Chronic sinusitis

cubbiebear

hi everyone! im a 24 year old male and i'd like to consult with you guys about my chronic sinusitis issues. ever since i was a child i had recurring sinus infections, which would last months. im also allergic to cats, dust, and grass.
in january i had a cold that turned once again into a bigger issue as it tirggered a full blown sinusitis with symptoms such as : nasal congestion, sinus pressure, and fatigue.
i'm on a ray peat diet protocol for about a year now. i eat mostly meat , chicken, fruit juices, coffee, some coconut products, eggs, dairy, coke, dill pickles, spices and a daily carrot.
i take daily walks to get some sunlight too.
the doctors gave me antibiotics which i hesitated to take since im not sure its a bacterial infection.
i heard that most sinus infections are in fact fungal and viral in nature.
i feel clueless as to what should be my next attempt at treating it.
i have bought a sinus rinse kit yet still haven't used it since i've heard mixed opinions about its effectiveness and potentiality of making things worse.
i tried a xylitol nose spray, as suggested by many but it didn't do much to be honest.
symptoms are persisting and no relief whatsoever.
should i just give it more time for my body to heal by itself? should i take a supplement of some sort? or change my diet? should i use my sinus rinse kit? or even take the antibiotics perscribed to me? or perhaps you guys are aware of another form of treatment i could try?
thank you all!

Beastmode

hi everyone! im a 24 year old male and i'd like to consult with you guys about my chronic sinusitis issues. ever since i was a child i had recurring sinus infections, which would last months. im also allergic to cats, dust, and grass.
in january i had a cold that turned once again into a bigger issue as it tirggered a full blown sinusitis with symptoms such as : nasal congestion, sinus pressure, and fatigue.
i'm on a ray peat diet protocol for about a year now. i eat mostly meat , chicken, fruit juices, coffee, some coconut products, eggs, dairy, coke, dill pickles, spices and a daily carrot.
i take daily walks to get some sunlight too.
the doctors gave me antibiotics which i hesitated to take since im not sure its a bacterial infection.
i heard that most sinus infections are in fact fungal and viral in nature.
i feel clueless as to what should be my next attempt at treating it.
i have bought a sinus rinse kit yet still haven't used it since i've heard mixed opinions about its effectiveness and potentiality of making things worse.
i tried a xylitol nose spray, as suggested by many but it didn't do much to be honest.
symptoms are persisting and no relief whatsoever.
should i just give it more time for my body to heal by itself? should i take a supplement of some sort? or change my diet? should i use my sinus rinse kit? or even take the antibiotics perscribed to me? or perhaps you guys are aware of another form of treatment i could try?
thank you all!
Anecdotal, but a fellow "peater" I know, had a very similar story as your's. The biggest thing that changed it for him is more sugar. One thing I've learned from Ray over the years is how much sugar one might need for a while to get out of a stressed response.

I also have a close friend who I turned onto this way of approaching health and he's gotten far less of the symptoms since mastering the basics of this approach. He's been on T3 the past year now and that's accelerated his results as well.

Both are in their 40's and male if that gives you reference of what's possible.

inthedark

Take your antibiotics. I’ve had sinus issues my whole life and the couple of times they’ve blown up into an infection it’s been scary and antibiotics made me feel much much better. Get a prescription for Ketotifen if you can, this has been an enormous help for my sinus and allergy problems. If you can’t access Ketotifen look on this forum for over the counter antihistamines that can help. I’ve made an herbal tincture from Elecampane that is tremendously helpful. Mullein is another herb that to me feels like it has antihistamine properties. Tea or tincture.

I also recommend regular sinus rinsing for awhile, and definitely when you are having issues. Just a saline solution works well but apparently xylitol can be good for breaking down biofilms. There are also breathing techniques that can help reduce congestion in the moment. Anti-serotonin substances may also help improve things.
In the long run, working to improve metabolism in the ways discussed on this forum will probably also help you. I think that allergies are caused by energy deficits caused by stressors, including environment, mental, emotional, and physical health states. Diet can address these changes long term. Methylene blue may help by reducing stress quickly and giving your body a resource to lower inflammation and address internal issues.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Vins7

Anecdotal, but a fellow "peater" I know, had a very similar story as your's. The biggest thing that changed it for him is more sugar. One thing I've learned from Ray over the years is how much sugar one might need for a while to get out of a stressed response.

I also have a close friend who I turned onto this way of approaching health and he's gotten far less of the symptoms since mastering the basics of this approach. He's been on T3 the past year now and that's accelerated his results as well.

Both are in their 40's and male if that gives you reference of what's possible.
When you say sugar you mean carbs in general or White sugar?

Peachy

A few thoughts, if you’re still struggling.

Are you eating any liver and oysters? How’s your gut?

I really like Rick_F’s suggestions.

Have you ever seen a good ENT? I know, it’s hard to find. My husband had chronic sinusitis which turned terribly acute. He went to the hospital and they gave him an antibiotic that didn’t work well. Went to an ENT who said it was one of the worst she’d ever seen. Put him on a very specific antibiotic and recommended a saline mist spray and some meds. The meds were minimal and targeted. He later got a minor surgery to better align and open his passages which were too small. He hasn’t had a sinus infection since!

The challenge here would be finding someone who is honest and discerning.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals