Cistanche more effective at decreasing lipid peroxidation and free radicals than Vitamin E and Caffeine

Mauritio

The super-herb cistanche strikes again . Not only does it increase testosterone, progesterone, dopamine and steroidogenic enzymes , it also seems to be able to powerfully protect against PUFA . To be precise it protects against lipid peroxidation and free radicals - better than Vitamin E and Caffeine.
So you can add PUFA protection to the list of cistanche's benefits .

"All of these compounds showed stronger free radical scavenging activities than alpha-tocopherol on 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl (DPPH) radical and xanthine/xanthine oxidase (XOD) generated superoxide anion radical (O2-.). Among the nine compounds, isoacteoside and tubuloside B, whose caffeoyl moiety is at 6'-position of the glucose, showed an inhibitory effect on XOD. We further studied the effects of these phenylethanoids on the lipid peroxidation in rat liver microsomes induced by enzymatic and non-enzymatic methods. As expected, each of them exhibited significant inhibition on both ascorbic acid/Fe2+ and ADP/NADPH/Fe3+ induced lipid peroxidation in rat liver microsomes, which were more potent than alpha-tocopherol of caffeic acid."

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Here are two active ingredients in cistanche...

Verbascoside
Echinacoside

Both have mild antibiotic effects, do you think it’s best to cycle cistanche or only use two or so times a week?
That's a question I haven't gotten an answer to so far .
Some say to use it full time , some say for 30 days once or twice a year . I also read 5 days on 2 days of.
I think its always good to give your body a break and not let tolerance set in .

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

What do you think is the best supplier for cistanche @Mauritio?
I've tried only this one , just because it was the cheapest one I could find . Even that one has effect on only 1,2g /day.

I've ordered the rawfoodforest brand ,which I will try next .

I think the one @Lokzo recommends is also legit .

Angel45

This herb increases secretions of hormones, does that mean it will also increase estrogen?

Ismail

The super-herb cistanche strikes again . Not only does it increase testosterone, progesterone, dopamine and steroidogenic enzymes , it also seems to be able to powerfully protect against PUFA . To be precise it protects against lipid peroxidation and free radicals - better than Vitamin E and Caffeine.
So you can add PUFA protection to the list of cistanche's benefits .

"All of these compounds showed stronger free radical scavenging activities than alpha-tocopherol on 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl (DPPH) radical and xanthine/xanthine oxidase (XOD) generated superoxide anion radical (O2-.). Among the nine compounds, isoacteoside and tubuloside B, whose caffeoyl moiety is at 6'-position of the glucose, showed an inhibitory effect on XOD. We further studied the effects of these phenylethanoids on the lipid peroxidation in rat liver microsomes induced by enzymatic and non-enzymatic methods. As expected, each of them exhibited significant inhibition on both ascorbic acid/Fe2+ and ADP/NADPH/Fe3+ induced lipid peroxidation in rat liver microsomes, which were more potent than alpha-tocopherol of caffeic acid."

WOW!

I've started to use this herb for the last week and a half, every other day (2g) and I'm shocked at how clear it has made my skin, even when I've been a little "naughty" with my diet! Also makes me feel more motivated to get things done.

What benefits have you experienced with this herb @Mauritio ?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
WOW!

I've started to use this herb for the last week and a half, every other day (2g) and I'm shocked at how clear it has made my skin, even when I've been a little "naughty" with my diet! Also makes me feel more motivated to get things done.

These are the classic anti-inflammatory symptoms, great to hear.

Cistanche is one of my favourite herbs.

Hopefully you saw my video on it?!

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

WOW!

Better erections , lasting longer . More muscles and generally more androgenic feeling .
But I'm currently not using it because I'm trying something else .

Which supplier did you buy from ?

Ismail

These are the classic anti-inflammatory symptoms, great to hear.

Cistanche is one of my favourite herbs.

Hopefully you saw my video on it?!

I actually learnt about this herb from your video - I haven’t heard of it before ? lol!

Ismail

Better erections , lasting longer . More muscles and generally more androgenic feeling .
But I'm currently not using it because I'm trying something else .

Which supplier did you buy from ?
I got the Jing Herbs version - I got it from a site in the UK. But the jing herbs version is Cistanches salsa stem extract and not cistanche tubulosa - I wonder if there’s much difference in there effects etc.?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I got the Jing Herbs version - I got it from a site in the UK. But the jing herbs version is Cistanches salsa stem extract and not cistanche tubulosa - I wonder if there’s much difference in there effects etc.?
They all have beneficial studies on their side , so i wouldn't be too worried ,but to be safe I would go with tubulosa, it seems the best .

"Our findings demonstrate that the two origins of Cistanches Herba possess different chemical compositions and genetic variation. This is the first reported evaluation of two origins of Cistanches Herba, and the finding will facilitate quality control and its clinical application."

Ismail

They all have beneficial studies on their side , so i wouldn't be too worried ,but to be safe I would go with tubulosa, it seems the best .

"Our findings demonstrate that the two origins of Cistanches Herba possess different chemical compositions and genetic variation. This is the first reported evaluation of two origins of Cistanches Herba, and the finding will facilitate quality control and its clinical application."

Oh ok, thanks buddy.

Where did you get your tubulosa version from?

Are you also based in UK/Europe?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Oh ok, thanks buddy.

Where did you get your tubulosa version from?

Are you also based in UK/Europe?
Yes also based in europe . I ordered from rawfoodforest, but it took like 4 weeks to arrive...

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Johhnyb

I didn’t realise echinocoside was a component. I believe this compound works by inhibiting the androgen receptor specific to the hypothalamus. Obviously it then ‘thinks’ there isn’t enough androgens and upgregulates GnRH. I can’t remember where I read it now, though? Maybe someone could dig for a reference?

Ismail

Damn shouldn't have made all those cistanche threads ?
LOL!

I really wanna try that one just to see what differences I feel/experience from the tubulosa version.

I might try to get the one you posted from ebay, just a little dubious as to it's quality etc.

cjm

Just bought some on Amazon because of this thread. Arrived in 2 days.

Seems to be working as advertised.

The "lipid peroxidation" part of the title caught my eye -- Vitamin E's been a friend of mine when I'm in a bind, it acts like a big soft, heavy cushion that suffocates my mania, if you will. I would normally get nervous writing a post like this, sharing things about myself, but that surge of anxiety is muted. I've noticed an inverse correlation between my mania and antioxidant intake starting with transdermal Vitamin E, and then transdermal Vitamin C, and now cistanche (oral) feels like it's synergizing.

I got a 5:1 extract. I filled a 000 capsule loosely (let's say 500mg roughly) and took that about 90 minutes ago.

Couple data points that give me confidence this is not a placebo: my girlfriend antagonized me ruthlessly this morning and I didn't feel any resentment or rage which I've been prone to when she's like this; and I've already smoked a lot of pot today, which is what I do when I'm anxious about talking to people (I am a nurse recruiter), but the surge of mania that usually accompanies the high is gone and it's a calm, pleasurable stone.

Cautiously optimistic but I like how I'm feeling! Roughly equivalent to how I feel on a high dose of E. I'm in the early stages of experimenting with transdermal C (I made a 10% solution with Lotioncrafters water-in-silicone serum -- have you seen how much Vitamin C serums go for?!) but it was surprisingly powerful. Remains to be seen how it stacks up against these other two after further dabbling.

Back
Top Bottom