Cistanche - Can I Chew/Suck On Small Piece Or Better To Make Tea ?

DMF

Finally have the real thing - but info on best ways to ingest are vague.
I suck on small pieces of ginseng like hard candy, but might that be dangerous with Cistanche?

OP
D

DMF

What brand you get?
No "brand" here - the real in the raw, looks just like the pictures. Brown, blackish tarry look. Chewed a little, a bit bland., smokey, slightly sweet yet alittle salty as well.
But I'm looking to how others "do it"

theloge

No "brand" here - the real in the raw, looks just like the pictures. Brown, blackish tarry look. Chewed a little, a bit bland., smokey, slightly sweet yet alittle salty as well.
But I'm looking to how others "do it"
where did you find it? I've never seen it growing or for sale in it's whole form

OP
D

DMF

where did you find it? I've never seen it growing or for sale in it's whole form
Here in Chicago - on Argyle street at Vin Hoa. It's on the Web - look it up. Only $5 per/bag.
'Just wish someone somewhere could clue me in on the best way to prepare it - ingest it.

Wolf

Here in Chicago - on Argyle street at Vin Hoa. It's on the Web - look it up. Only $5 per/bag.
'Just wish someone somewhere could clue me in on the best way to prepare it - ingest it.
I would usually just chew it and that worked fine for me. 5/bag seems cheap, is it more like 5/oz?

OP
D

DMF

I would usually just chew it and that worked fine for me. 5/bag seems cheap, is it more like 5/oz?
Yes - $5 did strike me as cheap for such a "rare" herb. That's what she charges me for small bags of Korean Ginseng, and perhaps she mixed up the two prices.
Anyhow, so, you say it's O.K. to chew on small pieces. Can you tell me what effect you get ?