Chronic Vestibular Migraine

Soren

Forum Supporter
Friend of mine has recently been diagnosed with Chronic Vestibular Migraine and I am trying to come up with solutions as to what may be the cause and how best to treat.

She is very young only 21 I think it is so rare in people her age that doctors want to study her.

The symptoms are vertigo, dizziness, nausea feeling disorientated and confused lasts for hours and is very debilitating.

My theory is that it is down to high serotonin caused by endotoxin, nitric oxide, and mineral deficiencies. She has digestive issues and tries to eat what she thinks is "healthy" not a full vegan or anything but often is eating the supposedly "healthy" vegan options etc. Can't eat dairy without the accompanying problems that often follow for people who seem to not be able to tolerate it. She also has problems with often feeling very cold lack of blood flow to her hands to the point of which they lose colour which points towards a thyroid issue. I would imagine that she will be reluctant to take any drug that is not prescribed by a doctor so I am going to try to start off with the more "supplement" orientated stuff.

My initial recommendations are going to be the following;

Raw Carrot Salad daily and perhaps a few servings of charcoal a week.
Collagen protein to help increase protein intake and heal gut.
Magnesium oil (magnoil) or magnesium bicarbonate.
Red light therapy on her thyroid (cytoled product).
Liver capsules for the copper and vitamin A.
Vitamin E with each meal to negate damage from PUFAs
Vitamin K2
Cascara Sagrada
Niacinamide

Would love to hear anyone's feedback on these types of migraines or recommendations on how to treat.

Thanks

Lilac

In an interview, Ray talked about someone recommending a raw carrot daily for his migraines when he was much younger. For several years, he ate a carrot daily for years and did not have a recurrence.

Ray also told of having a terrible migraine (later in life) and taking a big glob of progesterone. He returned to bed and felt the migraine ebb and disappear within minutes.

I would take another look at his articles on brain energy:

Serotonin, depression, and aggression: The problem of brain energy

Thyroid, insomnia, and the insanities: Commonalities in disease

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
In an interview, Ray talked about someone recommending a raw carrot daily for his migraines when he was much younger. For several years, he ate a carrot daily for years and did not have a recurrence.

Ray also told of having a terrible migraine (later in life) and taking a big glob of progesterone. He returned to bed and felt the migraine ebb and disappear within minutes.

I would take another look at his articles on brain energy:

Serotonin, depression, and aggression: The problem of brain energy

Thyroid, insomnia, and the insanities: Commonalities in disease

Thanks @Lilac I will definitely review these

Beastmode

Friend of mine has recently been diagnosed with Chronic Vestibular Migraine and I am trying to come up with solutions as to what may be the cause and how best to treat.

She is very young only 21 I think it is so rare in people her age that doctors want to study her.

The symptoms are vertigo, dizziness, nausea feeling disorientated and confused lasts for hours and is very debilitating.

My theory is that it is down to high serotonin caused by endotoxin, nitric oxide, and mineral deficiencies. She has digestive issues and tries to eat what she thinks is "healthy" not a full vegan or anything but often is eating the supposedly "healthy" vegan options etc. Can't eat dairy without the accompanying problems that often follow for people who seem to not be able to tolerate it. She also has problems with often feeling very cold lack of blood flow to her hands to the point of which they lose colour which points towards a thyroid issue. I would imagine that she will be reluctant to take any drug that is not prescribed by a doctor so I am going to try to start off with the more "supplement" orientated stuff.

My initial recommendations are going to be the following;

Raw Carrot Salad daily and perhaps a few servings of charcoal a week.
Collagen protein to help increase protein intake and heal gut.
Magnesium oil (magnoil) or magnesium bicarbonate.
Red light therapy on her thyroid (cytoled product).
Liver capsules for the copper and vitamin A.
Vitamin E with each meal to negate damage from PUFAs
Vitamin K2
Cascara Sagrada
Niacinamide

Would love to hear anyone's feedback on these types of migraines or recommendations on how to treat.

Thanks

Look up a Functional Neurologist via the Carrick Institute. You can supplement the ***t out of this, but you can also clear up things like this in a short period of time.

Search4Wisdom

Look up a Functional Neurologist via the Carrick Institute. You can supplement the ***t out of this, but you can also clear up things like this in a short period of time.
What sorts of supplements? I was also “diagnosed” with vestibular migraine earlier this year - same symptoms etc - so know the generic advice is B2, magnesium. Curious to hear other options and the basis for them?

bogbody

the stuff OP suggested has definitely helped me wrt frequency and severity of migraines, however what has made the most difference for me are t3 and progesterone. i'm a 41F however so a younger woman might have more luck with just diet/supplements

Perry Staltic

Whenever I hear migraine now I think vax. One of the first signs of blood clots. Did she receive any shots?

Gustav3Y

I know what you mean, this is horrible.

Ironically for me seems that almost everything I try worsens my symptoms, so this is so hard, if II try to take progesterone like 2mg already my back muscles that already hurt, hurt even more, right side trapezium starts hurting more.
Zinc when I take it, then migraine comes at a very high level with super nausea.
I can hardly even supplement anything without a negative reaction.

What has the doctor prescribed you?

I have noticed people say when they get Venlafaxine (SNRI) this issues goes away to the point they can start running again, which we know physical activity of high level is literally impossible when having such things as vestibular migraine.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
I know what you mean, this is horrible.

Ironically for me seems that almost everything I try worsens my symptoms, so this is so hard, if II try to take progesterone like 2mg already my back muscles that already hurt, hurt even more, right side trapezium starts hurting more.
Zinc when I take it, then migraine comes at a very high level with super nausea.
I can hardly even supplement anything without a negative reaction.

What has the doctor prescribed you?

I have noticed people say when they get Venlafaxine (SNRI) this issues goes away to the point they can start running again, which we know physical activity of high level is literally impossible when having such things as vestibular migraine.

I do not have it myself it is a close friend of mine. She was prescribed magnesium along with some other drugs but I cannot recall what they were. I think supplementing zinc alone can cause problems by putting some minerals out of balance. Better to supplement zinc via eating oysters or oyster pills. Mitolife make a good version.

If you're getting a bad migraine I would look into trying some kind of anti-serotonin substance such as Cyproheptadine, or metergoline. Raw carrot salad and charcoal are also good, magnesium.

Gustav3Y

I have chronic vestibular migraine, the name makes it sound so be simple "migraine", it is far from it it is a debilitating condition.

kaybb

I have chronic vestibular migraine, the name makes it sound so be simple "migraine", it is far from it it is a debilitating condition.
I totally agree. I am taking monthly shots now ( Ejovy) and it’s helping but I’m still suffering from attacks. In one now and it’s horrible. Trying to find more treatment options after trying Mag, nianicimide, progesterone, feverfew, b vit,, Ray’s diet. Weather is my biggest trigger but now I’m having some attacks when it’s just barometric changes... doesn’t have to be a storm.
Have to try the Hydrogen, in a post above

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals