Clothes

ludwig

Hi,

has the topic of clothing / detergents ever been discussed by Ray Peat ?

Knowing that we can absorb through the skin, harmless clothing should bé an important topic for a healthy life.

Thank you

J

j.

Peat advises against the use of clothes because it blocks red light from penetrating the skin.

pboy

just going out on a limb here...of course, naked is best. Next best is loose, non chemically laden clothing preferably made of and washed with only organic ingedients and dried in the open air. Next best is basically the least chemicals, the least harshness, the least bound, the least tight

LUH 3417

A 24-month study of male dogs wearing either loose-fitting polyester underpants or loose-fitting cotton ones showed that wearing polyester created significant decreases in sperm count and degeneration of the testes. The animals wearing cotton suffered no side effects. (And, please, no letters to the editor about dogs wearing underwear. I agree, it sounds silly.)

How about when we sleep. Those mattress i think have fire retardant. Is there a non-foam mattress?

When it comes to clothing i will be checking tags if its 100% cotton.

LUH 3417

How about when we sleep. Those mattress i think have fire retardant. Is there a non-foam mattress?

When it comes to clothing i will be checking tags if its 100% cotton.
I got an organic wool/cotton/latex futon that is very comfortable

I researched for a while and that seemed like the least toxic combo.

D Man

LUH 3417

Thanks Seraphim - the plastic part wouldnt worry me too much. If you start going that route of observation, I quickly start avoiding 99% of food products out there!!!

What do you make of the vegetable oil contact? would there be an PUFA concerns here?
Yea that was another concern with the liquid detergent. The avoidance of plastics is also more an environmental thing. I try to buy all fresh food.