Chronic health problem (Dehydration) - Faint hope somebody here might have some ideas

P

Peatness

What you are describing sounds like fibrosis. Have you ever had an injury, vaccine injury, MRI contrast dye injection or medication or supplement that could have triggered your condition. Just a thought.

OP
C

Callmestar

What you are describing sounds like fibrosis. Have you ever had an injury, vaccine injury, MRI contrast dye injection or medication or supplement that could have triggered your condition. Just a thought.

Like Fibrosis? In what way? Unless you were responding to someone else in the thread.

I've had many injuries and some hit to the head through idiotic fighting in my younger years and a car crash but no anywhere near the start of symptoms. Never had MRI with contrast. Always refused contrast in fact. Medication and supplements, I've taken a lot so it would be near impossible to say. The only thing I can say I was taking that would be a strong medication near the time when this started was Clonazepam due to panic attacks and anxiety. I no longer take it.

OP
C

Callmestar

Yes, if it were more progressive it would make the idea that it's due to a deficiency or a chronic infection spreading maybe more likely.

But when I think about it more generally, some people who are sick for example with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome seem to get sick almost overnight with dramatic consequences (by the way they also have water homeostasis issues if I'm not mistaken). Yet I'm almost sure that there was an underlying issue and maybe an infection that is the straw that broke the camel's back. Their immune system was probably greatly impaired to begin with.

Maybe your fast was too much and you got an infection that disturbed your water metabolism somehow.

Do you know if you case is rather rare?

Yes my case seems extremely rare. Although I have certainly come across one or two others on Chronic fatigue forums who has similar dehydration symptoms, albeit there's seem less severe but are accompanied but other typical CFS symptoms. My is predominantly the dehydration and dryness without much else. There is fatigue but to me it feels a result of being completely depleted and dehydrated.

Max23

Similar problems I have with you are dehydration, I excrete water quickly after ingestion, mostly excrete more than consume, chronic prostatitis (doesn´t go away no matter what, I know several ways how to make it worse), slightly elevated creatinine, fatigue. I also have a lot of muscle problems. I think my problem with holding water in is caused by a low metabolic state, low thyroid, high estrogen. Only thing that helped with dehydration was Tyronene, but that caused eye pain as well. I don´t know how much you have looked into the liver, maybe it can´t detox estrogen and other stuff, puts the kidneys under pressure, inhibits thyroid.

Also there could be multiple causes for prostatitis, that shouldn´t be ruled out, I am quite certain the problem is systemic as well.

Don´t rule out a physical injury. The timing doesn´t have to match. My deviated septum causes several systemic problems, I am certain of it. Maybe it directly influences the pituitary, maybe even thyroid. This swallowing problem could be due to an injury to a structure closeby, that seemingly doesn´t relate. I am also pretty certain the deviated septum influences the prostate, due to it´s influence on the spine and fascia. The fascia and other connective tissues literally connect everything. In my case from way up in the spetum to the prostate, it certainly is so. There could also be mechanical effects on the liver and on the intestine. I haven´t read this entire thread so don´t know whether you have investigated your liver. But about the physical injuries, do you have anything permanent? If you don´t know whether you have any, I would suggest finding out. And remember, damage to a structure might need years to manifest in a disease, so if a timing of an injury doesn´t match, it doesn´t mean it isn´t a factor.

Also I remember Joe Rogan´s podcast with Cat Zingano, who had a damaging fight, head injury that resulted in thyroid and pituitary problems.

P

Peatness

Like Fibrosis? In what way? Unless you were responding to someone else in the thread.

I've had many injuries and some hit to the head through idiotic fighting in my younger years and a car crash but no anywhere near the start of symptoms. Never had MRI with contrast. Always refused contrast in fact. Medication and supplements, I've taken a lot so it would be near impossible to say. The only thing I can say I was taking that would be a strong medication near the time when this started was Clonazepam due to panic attacks and anxiety. I no longer take it.
I suggested fibrosis because the condition you describe sounds like an autoimmune reaction to something such as an injury which can’t heal or a toxin. In such a situation the circulation and energy production could be compromised. Just speculation, forgive me if I am wrong.

OP
C

Callmestar

Similar problems I have with you are dehydration, I excrete water quickly after ingestion, mostly excrete more than consume, chronic prostatitis (doesn´t go away no matter what, I know several ways how to make it worse), slightly elevated creatinine, fatigue. I also have a lot of muscle problems. I think my problem with holding water in is caused by a low metabolic state, low thyroid, high estrogen. Only thing that helped with dehydration was Tyronene, but that caused eye pain as well. I don´t know how much you have looked into the liver, maybe it can´t detox estrogen and other stuff, puts the kidneys under pressure, inhibits thyroid.

Also there could be multiple causes for prostatitis, that shouldn´t be ruled out, I am quite certain the problem is systemic as well.

Don´t rule out a physical injury. The timing doesn´t have to match. My deviated septum causes several systemic problems, I am certain of it. Maybe it directly influences the pituitary, maybe even thyroid. This swallowing problem could be due to an injury to a structure closeby, that seemingly doesn´t relate. I am also pretty certain the deviated septum influences the prostate, due to it´s influence on the spine and fascia. The fascia and other connective tissues literally connect everything. In my case from way up in the spetum to the prostate, it certainly is so. There could also be mechanical effects on the liver and on the intestine. I haven´t read this entire thread so don´t know whether you have investigated your liver. But about the physical injuries, do you have anything permanent? If you don´t know whether you have any, I would suggest finding out. And remember, damage to a structure might need years to manifest in a disease, so if a timing of an injury doesn´t match, it doesn´t mean it isn´t a factor.

Also I remember Joe Rogan´s podcast with Cat Zingano, who had a damaging fight, head injury that resulted in thyroid and pituitary problems.

Thanks. Very interesting. There are some similarities in our symptoms.

Unfortunately, and this may sound silly to some, there's no way I can spend my life thinking some injury to a random part of my body has caused my symptoms unless there's a logical link. It would just drive me insane. I'm willing to explore anything but if we are talking physical injuries like a deviated septum that you think is causing prostatitis there's just not enough to go on. I too have a deviated septum, I've had my nose broken a number of times, eye socket fractured, teeth smashed, broken bottles smashed over my head, car crash with my face smashing the windscreen leaving me with nose split open and stitches needed all over my face. I can't tell you the amount of times I've been punched or had serious fights. I didn't live the best life growing up and was an idiot, always in trouble, but my general health was good. Aside from that if I was to go down your road of thinking, am I to also consider every knock bump or fall or football injury, knee damage, ankle bones chipped etc etc might have lead to my health symptoms? There's just no way I could spend time dwelling on that, it would destroy me. You thinking your deviated septum causes systemic problems would be a prime example. What's the point in thinking that if there's nothing you can do about it and it may not be the cause. You either get the deviated septum fixed if you think it's causing problems or you might as well forget it and look at other possible causes.

I see the throat / swallowing problem as possibly linked but the rest there's not enough to go on to link them to my symptoms or anything that would lead to a cure.

In regards to prostatitis, it's new for me, only had it a couple of months so we'll see what happens with that/if it resolves. Whereas the dehydration is years old. The high estrogen idea keeps popping up so I need to explore that. I tried tyronene, didn't help my dehydration at all, glad it helped yours.

akgrrrl

So, I'm cutting out all grains and starchy carbs. Today's food consisted of Breakfast: omelete with veg - red pepper & onion. Lunch: Corned beef and a couple of apples. Dinner: Pork with green leaf salad, with a little apple cider vinegar. A couple of cups of orange juice here and there.

I'd like to drink milk but I think I also have a slight intolerance to dairy. Not sure there's anything I can do about these but limits the food I can have when I'm avoiding gluten and dairy. Any other drink recommendations? I am so thirsty and dehydrated but I don't think drinking litres and litres of fruit juice would be wise and water just dehydrates me further.

I will see how I go with the dietary changes. I'm wondering if there's anything more specific I can do aimed at the thyroid in the meantime?
Goat milk
Ice
2 or 3 fat medjool dates
Maple syrup or sugar to taste, in a highspeed blender that makes this into a smooth rich milkshake

OP
C

Callmestar

I suggested fibrosis because the condition you describe sounds like an autoimmune reaction to something such as an injury which can’t heal or a toxin. In such a situation the circulation and energy production could be compromised. Just speculation, forgive me if I am wrong.

You could be right and I certainly have the ongoing throat cartilage/swallowing issue which again I can't see the find a solution for.

yerrag

That's interesting, thanks for the suggestion. Haven't taken activated charcoal but thought it might help and what you propose is worth a try.
How'd it go?

Another possibility is that undigested starch is absorbed by the small intestine and this gets into the blood stream. But this is less likely as the reaction would not result in foamy urine, afaik, as foamy urine would indicate some bacteria is involved.

OP
C

Callmestar

If I drink alcohol, which I never do now by the way, it causes the dehydration symptoms to increase dramatically and they cannot be stopped. Alcohol reduces vasopressin so naturally dehydrates you. If I drink, I dump out clear urine every 20 minutes for days, worse than my normal dehydration state. The only way I can get it to stop is by taking some desmopressin which seems to slow the cascade of losing fluid and eventually my body then readjusts to its normal low level of dehydration when the alcohol has left the system.

Again this leads me to think there is a problem with Vasopressin but my tests say this is not the case. What else might cause that effect from alcohol?

OP
C

Callmestar

Right, I need something to do, something I can try. My health is falling apart and I have no protocol to follow or anything to do that's going to help.

Korven

Right, I need something to do, something I can try. My health is falling apart and I have no protocol to follow or anything to do that's going to help.

Do this to "reset" your gut microbiome. Can't guarantee it'll fix your issues, but it's helped me a ton with my mystery CFS.

Max23

Thanks. Very interesting. There are some similarities in our symptoms.

Unfortunately, and this may sound silly to some, there's no way I can spend my life thinking some injury to a random part of my body has caused my symptoms unless there's a logical link. It would just drive me insane. I'm willing to explore anything but if we are talking physical injuries like a deviated septum that you think is causing prostatitis there's just not enough to go on. I too have a deviated septum, I've had my nose broken a number of times, eye socket fractured, teeth smashed, broken bottles smashed over my head, car crash with my face smashing the windscreen leaving me with nose split open and stitches needed all over my face. I can't tell you the amount of times I've been punched or had serious fights. I didn't live the best life growing up and was an idiot, always in trouble, but my general health was good. Aside from that if I was to go down your road of thinking, am I to also consider every knock bump or fall or football injury, knee damage, ankle bones chipped etc etc might have lead to my health symptoms? There's just no way I could spend time dwelling on that, it would destroy me. You thinking your deviated septum causes systemic problems would be a prime example. What's the point in thinking that if there's nothing you can do about it and it may not be the cause. You either get the deviated septum fixed if you think it's causing problems or you might as well forget it and look at other possible causes.

I see the throat / swallowing problem as possibly linked but the rest there's not enough to go on to link them to my symptoms or anything that would lead to a cure.

In regards to prostatitis, it's new for me, only had it a couple of months so we'll see what happens with that/if it resolves. Whereas the dehydration is years old. The high estrogen idea keeps popping up so I need to explore that. I tried tyronene, didn't help my dehydration at all, glad it helped yours.
I was also stupid, when I was young. I get your thinking, but this kind of a mindset is not what I have. I didn´t think you would be dwelling about possible health problems when you are aware of them. My line of thinking is, just map then, write them down, research as possible factors and when you are not doing research, forget about them, do the things you like. Even if they aren´t causally linked, you´ll get smarter about health and your reaserch might lead to something you didn´t expect.

At first you might think something like a deviated septum is random, but it isn´t, it might have direct efects on the thyroid or the prostate. I can´t tell you in your case it does, because there are too many factors to consider and a lot which I am not aware of. In your case I would look at some of them that might be significant. Does it affect you breathing? How many times you breathe per minute? (that might lead to postural changes, that directly affet the prostate, as well as CO2 levels, you said it being a factor in your case, that is how you can increase it). Does it affect your spine, the jaw? Do you have sleep problems? What kind of a spine type you have? Your physical structure could definitely be a research subject. I would urge it being something fun, getting to know yourself better, not something that causes negative emotions.

I also recommend this podcast
View: https://open.spotify.com/episode/58Drs6tKeuq82hMTbcDC0G
. James Nestor on Joe Rogan, very interesting, fun and funny. I don´t know if you have done breathing or looked into it, but it can be the simplest and cheapest method for health improvement. Wim Hof is also another extremely inspiring person and I constantly think his ideas could help a lot of people. He is like the antithesis to the current antihuman ideology.

One possible idea for the swallowing problem is trigger point therapy, I don´t know if you know about it, but if you find according muscles, and do it on them, it might alleviate the situation. I don´t remember right now which ones were involved, maybe the masseter?

Last summer I wanted to try calvados, had just a little glass of it and peed so much after it, it started to hurt. So alcohol causes also dehydration for me as well and might even lead to fasciculations. I think it is a liver problem. One of my theories about it right now is that my liver is clogged up with vitamin A, which is also an alcohol, so it has problems with ethanol.

I read your prostatitis thread. I also recently took antibiotics, Augmentin. It had great GI effects and some other beneficial effects. At the end of a week of taking it, I got some bad prostate and lower back problems, which went away after not taking it any more. My first thought was a fungal problem as well. But I rather think it is kidney toxicity, which Tetracycline might cause as well. If you have lumbar lordosis, it might affect the kidneys, the prostate and some other structures. There are several nephrotoxic things in my case, that lead to problems with the lower back, the prostate and the nervous system.

Maybe this information leads you somewhere and is helpful.

OP
C

Callmestar

Sweating really is the one thing that has a positive impact on my symptoms / wellbeing. I'd not been exercising due to complete lack of energy and feeling as though it would just do more harm than good in my current state, but I remember when I was exercising previously I would breifly after sweating and replenishing with liquids, feel better for a couple of hours. Not back to normal levels but 75% there with just a slight lingering feeling of dry mouth remaining.

Today after not having exercised in months. I had to do some work taking out and getting rid of an old washing machine. I very quickly after about 10 minutes was sweating, the job was done soon after. I've noticed in the few hours since the sweating, again I'm feeling much better, urine seems to be retaining and in general I have a slight sense of well-being rather than feeling crappy and unwell. Unfortunately I know this is short lived and after a few hours or after I go to sleep the symptoms revert back to their typically state.

There has to be a link here. I've read that exercise increases thyroid so I need explore this further even if the thyroid supplements I've tried so far haven't helped. I tried some T3 and also some NDT but with no improvement. Maybe some T4 medication next?

What else could the exercise and sweating be doing that's causing my system to work more optimally breifly after exercise?

Also @NodeCerebri what you said about Co2 I'm definitely going to look into further.

OP
C

Callmestar

I'm due to speak with my doctor soon. He's been relatively helpful with blood tests recently, although limited on what the health service see as relevant to test for and often the lab refuses certain blood requests such as T3, DHEA and many more. I'm going to ask for the usual full blood work but also uric acid to see if that remains high, PSA just to check the prostate is nothing sinister, Thyroid. Does anyone have any recommendations on what it might be worth asking them to test re bloods?

OP
C

Callmestar

I've had a response from a functional medicine doctor mentioning the possibility of 'too low ANP(atriopeptins) from the CNS and/or low PGE2 from the kidneys'. I'm reading up on this currently but if anyone has any experience in this area or thinks it could be along the right lines and contributing to my symptoms please let me know what you think.

yerrag

I've had a response from a functional medicine doctor mentioning the possibility of 'too low ANP(atriopeptins) from the CNS and/or low PGE2 from the kidneys'. I'm reading up on this currently but if anyone has any experience in this area or thinks it could be along the right lines and contributing to my symptoms please let me know what you think.
Hate to be critical, but I'm not surprised that is the direction of doctors. Going into the hormones etc. and thinking they must be dysregulated, and not so much as thinking that is probably a response from a stimulus that is the root cause. But if that is the way for them to arrive at the root cause, then I'm for it. But if they're going to control that hormone or peptide or enzyme, then may God be with you.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I would be interested to see your bun creatinine ratio.

OP
C

Callmestar

Hate to be critical, but I'm not surprised that is the direction of doctors. Going into the hormones etc. and thinking they must be dysregulated, and not so much as thinking that is probably a response from a stimulus that is the root cause. But if that is the way for them to arrive at the root cause, then I'm for it. But if they're going to control that hormone or peptide or enzyme, then may God be with you.

I am also of course hoping to find the route cause and resolve that. But right now I can barely function, so anything that might give some temporary relief might help me build some strength to carry on.

OP
C

Callmestar

I would be interested to see your bun creatinine ratio.

I can't see that I've have the ratio listed on any of my bloods. But last time they were taken together the results were:
Urea 6.20 2.50 - 7.14 mmol/L
Creatinine 102.00 44.20 - 106.08 umol/L

That was back in January. My creatine has been taken many times since and is now always over 110.