Cloudy Urine

cb4

Have had cloudy urine since starting to drink milk. I must be passing a lot of minerals? What gives? Are my kidneys shot? Diabetic?

OP
cb4

cb4

No, not really any foam just "milky" as opposed to clear.

HDD

Have had cloudy urine since starting to drink milk. I must be passing a lot of minerals? What gives? Are my kidneys shot? Diabetic?
Vitamin D - KMUD, 2016-11-18

Caller:
[Urine looks cloudy when in a glass jar.]

RP: If you have a fairly high protein intake, and your urine is on the acid side, on around pH 5, and you have a very high calcium intake, say from the equivalent of two liters of milk per day, that you'll have a lot of calcium appearing in the urine, and if the urine is acidic, it isn't likely to form stones, but when it stands, the pH can rise as the carbon dioxide evaporates. That can precipitate crystals. So other things being equal, it isn't necessarily harmful to have precipitation in the urine.

HD: Do you think that people that have clear urine (for want of a better word) are "healthy" compared to those that have less than see-trough, opaque type of urine?

RP: I think that clarity is largely from the amount of fluid you are drinking, and if the urine is acidic, I don't think that some cloudiness is going to hurt, but there can be bad causes of cloudiness, infection for example. And I think the yellow color of urine is considered to indicate cell turnover. So sometimes the morning urine will be yellow, and the afternoon urine clear because during the night with the high stress hormones a lot of cells are breaking down and the fragments of the nucleic acids turning over, I think can produce some of the yellow pigment.

I have the same cloudy urine. It usually shoes up if I drank any alcohol the day before or after certain meals. Have not figured out what it is.

OP
cb4

cb4

Thanks HDD.

I have previously had a very low calcium intake before drinking milk so this makes sense. Although it is disturbing that there could be so much calcium passing through me. I wonder how much of the calcium in the milk my body is actually retaining? I am not taking any vitamin K or D to enhance absorption. I am drinking raw goat milk which is not fortified.

HDD

Thanks HDD.

I have previously had a very low calcium intake before drinking milk so this makes sense. Although it is disturbing that there could be so much calcium passing through me. I wonder how much of the calcium in the milk my body is actually retaining? I am not taking any vitamin K or D to enhance absorption. I am drinking raw goat milk which is not fortified.

Is your protein and calcium intake high? If it is, I understand Peat to be saying that it is normal and not a problem if your urine ph is acid.

haidut

Forum Supporter

Are you taking any niacinamide? If you take higher dose in some people it causes cloudy urine due to the (I think) phosphate elimination.

OP
cb4

cb4

Yes!!! Have been taking 500 MGS niacinamide in the morning! Is that phosphate being eliminated from accumulation in tissue/blood or coming from the milk itself?

My protein intake has been much lower and no grains so I am getting most of my phosphate from milk now.

BTW...Been feeling great on the niacinamide. I can now eat/drink fruit without getting dizzy an hour later.

ljihkugft7

I
Yes!!! Have been taking 500 MGS niacinamide in the morning! Is that phosphate being eliminated from accumulation in tissue/blood or coming from the milk itself?

My protein intake has been much lower and no grains so I am getting most of my phosphate from milk now.

BTW...Been feeling great on the niacinamide. I can now eat/drink fruit without getting dizzy an hour later.
Same! I also notice cloudy urine after eating lots of niacinamide! (Also drinking loads of milk)

I also wonder if it’s the phosphate from the diet or tissues?

Recoen

The TLO group seems to think cloudy urine is from oxalate dumping. The phosphate connection is very interesting.

sunny

I drink a lot of milk. Often have opaque morning urine. Liquid intake is usually 12 oz coffee in morning, 48 oz of raw milk thru day, 12 oz water with 250mg niacinamide in it sipped thru day, 12 oz black tea.