Cistanche more effective at decreasing lipid peroxidation and free radicals than Vitamin E and Caffeine

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

sladerunner69

Just bought some on Amazon because of this thread. Arrived in 2 days.

Seems to be working as advertised.

The "lipid peroxidation" part of the title caught my eye -- Vitamin E's been a friend of mine when I'm in a bind, it acts like a big soft, heavy cushion that suffocates my mania, if you will. I would normally get nervous writing a post like this, sharing things about myself, but that surge of anxiety is muted. I've noticed an inverse correlation between my mania and antioxidant intake starting with transdermal Vitamin E, and then transdermal Vitamin C, and now cistanche (oral) feels like it's synergizing.

I got a 5:1 extract. I filled a 000 capsule loosely (let's say 500mg roughly) and took that about 90 minutes ago.

Couple data points that give me confidence this is not a placebo: my girlfriend antagonized me ruthlessly this morning and I didn't feel any resentment or rage which I've been prone to when she's like this; and I've already smoked a lot of pot today, which is what I do when I'm anxious about talking to people (I am a nurse recruiter), but the surge of mania that usually accompanies the high is gone and it's a calm, pleasurable stone.

Cautiously optimistic but I like how I'm feeling! Roughly equivalent to how I feel on a high dose of E. I'm in the early stages of experimenting with transdermal C (I made a 10% solution with Lotioncrafters water-in-silicone serum -- have you seen how much Vitamin C serums go for?!) but it was surprisingly powerful. Remains to be seen how it stacks up against these other two after further dabbling.

My thoughts are that your mania stems from high estrogen. When I consume things that are high in estrogen I feel manic, anxious, jittery. Vitamin E is a fairly potent aromatase inhibitor (in fact it can lower estrogen too much as well). Smoking pot is probably not the ideal method for treating anxiety especially because it is strongly estrogenic.

jaype

I've been using it for about 2 weeks. Feel really good on it so far and can confirm one of the comments posted here that it's made my skin look great too. Also feel really good mentally and physically at the gym. I'll finish it in 2 to 3 weeks and see how I continue to feel.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

How much are you taking ?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

about 1.5 grams a day
Okay cool .have you ever tried upping the dose? I also got results from a low dose but animal studies show best results from 2,5 to 5g.

cjm

Took a teaspoon of my 5:1 extract in warm water this morning.

Few observations:

*Contractile ability is up: my weary abdominals and hips are becoming less recalcitrant, they are open to some stimulation via static contraction, I have been holding poses in my chair this morning and feeling the confidence of energy streams between pelvis and neck, opening some good heart/solar plexus feelings, though I did have a nice cry last night and this morning as I contracted down hard on tension in my head and neck.
*Strong calming effect: fits of mania aren't as strong or long, I suspect this is related to the body awareness
*Tastes like mushrooms: not bad at all, won't need to cap these to get it down.

Will add another teaspoon this afternoon.

jaype

Okay cool .have you ever tried upping the dose? I also got results from a low dose but animal studies show best results from 2,5 to 5g.
Interesting, No I haven't but I'll try that and see how it goes.

cjm

This is neither here nor there but I wanted to share: I made a water-in-silicone cream with about 3% concentration Cistanche. It fully dissolved in water and fully dissolved in the serum. I also added 10% vitamin C, which had produced relaxing effects on its own. No stains on skin from the brown hue.

cistanche c cream.jpg

GenericName86

Is there much of a difference between cistanche Deserticola and the tubulosa kind? I've been looking at some studies and some use desertcola rather then tubulosa

cjm

cjm

Haha! Yes please do keep us updated, thank you ?

I'm settling into a teaspoon a morning routine. Still enjoying the fire-dousing relief. Very subtle. I'm doing a little GABA experiment (topical) alongside this one to see if there are additive effects. I continue to use Vitamin C topically daily. Vitamin E once a week. I need to drop the oral supplements altogether, at least the synthetic ones. Just a few days of B1 and inosine left me weary like I was feeling before. I was about to give up on cistanche when I remembered why I started taking B1 and inosine again, because cistanche rejuvenated my gut to some extent.

Ismail

I'm settling into a teaspoon a morning routine. Still enjoying the fire-dousing relief. Very subtle. I'm doing a little GABA experiment (topical) alongside this one to see if there are additive effects. I continue to use Vitamin C topically daily. Vitamin E once a week. I need to drop the oral supplements altogether, at least the synthetic ones. Just a few days of B1 and inosine left me weary like I was feeling before. I was about to give up on cistanche when I remembered why I started taking B1 and inosine again, because cistanche rejuvenated my gut to some extent.
Thanks buddy, very beneficial. It’s amazing how a slight tweak and clear self observations can make such a difference.

cjm

Wanted to mention my observation that Vitamin E succinate is a supreme antioxidant compared to cistanche, in all its glory. A 1/2 tsp knocked me out last night. It's much more potent than the mixed tocopherols from Lotioncrafters. It's been a minute since I've tried Tocovit to compare. I dilute mine in MCT oil. My nerves feel more alive today. I've got some knots around my cervical spine on the heart side that are barking, I actually woke up early in pain and couldn't find a comfortable enough position to fall back asleep. I find this super productive for grounding. I think Reich originally said that some people are literally hung up, that is, they have stressful holding patterns (armor) in their shoulders and neck that must be released for good feelings to flow through the body. Cistanche started helping with this but the succinate E is everything E is supposed to be.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom