Cistanche

Momado965

Makes sense, if Genghis Kahn used Cistanche daily, I can't imagine how masculine he would've felt.

Rehmannia and Fo Ti seems viable. But I am too scared to go anywhere near Fo ti (Even prepared form) as I still think it's risky for the liver.

Great to hear RE: Rhodiola.

Haha yeah tell me about it! Lucky bastard he was. I didn't know fo ti is liver toxic, thanks for sharing that. How much rehmannia did you take? Also, did you use cistanche deserticola or tubulosa?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Haha yeah tell me about it! Lucky bastard he was. I didn't know fo ti is liver toxic, thanks for sharing that. How much rehmannia did you take? Also, did you use cistanche deserticola or tubulosa?

Yeah just keep an eye out for liver abnormalities if you decide to continue using He Shou Wu.

Prepared rehmannia I was using rather big dosages, usually in the afternoon/evenings. I was using a 10:1 extract from a local TCM store in Melbourne.

Cistanche Tubulosa.

I have PM'd you more specifics man!

griesburner

i ordered some cistanche tubulosa powder, too. sounds very good and the studys i found were all positive and seems very safe. i never found any herb that boosted my libido and i tried lot. i hope that it feels as androgenic as you say :)

OP
W

Wagner83

I'll probably try it too but if it doesn't work then Lokzo is expected to give me a refund.
Btw I tried cordyceps (albeit a few times) and didn't like it at all, do you guys just down the powder? I bought from realmushrooms which I think is good. It didn't feel positive at all, quite the opposite.

RobertJM

Maca is an expensive and exotic raw turnip powder.
Do the effects wear off over time or do the benefits continue as long as you use cistanche? How much do you take?

I just buy cistanche now and again. It's not something I take regularly. I should try chronic use, but at the moment I am experimenting with nettle root.

OP
W

Wagner83

I just buy cistanche now and again. It's not something I take regularly. I should try chronic use, but at the moment I am experimenting with nettle root.
Ok thanks.

You probably tried a crappy cordyceps. There's so many ***t cordyceps on the market. I've tried more than 5 different types and finally landed on the most potent one ever.

Did any member try this one? Bill Lagakos told me (generic advice) to buy them : Real Mushrooms: 100% Organic Mushroom Extract Powders
The guys sell 5 different kind of mushrooms and that's it. It's cordyceps militaris btw, I still heard a lot of good things about it.

griesburner

today my cistanche herb arrived. i ordered it in whole form and my first impression was that it looks like wood sticks but smelled good. so i decided to make a tea out of a few sticks and consumed 2 cups so far. maybe that was not enough but i must say i havent felt anything special :/ . i have ordered some powder extract from jing herbs ,too which arrives tomorrow i guess. maybe i will try that and see if it gives me any effect. how much did you guys take and in which form?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
today my cistanche herb arrived. i ordered it in whole form and my first impression was that it looks like wood sticks but smelled good. so i decided to make a tea out of a few sticks and consumed 2 cups so far. maybe that was not enough but i must say i havent felt anything special :/ . i have ordered some powder extract from jing herbs ,too which arrives tomorrow i guess. maybe i will try that and see if it gives me any effect. how much did you guys take and in which form?

Okay, I must warn you that you probably bought UNPREPARED Cistanche. Please attach a photo of what it looks like.

You will hardly feel anything from this.

The Jing Herbs Cistanche should be a lot stronger.

griesburner

Please attach a photo of what it looks like.

i hope the photo upload was successfull. yes it is whole herb and i made a tea but i thought a water extract would give all the benefits. but my jing herbs arrived today. Is this a trustful source regards pesticides and so on? i never bought something from them.

how do you take the powder?

Attachments

• 15338097299761538669891.jpg
    15338097299761538669891.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Momado965

You probably tried a crappy cordyceps. There's so many ***t cordyceps on the market. I've tried more than 5 different types and finally landed on the most potent one ever.

What brand did you use? Also arent you concered about beta glucan's anti androgenic effects?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
i hope the photo upload was successfull. yes it is whole herb and i made a tea but i thought a water extract would give all the benefits. but my jing herbs arrived today. Is this a trustful source regards pesticides and so on? i never bought something from them.

how do you take the powder?
Hah!

This was exactly how I imagined it.

That won't subjectively deliver results. The Jing herbs however, should be a lot stronger, although I think Cistanche Tubulosa trumps them all, in terms of its androgenic qualities.

Jing herbs btw is a VERY reliable company.

L

lollipop

Yeah just keep an eye out for liver abnormalities if you decide to continue using He Shou Wu.
Hi @Lokzo, interesting. Can you explain more about this?

PS...I second your recommendation about Jing Herbs.

@Wagner83 you can also look up Paul stammet’s mushroom formulations. They are very good. Just remember that you don’t want extracts made from freeze dried mushrooms. You need the prepared or cooked ones.

PandaPower

I am Chinese. Yes I confirmed there is a public alert against he shou wu because here newspaper often covers cases of liver damage, liver injuries, some of which cause death.

L

lollipop

I am Chinese. Yes I confirmed there is a public alert against he shou wu because here newspaper often covers cases of liver damage, liver injuries, some of which cause death.
WoW. What kind of damage? Permanent? I took it for a while. Now I wonder if it caused my liver problems.

griesburner

how do you ingest the jing herb cistanche powder? the taste is not so pleasant in contrast to the tea i made from the whole herb.

PandaPower

WoW. What kind of damage? Permanent? I took it for a while. Now I wonder if it caused my liver problems.
perhaps irreversible. I think a few doses of it won't cause permanent damage. But better quit it since it has full evidence of hepatoxicity

L

lollipop

perhaps irreversible. I think a few doses of it won't cause permanent damage. But better quit it since it has full evidence of hepatoxicity
I haven’t taken any for about 4 years, and seriously have worked on healing my liver which I thought my troubles came from low carb. Now I wonder...anyway, thank you @Upsky and @Lokzo for bringing this to my attention. I do think I fully repaired my liver for anyone else reading this. So, it is possible to repair damage...but as was mentioned, be careful!

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
how do you ingest the jing herb cistanche powder? the taste is not so pleasant in contrast to the tea i made from the whole herb.

With warm water. Part of TCM is to TASTE the herb, which is part of it's energetic properties. Sweet, Salty and warm.
Maybe add a little honey if you have to?

@lisaferraro

I am so glad I brought this to your attention. How scary is that. Were you taking a He Shou Wu prepared extract?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals