Chronic Pancreatitis

Pompadour

Hello to all dear people , that make this forum so wise!

I am here in searching of hope.

I am woman, 38yo. Two years ago i had acute pancreatitis and i have hoped, that it was only acute.
But almost two years later i have another one flare up. Not the strongest, but i feel pain and can;t eat.
In my early 30-th during ultra sound the doctor sad, that my pancreas have some visible changes.
I have a history of gallbladder attacks, have nile sluge and i think that wrong bile moving poses problems for me.

I am breastfeeding now and can;'t take much medication or additives. But i hope someone here have some ideas how i can in future slow down the progression of this nasty desease.

My mom also have chronic pancreatitis - the first flare up was two years after removing her gallbladder (due to gallstones). This is why i think that surgery for gallbladder is not much helpfull.

How can we try to slow down progression? I mean to slow down scar formation and calcification of tissues?

I have read a lot of scaring things ... But i think this can push me to "learned helplessness". So here i am searching for some help and some words of hope...

There is a topic about ketotifen reversing chronic pancreatitis. I have this condition too since my childhood, wanted to try a ketotifen but it gave me some undesirable side effect so I decided to give it a try another time.

OP
Pompadour

Pompadour

@methylenwhite, thank you for reply! I've read about ketotifen. The problem is, that it is prescription drug. I'm not sure one can get it easily. What problems did you get with it?

Are you eating in Ray Peat style? How long are you usually in remission, without pain? I find, that dairy and oranges are Not suitable for me:(

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Hi @Pompadour, have you looked at this thread? Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity it is very long but the first post has links to the free ebooks explaining Grant G.’s reasoning. To sum up what I understand, Vitamin A affects the epithelial layers of skin and all ducts in the body and that includes ducts from the pancreas. OJ and milk are hard for many of us to digest or tolerate. I hope you can find relief as I understand it is a painful condition.

@methylenwhite, thank you for reply! I've read about ketotifen. The problem is, that it is prescription drug. I'm not sure one can get it easily. What problems did you get with it?

Are you eating in Ray Peat style? How long are you usually in remission, without pain? I find, that dairy and oranges are Not suitable for me:(

Your profile says you are from Russia. You can get it there no prescription asked. Or you can order it from there, there is a post somewhere on the forum some member has ordered Mildronate from Russia by mail. Its dirt cheap, should be about 100 rub.

OP
Pompadour

Pompadour

@Dolomite , thank you ! It is something to consider... I eat liver regularly.

@methylenwhite , yeah, i live now in Germany, but i am from Russia... I think my mother can buy it. For me it is not yet suitable, because ketotifen goes into the breastmilk, so i will wait with it. But my mom can try it. Thank you very much for paying my attention to it - i didn;t think, that i can buy it in Russia.

Elast1c

this bacteria seems tied to periodontitis and pancreatic cancer. Might try if you can safely source some blueberries if it might help. Currently running Ginger tea....it affected my digestion negatively but improved a topical infection from oral drinking with xylitol but I really don't know if it is toxic. It seems to help some cancers but Ray says Ginger is genotoxic. Blueberries seems safe if organically sourced

There is a topic about ketotifen reversing chronic pancreatitis. I have this condition too since my childhood, wanted to try a ketotifen but it gave me some undesirable side effect so I decided to give it a try another time.
I have chronic pancreatitis. Does someone know where to buy ketotifen? Thank you in advance!

I have chronic pancreatitis. Does someone know where to buy ketotifen? Thank you in advance!
Here in Brazil you can get ketotifen syrup for about 10RS in any pharmacy, its OTC.

Procure por xarope Asmofen, xarope de fumarato de cetotifeno ou cetotifeno em gotas.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-05-24 at 8.07.33 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-05-24 at 8.07.33 PM.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 12