Clonidine

Evelina

Does anyone have experience with clonidine for sleep? I'm already using phenibut, tryptophan and calming herbs and its not enough. I am tapering down amitriptyline which was helping me with sleep but causing bad side effects. I wish I could buy some clonidine from someone cuz its helped me before and my doc refuses to prescribe it for some reason...

heiler

I've used it and it really helps. You feel calm like a first dose of a benzo.
But, as it blocks adrenaline, it made me put on some weight.. and I'm already overweight.. I only stopped using because of that
It is sold here (brazil) without prescription, because it's primarily for high blood pressure

Velve921

An update on my experience of clonidine.

First off, I can realize how it's not for everybody. It's rather powerful at lowering stress... very powerful.

I've been doing 25mcg a day in the morning.

The number 1 thing I love about it is that it does a good job at keeping away unwanted thoughts. Especially during this time in the world.

ReSTART

Thanks @Velve921!

Clonidine seems to be one of the best stress-lowering medicines, along with cyproheptadine, I think clonidine may be safer though.

ReSTART

I'll tell you when I try it @Velve921

Turns out clonidine is anticholinergic too.

Even at therapeutic doses, clonidine has a number of anticholinergic side effects that include dry mouth, constipation, and sedation. However, at toxic doses, it can cause hemodynamic instability and depression.
One of the more disconcerting complications of clonidine is its anticholinergic-like activity. Many health professionals are not aware that this blood pressure drug might alter the way the body reacts to the neurochemical acetylcholine (hence its possible anticholinergic action). But when you see symptoms such as dry mouth, dry eyes, constipation, drowsiness, blurred vision, difficult urination and confusion, they are red flags that the drug could have substantial anticholinergic activity.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals