Chronic skin candidiasis

What would cause this in a 74 year old male who takes meds only for glaucoma and is apparently not diabetic? He treats it with 1-2 doses of Diflucan every other month or more. He has good hygiene and lives in a cool climate. Any recommendations for natural remedies? Thanks for your help!

What would cause this in a 74 year old male who takes meds only for glaucoma and is apparently not diabetic? He treats it with 1-2 doses of Diflucan every other month or more. He has good hygiene and lives in a cool climate. Any recommendations for natural remedies? Thanks for your help!
My mother and mother-in-law have both suffered with painful yeast rashes on various parts of their bodies. I think it comes from medications. My mother cleared hers up, after two years of failed doctor ointments, by getting off the starchy carbs, eating a lot of yogurt and doing occasional lemon cayenne maple syrup water fasts. My poor mother-in-law is still struggling with hers with the doctor prescribed meds doing nothing.

OP
GreenEyedBlonde
My mother and mother-in-law have both suffered with painful yeast rashes on various parts of their bodies. I think it comes from medications. My mother cleared hers up, after two years of failed doctor ointments, by getting off the starchy carbs, eating a lot of yogurt and doing occasional lemon cayenne maple syrup water fasts. My poor mother-in-law is still struggling with hers with the doctor prescribed meds doing nothing.
Thanks, Rinse! He does have quite a bit of starches in his diet - 2 slices of bread or more daily, pasta once or twice a week, pizza one or twice a week, bags of tortilla chips and/or crackers. He is underweight and has been consuming these to at least maintain his weight. I will pass your info on to him. He is on no meds but has a high starch diet.

Thanks, Rinse! He does have quite a bit of starches in his diet - 2 slices of bread or more daily, pasta once or twice a week, pizza one or twice a week, bags of tortilla chips and/or crackers. He is underweight and has been consuming these to at least maintain his weight. I will pass your info on to him. He is on no meds but has a high starch diet.
My ex mother-in-law never had these rasez until last year lockdown when she was getting meals delivered, and said they are mostly pastas. Then with all the sitting and waiting out the Covid stuff she developed swollen ankles and added medications to the starch equasion and now is going insane with the painful raw itch.