Chronically Swollen/hard Lymph Nodes Since 5 Years Now

Parsifal

Hi guys, everything is in the title.

I have chronically swollen and hard lymph nodes since 5 years now (it started with my other health issues), it happened and I'm starting to believe that it might be calcifications of the soft tissues because nothing helped. No vitamin K or D seems to help. This is not a cancer because my blood test and scanners were normal.

Do you please have advices to remove calcifications from the body? Will the RP diet do it in time?

Thanks ;).

Giraffe

I am no expert on this, but searched this topic a while ago. The only answer I found was massage.

Contraindications: cancer, acute infection

In Eastern medicines hard nodes (not only lymph nodes) are seen as congestions and the source of illnesses. Eastern medicines value massage very high.

In Western medicine the first to massage lymph nodes was Emil Vodder, the father of of "lymphology". As far as I know he first massaged the area around the lymph node before he worked on the lymph node itself.

Emil Vodder - His Life and His Life Work

OP
Parsifal

Parsifal

Giraffe said:
post 98741 I am no expert on this, but searched this topic a while ago. The only answer I found was massage.

Contraindications: cancer, acute infection

In Eastern medicines hard nodes (not only lymph nodes) are seen as congestions and the source of illnesses. Eastern medicines value massage very high.

In Western medicine the first to massage lymph nodes was Emil Vodder, the father of of "lymphology". As far as I know he first massaged the area around the lymph node before he worked on the lymph node itself.

Emil Vodder - His Life and His Life Work

That's interesting, usually I'm told to not touch it because it will make it worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Giraffe

Parsifal said:
post 98756 That's interesting, usually I'm told to not touch it because it will make it worse.
Vodder thought that lymph nodes can not work properly when they are swollen and hard, but leading opinion in his time was to leave the lymph nodes alone.

natedawggh

Parsifal said:
post 98737 Hi guys, everything is in the title.

I have chronically swollen and hard lymph nodes since 5 years now (it started with my other health issues), it happened and I'm starting to believe that it might be calcifications of the soft tissues because nothing helped. No vitamin K or D seems to help. This is not a cancer because my blood test and scanners were normal.

Do you please have advices to remove calcifications from the body? Will the RP diet do it in time?

Thanks ;).

What other symptoms do you present with? Fatigue? Insomnia? Weight gain/loss? Appetite?

I had swollen lymph system for three years, with every doctor I went to telling me I was fine (I was not). I finally found a doctor who would image my thyroid. When they did I had 3 tumors on it. I took thyroid meds instead of having them operated on and since starting thyroid and changing my diet to a Peat centric one my lymph system totally deflated and is back to normal.

I had many other symptoms presenting along with swolen lymph nodes. Weight gain, insomnia. I began to lose hair, etc.

OP
Parsifal

Parsifal

natedawggh said:
What other symptoms do you present with? Fatigue? Insomnia? Weight gain/loss? Appetite?

I had swollen lymph system for three years, with every doctor I went to telling me I was fine (I was not). I finally found a doctor who would image my thyroid. When they did I had 3 tumors on it. I took thyroid meds instead of having them operated on and since starting thyroid and changing my diet to a Peat centric one my lymph system totally deflated and is back to normal.

I had many other symptoms presenting along with swolen lymph nodes. Weight gain, insomnia. I began to lose hair, etc.

I had a scanner of my thyroid when the lymph nodes started to swell and it appeared normal. In fact it is not close to the thyroid.

I believe that it is a calcification of the soft tissue and I wonder if there is a method to remove calcifications that is not violent/invasive?

tara

No guarantees, but maybe there could be ways to help against calcification. My guesses would be:
- all the general anti-stress pro-metabolic measures so you are producing enough cellular energy
- attending to fat soluble vitamins esp. vit K, and calcium and magnesium and sunshine?

Here're a couple of Peat's articles on calcification, if you haven't already read them:
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/calcium.shtml
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/osteoporosis.shtml

Maybe look up Haidut's posts too?
This is on arterial calcification and vit-K, but may have some similarities.
www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6690

About vit-D and other fat solubles:
www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=5809

LUH 3417

I've had this problem since the age of 8. It's only on the node to the right of my thyroid, not the left. A doctor told me it was a node and not a nodule and that it most likely had calcified. It is permanently swollen. Some times the swelling is exacerbated and I can see it by just looking at my neck in the mirror and other times it goes down so that I only know it's swollen if I palpate it. Has anyone had any success with k2 or other means?

ddjd

Nathan, was the swollen lymph system connected to your use of Lipoic Acid out of interest? ive been using R-lipoic acid for a few days now and stopped because im getting dull pain from what i think are lymph nodes around my groin area. i think theyre called inguinal lymph nodes.

the only thing that seems to help is aspirin but pain still wont go away completely

A.R

Nathan, was the swollen lymph system connected to your use of Lipoic Acid out of interest? ive been using R-lipoic acid for a few days now and stopped because im getting dull pain from what i think are lymph nodes around my groin area. i think theyre called inguinal lymph nodes.

the only thing that seems to help is aspirin but pain still wont go away completely
@ddjd has this lymph nodes issue been resolved?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals