Chronic Stress And Anxiety

OP
A

Aidin91

Other members most probably mentioned these;

Sugar(specially sucrose) has anti stress effect.from fruits or milk(lactose free if your lactose intolerant),even some table sugar!

Salt( to taste)

Taurine ( you can get it from energy drinks also!)

Glycine( from gelatine powder or bone broth)

Calcium

Drugs, cypro as you mentioned it yourself.and also low dose bromocriptine and clonidine may help, if you haven't tried them already.

And don't expect vitamins to respond fast, be patient when using them.
Having 1-2 servings of liver a week is good because of vitamin A , which is important.
I really appreciate your help and advice , I am gonna try to find those.(taurine is not available and glycine too)

paymanz

I really appreciate your help and advice , I am gonna try to find those.(taurine is not available and glycine too)
I mentioned where you can find taurine and glycin, you can easily get decent dose of them. Energy drink has 1 gram taurine per bottle, and plain gelatine powder is 20% glycine by weight.you can find both of them in any country.bone broth is same as gelatine powder.

OP
A

Aidin91

I mentioned where you can find taurine and glycin, you can easily get decent dose of them. Energy drink has 1 gram taurine per bottle, and plain gelatine powder is 20% glycine by weight.you can find both of them in any country.bone broth is same as gelatine powder.
So if I understood it correctly, then I can use the taurine powder that bodybuilders use for increasing muscle volume.
the two source you mentioned, are really easy to get it.thanks

paymanz

So if I understood it correctly, then I can use the taurine powder that bodybuilders use for increasing muscle volume.
the two source you mentioned, are really easy to get it.thanks
Energy drinks like "red bull" or any other brand...

You can also find what foods contain taurine, there is good info on the forum.

Good luck

WestCoaster

Hi
I am 24 y/o male
I had chronic stress and anxiety from the momment I born since I had crazy dad who hitted and scolded and belittled me always.
Now I am experiencing high blood pressure with IBS and more important whole hair loss,the main reason I became obsessed with my health is my hair(facial ,sideburn,whole scalp and etc) now I want to know ow to treat my illness. all blood work came out as okay.I think the main culprit is CRH, but I really need your help and advice in diagnosing and treating this issue.
I really appreciate your help and advice

Sorry for what you went through, hopefully things will get better. I will offer you some advice, which is likely different from what you get from others here. Try things out and do whatever works for you!

Blood pressure rises and falls with the amount of water in your system. This is why doctors wrongfully get people to lower sodium in take with BP issues. Salt retains water, and lowering salt removes water. Well we need sodium, and you can get the same effect by lowering your carb intake because glycogen holds water. Remove the glycogen, and the water goes with it, BP will fall. When I say low carb (if you choose this route), do not go high protein, you go moderate protein, which rolls into what i'll say later. IBS is also tied to stress (high cortisol), which makes perfect sense considering what you've been through. Hair falling out is usually tied to a hormonal problem meaning there isn't enough fat in the diet. You have to up the fat in the diet to stop this. I've seen all too many times with the hair loss issue after going low fat, then reversing it once they start consuming more fat again. So lower carb (lower blood pressure), moderate protein (so you don't slow your thyroid), higher fat (to fix the hormonal problem and get adequate calories so your thyroid is happy). Consume enough sodium, and as things start to reverse, the cortisol so drop and your IBS should disappear.

paymanz

@paymanz Have you seen any effects from taurine yourself?
yes, very good effects, calmer nervous system , improved my digestion and also helped me rebuild my connective tissue to a good visible degree.

of curse i changed many things in recent years but the date i started taurine i really feel it made big difference.

OP
A

Aidin91

I started to use 3 full tablespoon of gelatine each day.I hope it's gonna work
is there any scientific article that proves glycine reduces the CRF reduction?because I couldn't find it.

paymanz

I started to use 3 full tablespoon of gelatine each day.I hope it's gonna work
is there any scientific article that proves glycine reduces the CRF reduction?because I couldn't find it.
If its a plain gelatin powder then its good.gelatine has general anti stress effect(that is why it helps people to sleep), it has inhibitory effect on nervous system,I post some link below.BTW ray himself uses oxtail and some gelatgin powder for glycin ,and not glycin supplement ,as much as I know.

Again I want suggest you taurine(red bull or other energy drinks) its important,make sure to give it a try.

Creatine has dopaminerghic effects and may lower crh.

Ginseng also may help.I had good experience with it.

Saffron also is dopaminergic and may help!

Another thing may help is progesterone which has into stress effects,it may reduce a male's libido but for a period of time its OK,if your problem is that intense.it also improves sociability.

All vitams are important, A to all b vitamins,c, and vitamin D.its important to get vitaminn A from animal source like liver, or a retinol supplement.sodium and calcium are important.never underestimate their value!

And don't expect fast respond from these vitamins , you need to be patient.

Sugar is something with fast acting anti stress effect, especially honey,or inverted sugar or caramelized sugar,oxymel.( don't underestimate this one too,don't look much for studies, just increase your sugar intake and judge by how your body responds to it)

As I said before, clonidin,it also can rapidly lower crh.

Glycine Powerfully Lowers Cortisol

Glycine Strongly Upregulates 5-alpha Reductase (5-ar) Activity

Treatment of hypertension with oral taurine: experimental and clinical studies. - PubMed - NCBI

The potential health benefits of taurine in cardiovascular disease

Taurine induces anti-anxiety by activating strychnine-sensitive glycine receptor in vivo. - PubMed - NCBI

Taurine Supplementation Lowers Blood Pressure and Improves Vascular Function in Prehypertension: Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study. - PubMed - NCBI

Taurine 9

Vitamin B6 As Effective, General Anti-stress Therapy

Vitamin A Lowers High Cortisol Levels (Cushing Disease)

Vitamin A is dopaminergic and reduces prolactin in humans

Prolactin Increases Cortisol Secretion

Antistress And Antioxidant Effects Of Virgin Coconut Oil In Vivo

The effects of long-term honey, sucrose or sugar-free diets on memory and anxiety in rats. - PubMed - NCBI

Sugar is "addictive" because is stops the stress response

http://www.functionalps.com/blog/2011/02/04/sugar-sucrose-restrains-the-stress-hormone-system/

The effect of sucrose as pain relief/comfort during immunisation of 15-month-old children in health care centres: a randomised controlled trial. - PubMed - NCBI

Stress-induced rise in endothelaemia, von Willebrand factor and hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical axis activation is reduced by pretreatment wi... - PubMed - NCBI

creatine | Ray Peat Forum

cortisol | Ray Peat Forum

taurine | Ray Peat Forum

Last edited:

paymanz

Ray's reccommendation to keep digestive system clean,raw carrot salad, cooked mushrooms,also is important.it can really help.

OP
A

Aidin91

Ray's reccommendation to keep digestive system clean,raw carrot salad, cooked mushrooms,also is important.it can really help.
I know taurine is best for my case, but 1 bottle of redbull per day costs a lot for (because I am student).
I don't know how to thank you,they were really helpful.
thanks a lot man.