affecting the tranferance of the heat and the reaction of the body?

tara

I have used CO2 in a bag for minor injuries to extremities a few times without supplemental heat/light since I read about Peat doing it. It results in local warmth and redness, sometimes sweating. It definitely increases circulation to the skin.
CO2 is required for O2 to be released from haemoglobin to tissues, so and for relaxation of blood vessels, so I expect both of those factors are involved.
Are you saying that the CO2 is making the body work better and therefore feeling the heat more and cellullarly sweating?
I was speculating that it's making the cells work better, therefore create more heat, and this can result in sweating.
Maybe there is also something about other aspects of fluid balance that I don't have a clear picture of. Did you hear that interview with Peat where he talks about the man with brain dysfunction who was in a tank with elevated CO2 and it fogged up scarily so they couldn't see him because he was sweating so much?

noordinary

@achillea could you please share what kind of large clear plastic bag are you using? And also which lamp? I’ve got red heat lamp 250w, but just red lamp you are reffering to, what are they? And you seal the bag at the neck?

x-ray peat

Just thinking out loud but I think one of the benefits of just using IR is that you get the cells to release toxins through sweat without heating up the body as much as in a regular sauna. I cant remember right now but there was something beneficial to that and still getting it to sweat. As for the CO2 sounds like Tara explained that pretty well.

OP
achillea

achillea

@achillea could you please share what kind of large clear plastic bag are you using? And also which lamp? I’ve got red heat lamp 250w, but just red lamp you are reffering to, what are they? And you seal the bag at the neck?

We are not combining the CO2 and the lamp any more . We are using 250w brooding lamps from a ranch store.

The bag has been a problem, first we used a single bed mattress cover but it seemed to wear out fast and we felt it was toxic. So lately we purchased some clear 4 foot wide mylar and folded it over and sealed it with some 3m duct tap on the edges. It works good. The problem is that mylar is very noisey so to get in the bag we have to put on some ear protectors. Cinch the neck with first putting a towel around the neck then gather the mylar and cinch with a Velcro sports band, then stuff in another scarf like thing under the Velcro to keep CO2 from escaping. This method definitely takes 2 people.
Still working on a simpler method for one person use. There is a silicon bag from Promolife designed for ozone which cost about $60 which has a zipper on the inside so you can do it by your self. We thought if you put the canister of CO2 in the bag with you then it would be a self contained unit.
Working on it on the convenient side of cheap.
Welcome any ideas

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals