CNN: The Mystery Of Why The Coronavirus Kills Some Young People

Covid-19: The mystery of why the coronavirus kills some young people - CNN

Younger people are far less likely to die, but there is an unusual pattern that seems to be emerging. As Dr. Anthony Fauci told me, it is what makes the coronavirus such an "unusual disease."

"I'm fascinated," he said, " ... by what I would call the pathogenesis."

"You know, you get so many people who do well and then some people who just, bingo, they're on a respirator, they're on ECMO (a cardio-pulmonary machine) and they're dead,"

alywest

What is mysterious about the fact that some young people are not very healthy?
I think the point of the article is that these random people are considered healthy. They expect older people with preexisting conditions to get gravely ill, but why a 30 year old with no previous health concerns?

managing

Sometimes a young person dies, and if he tests positive for covid19 in addition, the authorities use that for fear mongering.
But, really, how often does a young person die for a random, non-obvious reason to make it possible to attribute it to C19?

Gone Peating

But, really, how often does a young person die for a random, non-obvious reason to make it possible to attribute it to C19?

The CDC says that 2,000 people under 25 die of sudden heart failure every year. People die of brain aneurysms regardless of age every day.

Covid is not damaging enough to make a young, healthy person drop dead. Clearly these people died with covid but from something else