Clammy hands, feet, and cold soles of feet

Rolan

As the title states, my hands are pretty clammy which is something I've never had. The tops of my feet are sweating/clammy and the soles of the feet are quite cold. Hands are warm.

Does anyone have any info on this? Obviously over-active glands but why? Too much liquid? This has only been a feature for me since Peating.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I attribute that to adrenaline when it happens to me.

As metabolism improves and more T3 is being made/used, you become more sensitive to adrenaline. It takes a while for the body to down regulate the adrenaline response. Maybe this is what's happening?

OP
R

Rolan

I don't know to be honest - If it is adrenaline then it's probably not too beneficial to me? Not sure how long to stay with it, or whether to tweak my experiment a bit more. Perhaps less fluid? Or more salt with fluid.

Will think on it.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Sweaty hands and palms happened a lot to me in the beginning, especially when I went out in public.

OP
R

Rolan

This is from a similar thread

understand that the underlying issue is the slow metabolism...i've looked into matt stone's writings and he emphasizes minimizing liquids and increasing salt, however, the peat diet emphasizes high water foods like OJ, milk, and coffee which literally pulls water from the cells....anyone have any recommendations?

Something's not right here. Lying here watching a film with very sweaty hands and feet. The feet are really cold. Perhaps I just have to cut down on liquid or add salt - neither of which I really want to do.

chris

Cold extremities is a typical sign for problems with the thyroid. I would increase your salt and maybe replace some liquid with solid sources if possible but most likely the increase in salt alone will benefit you.

OP
R

Rolan

I'm actually inclined to believe it's too much liquid>salt ratio.

The hands are always warm, and feet are only cold at certain points. I love chugging on Milk/Coffee/OJ all day :D

ilovethesea

I agree, it's thyroid. I had this problem with my feet and it's much improved the more I increase my dosage.

tomisonbottom

ilovethesea said:
I agree, it's thyroid. I had this problem with my feet and it's much improved the more I increase my dosage.

How much do you increase it by to feel warm?