Cilantro Works! Finally Reduced My Ferritin, Serum Iron And Transferrin Saturation!

Lucas

Finally I found something that reduces iron. My ferritin was 231 in the end of august, and now is 169 ng/ml!!

Serum iron was 110 ug/dl, and now is 60 ug/dl!! It is close to deficiency, since the reference range is 59 – 159 ug/dl.

Transferrin Saturation was 40%, and now is 20,7 % !! Whooo!!

What I did? Simple. 1 teaspoon of powdered Cilantro on breakfast, and 1 tablespoon at lunch and dinner, this added to the food, since I like the taste of it.

Now I will keep doing it until I reach a ferritin of 50 ng/ml. My only concern is the lower serum iron, don’t know what this mean.

So, this is my testimonial, I hope this is informative for people that have high iron to try Cilantro.

papaya

Finally I found something that reduces iron. My ferritin was 231 in the end of august, and now is 169 ng/ml!!

Serum iron was 110 ug/dl, and now is 60 ug/dl!! It is close to deficiency, since the reference range is 59 – 159 ug/dl.

Transferrin Saturation was 40%, and now is 20,7 % !! Whooo!!

What I did? Simple. 1 teaspoon of powdered Cilantro on breakfast, and 1 tablespoon at lunch and dinner, this added to the food, since I like the taste of it.

Now I will keep doing it until I reach a ferritin of 50 ng/ml. My only concern is the lower serum iron, don’t know what this mean.

So, this is my testimonial, I hope this is informative for people that have high iron to try Cilantro.
it's also great for getting rid of mercury. where did u get the powder?

mujuro

Andy Cutler advises against cilantro as the sulfur compounds only possess a single sulfhydryl group. He said they bind weaker and tend to redistribute metals rather than chelating them like DMSA would. DMSA has two sulfhydryl groups flanking a carbon chain which in the presence of mercury, rotate about their axes and form a mercuric-DMSA complex that is very hard to undo.

NathanK

Woo hoo !!

Congrats. I've started eating Chipotle multiple times a week after I leave the gym. I always ask for extra fresh chopped cilantro

OP
L

Lucas

so what benefits you notice from the reduction, and how long did you take cilantro?
No benefits still. Maybe the benefits will come with even more lower ferritin levels. I starting taking it in October.

Amazoniac

The powered seeds.
I'm glad it worked. The reports on the forum are from the leaves.
Unrelated but have you noticed the amount of metal that people get when they sharpen their knives and don't clean the blades before using them? And some people do it for almost every cut.

Anyway, keep us updated!

Last edited:

Mountain

Unrelated but have you noticed the amount of metal that people get when they sharpen their knives and don't clean the blades before using them? And some people do it for almost every cut.

That's why I only cut my food with freshly knapped obsidian.

Fractality

Andy Cutler advises against cilantro as the sulfur compounds only possess a single sulfhydryl group. He said they bind weaker and tend to redistribute metals rather than chelating them like DMSA would. DMSA has two sulfhydryl groups flanking a carbon chain which in the presence of mercury, rotate about their axes and form a mercuric-DMSA complex that is very hard to undo.

Do you have any personal experience with chelation protocols? Did you test your urine before chelating? I see some websites online about DMSA but not quite sure whom to believe about all this stuff. Thanks in advance.

dbh25

Do you have any personal experience with chelation protocols? Did you test your urine before chelating? I see some websites online about DMSA but not quite sure whom to believe about all this stuff. Thanks in advance.
I was injected with DMPS at the doctor, and took some Chelex capsules to submit a 24 hours urine test for heavy metals. I'm curious the accuracy of such tests, I haven't had a follow up at the doctor's office yet. Lead was super high though.

mujuro

I have tried (combined) both Andy Cutler's DMSA/ALA and Dr. Chris Shade's silica powder (some proprietary di-thiol compound which stinks of garlic) which binds metals that are excreted in the bile, preventing them from being reabsorbed into enterohepatic circulation. My brief experiment with charcoal informed me just how good you feel when the burden on your gut (and thus liver) is alleviated. I didn't test my urine because according to Dr. Shade inorganic mercury and organic mercury vary in their concentration depending on tissue type, and most regular pathologies don't possess the appropriate assays that are sensitive enough to determine this. Even if it came up negative, I wouldn't believe it. In his practice he measures the ratio of urine, blood and hair mercury to determine your source of poisoning and which form mercury you are most burdened with. Andy Cutler's protocol involves consecutive rounds of chelation (3 days on 4 days off = 1 round) anywhere from 3 months to 4 years. Cutler has said that no other metal is better at disrupting mineral utilization and metabolism in humans than mercury.

Last edited:

Fractality

I was injected with DMPS at the doctor, and took some Chelex capsules to submit a 24 hours urine test for heavy metals. I'm curious the accuracy of such tests, I haven't had a follow up at the doctor's office yet. Lead was super high though.

I have tried (combined) both Andy Cutler's DMSA/ALA and Dr. Chris Shade's silica powder (some proprietary di-thiol compound which stinks of garlic) which binds metals that are excreted in the bile, preventing them from being reabsorbed into enterohepatic circulation. My brief experiment with charcoal informed me just how good you feel when the burden on your gut (and thus liver) is alleviated. I didn't test my urine because according to Dr. Shade inorganic mercury and organic mercury vary in their concentration depending on tissue type, and most regular pathologies don't possess the appropriate assays that are sensitive enough to determine this. Even if it came up negative, I wouldn't believe it. In his practice he measures the ratio of urine, blood and hair mercury to determine your source of poisoning and which form mercury you are most burdened with. Andy Cutler's protocol involves consecutive rounds of chelation (3 days on 4 days off = 1 round) anywhere from 3 months to 4 years. Cutler has said that no other metal is better at disrupting mineral utilization and metabolism in humans than mercury.

I appreciate the replies. I will do more research. Did you have toxicity symptoms that prompted you to run the protocols? What do you believe caused your heavy metal overload? I still have a couple of small amalgam fillings. I am presuming it is still helpful to chelate even though they are there.

mujuro

Actually it is a big no no to begin chelating while the source of poison is still present. I didn't have any clear signs of toxicity but since I ate a lot of tuna at the time I felt like it was reasonable to try to remove some of the burden.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals