Cistanche increases steroidogenic enzymes, lowers NO, helps osteoporosis and Alzheimer's

Seems to be helping my hair yet increasing brain fog and anxiety right now, I feel like my PFS is coming back. Different reaction to before when it was making me angry, causing my hair to fall out and so on...

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I am not affiliated with ND in any way.

ND's product is 12 times more potent than that used in the study.
OK good to know. How do you know that? And which study are we talking about ?
Seems to be helping my hair yet increasing brain fog and anxiety right now, I feel like my PFS is coming back. Different reaction to before when it was making me angry, causing my hair to fall out and so on...
It might decrease allopregnanolone. So taking it with 5adhp or other things that increase allopregnanolone might help.

Ras

OK good to know. How do you know that? And which study are we talking about ?
You wrote that animal studies used grams; I was talking about them. The linked comments from the ND subreddit touch on the same.

Ismail

Have you gotten around to try the TCM one by now?

Hey bud, apologies for the delayed response, been a little overwhelmed with my court cases.

Yes I've finally gotten round to using the tubulosa (the one I got from the TCM doctor), been using it for just under 10 days (3g every other day).

The taste is slightly different to that of the Jing herbs version, and the visual consistency is very different too (please see attached pictures). Jing herbs version is smooth and like a light brown colour, where as the TCM is like very small black-is granules (a bit like poppy seeds).

In terms of how I feel on the TCM (tubulosa) version, I'm still noticing the same beneficial skin effects as I did with the Jing version, as well as not breaking out anywhere (i.e. acne). The only slight difference I have noticed is that my libido has gone up ever so slightly since using the tubulosa version.

To be fair, I'm not sure how pure the TCM one is, even thought the doctor assured me it's very good quality "blah blah" etc.

I would like to try the 'Lost Empire Herbs' to see if there is any difference to that of the TCM version I'm using at the moment - have you or anyone else here used the lost empire herbs one? If so, how has it been for you? Is the consistency and colour the same as the Jing version (even though they are forms of cistanche)?

Attachments

• IMG_4470.PNG
    IMG_4470.PNG
    383.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4471.PNG
    IMG_4471.PNG
    352.1 KB · Views: 19

GenericName86

I would like to try the 'Lost Empire Herbs' to see if there is any difference to that of the TCM version I'm using at the moment - have you or anyone else here used the lost empire herbs one? If so, how has it been for you? Is the consistency and colour the same as the Jing version (even though they are forms of cistanche)?

Lost empire was the brand I used for tubulosa, i felt like it's a pretty good product, noticed it's effects quite quickly.

Looking at the Jing herbs picture you posted, my batch from lost empire was much darker in colour.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Hey bud, apologies for the delayed response, been a little overwhelmed with my court cases.

Yes I've finally gotten round to using the tubulosa (the one I got from the TCM doctor), been using it for just under 10 days (3g every other day).

The taste is slightly different to that of the Jing herbs version, and the visual consistency is very different too (please see attached pictures). Jing herbs version is smooth and like a light brown colour, where as the TCM is like very small black-is granules (a bit like poppy seeds).

In terms of how I feel on the TCM (tubulosa) version, I'm still noticing the same beneficial skin effects as I did with the Jing version, as well as not breaking out anywhere (i.e. acne). The only slight difference I have noticed is that my libido has gone up ever so slightly since using the tubulosa version.

To be fair, I'm not sure how pure the TCM one is, even thought the doctor assured me it's very good quality "blah blah" etc.

Thanks for sharing mate !
Mine definitely looks a lot more like jing herbs version (raw forest foods)

GenericName86

Upon having a better look at my batch (haven't used it in a few weeks) It's certainly a dark brown but not as dark as the TCM version pic.

I should start using it again, my idea was to cycle it and I think it's time to use it again, especially after I was looking at your uncoupling thread @Mauritio and i remembered I saw a study showing cistanche extract showed evidence of uncoupled respiration

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Upon having a better look at my batch (haven't used it in a few weeks) It's certainly a dark brown but not as dark as the TCM version pic.

I should start using it again, my idea was to cycle it and I think it's time to use it again, especially after I was looking at your uncoupling thread @Mauritio and i remembered I saw a study showing cistanche extract showed evidence of uncoupled respiration
Can you link that study ? I'd be interested to see which dosage is required.

GenericName86

Ismail

Thanks for sharing mate !
Mine definitely looks a lot more like jing herbs version (raw forest foods)
You’re very welcome as always bud ? ?

Oh ok, thanks for sharing.

I wonder if it’s to do with the type of cistanche and/or the actual extraction method etc ??‍♂️?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

The net effect might still be pro DHT as it increases 5a-reductase 2 ,12 fold , so it might actually help with PFS.
Anyway I asked peat about his opinion on cistanche, and in particular the 5
a-reductase thing .
What did Peat say about Cistanche?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Cistanche improves constipation and helps gut wall/ cells .

miquelangeles

Cistanche improves constipation and helps gut wall/ cells .
I tried Cistanche for about 3 weeks and I kinda liked it.
But I think it messes with your immune system.
After the first week I developed something like a large cold sore on my lip which resolved within 2 or 3 days after stopping Cistanche, without leaving any sign.
I then resumed Cistanche and after another week I developed a nasty and painful ear infection which destroyed my sleep for a whole week and required antibiotics.
Makes me think it was not a coincidence. Cistanche polysaccharides have actually been proposed as adjuvants in vaccines.
I used the extract powder from Na'vi Organics, which is considered a reputable brand.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

"...increased glycogen content (40.8% in liver and 52.6% in muscle, 200 mg/kg) and the activities of carbohydrate metabolizing enzymes; regulated lipid profile changes and the activities of antioxidant enzymes; diminished serum markers of oxidative stress and inflammation in a dose-dependent manner (p < 0.05)."

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I tried Cistanche for about 3 weeks and I kinda liked it.
But I think it messes with your immune system.
After the first week I developed something like a large cold sore on my lip which resolved within 2 or 3 days after stopping Cistanche, without leaving any sign.
I then resumed Cistanche and after another week I developed a nasty and painful ear infection which destroyed my sleep for a whole week and required antibiotics.
Makes me think it was not a coincidence. Cistanche polysaccharides have actually been proposed as adjuvants in vaccines.
I used the extract powder from Na'vi Organics, which is considered a reputable brand.
Interesting, I have often experienced some form of detox reaction from cistanche, but I always thought it was due its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal effects. For example more dark circles the next day after taking it .
On the other hand I wonder why nobody else reported such effects, at least I havent read it and I think there's quite a few people that tried cistanche on this forum.
It could also be that helps your body fight an already existing infection ...

And I think the addition of cistanche to vaccines will likely make it safer, since cistanche known to be anti-inflammatory.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Cistanche reduces HIF :

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals