Chronic health problem (Dehydration) - Faint hope somebody here might have some ideas

Korven

So a Tetracycline antibiotic would be best....maybe the doctor may listen if I explain the gut infection would be tackled along with the Prostatitis if using that antibiotic. The thing is they say the Quinolones are the ones that get deep into the prostate, that's apparently why they are prescribed. When I spoke to the doc yesterday he only new of Quinolones and Trimethoprim that could be prescribed for Prostatitis. Would a Tetracycline get to the prostate infection?

I'm just googling this stuff but Minocycline seems pretty effective for prostatitis, even compared to ofloxacin:

Also according to Treatment of Prostatitis:

"Options for treatment are 100 mg of doxycycline (Vibramycin) or minocycline (Minocin) twice daily for 14 days, or erythromycin at 500 mg four times daily for 14 days.13"

I suppose it depends on what bacteria is involved and how severe your symptoms are. Maybe you could talk to your doctor about these alternatives and what he thinks?

OP
C

Callmestar

I'm just googling this stuff but Minocycline seems pretty effective for prostatitis, even compared to ofloxacin:

Also according to Treatment of Prostatitis:

"Options for treatment are 100 mg of doxycycline (Vibramycin) or minocycline (Minocin) twice daily for 14 days, or erythromycin at 500 mg four times daily for 14 days.13"

I suppose it depends on what bacteria is involved and how severe your symptoms are. Maybe you could talk to your doctor about these alternatives and what he thinks?

Thanks, I've sent a message to the doctor that hopefully he will pick up tomorrow. So the Doxycycline / Minocycline look good for prostatitis but I can't see if they would treat the klebsiella and Citrobacter in the gut?

Where as the Tetracycline treats the gut bacteria but unsure if it covers all prostate infections. Nightmare haha.

OP
C

Callmestar

I didn't read the whole thread but did your endocrinologist eleminate stuff like addison/ POTs. For addison they need to do a special stress test where i think they inject something and wait to see how your body reacts.

I have addison and dehydration/frequent urination feeling really tired, low blod pressure and hyperpigmentation are common symptoms.

i take fludocortisone that helps with the dehydration. Drs. sometimes prescribe it for other stuff too so check with your dr. Also before i started taking it my blood urea/proteins were high, i assume due to low blood volume/dehydration. I think u mentioned yours were high too.

when i feel bad i eat low potassium/ high salt sugar food like coca cola, pretzels, cheese, cheese sandwiches, ramen. Potassium is retained in Addison so it can go too high and cause heart irregularities. I think u mentioned eating potatoes which are really high in potassium, so are all fruits/vegerables/ whole grains/ tomatoes / milk.

Thanks. Yes that's been checked. My Cortisol and Aldosterone are on the high end of normal range rather then low and I did actually try Fludrocortisone with a suspicion my adrenals were not working properly. Didn't help.

I'm pretty ******* lost and hopeless with it all to be honest.

yerrag

Yes, no foam and transparent. Used to wake up x3 at night needing to go even if I had little to dump too. However where I'm at now (avoiding triggers for the most part) if I happen to eat something problematic I might wake up once and dump like 600ml of light yellow with lots of foam. I don't know about neutrophils.
I'm pretty sure there are many causes of urine foam, and I only experience one cause of it. Oxidized albumin from albumin being used as an anti-oxidant to counter oxidative stress from spillover ROS from phagocytosis by neutrophils, to eliminate bacteria.

Your bladder can hold 600ml? That is amazing. What kind of triggers would cause such strong urination?

nitro warrior

I'm pretty sure there are many causes of urine foam, and I only experience one cause of it. Oxidized albumin from albumin being used as an anti-oxidant to counter oxidative stress from spillover ROS from phagocytosis by neutrophils, to eliminate bacteria.

Your bladder can hold 600ml? That is amazing. What kind of triggers would cause such strong urination?
I think so too about the many causes. Seems at that point I have to wake up and take a leak but yeah the most I've counted is 700+. Trigger is starch quantity. Even though I dropped the worst starches a while back I discovered I can use sourdough wheat with no ill effect in general but if overdone in a day it might have that result. Its different than before though, when urination was more frequent but lower quantity, transparent with no foam.
Gut bacteria may be related and I do also have a bad tooth for long time so your kind of infection is possible I guess.

yerrag

I think so too about the many causes. Seems at that point I have to wake up and take a leak but yeah the most I've counted is 700+. Trigger is starch quantity. Even though I dropped the worst starches a while back I discovered I can use sourdough wheat with no ill effect in general but if overdone in a day it might have that result. Its different than before though, when urination was more frequent but lower quantity, transparent with no foam.
Gut bacteria may be related and I do also have a bad tooth for long time so your kind of infection is possible I guess.
The only thing I can think of that may cause that is the starch feeding a lot of gut bacteria and gut bacteria translocating to the blood stream. There must be a lot of bacteria though to cause a great quantity of urine to be produced as water byproduct of redox. The bacteria would effect phagocytosis by neutrophils, and the spillover ROS would have to be neutralized by the antioxidant action of albumin, and the redox reaction produces water. The oxidized albumin is excreted and causes the foam in urine.

To test whether this is true, I'd eat the same starch in the same quantity, and after that I'd take 1 tsp of activated charcoal. Then see what happens. If you don't experience heavy urination with foam, that means the activated charcoal adsorbed the bacteria, keeping it from translocating into the blood stream.

If that were the case, then I would begin asking why is so much bacteria translocating to the blood stream? Shouldn't that much bacteria cause diarrhea already? Is there a leaky gut involved?

Just a guess though.

nitro warrior

The only thing I can think of that may cause that is the starch feeding a lot of gut bacteria and gut bacteria translocating to the blood stream. There must be a lot of bacteria though to cause a great quantity of urine to be produced as water byproduct of redox. The bacteria would effect phagocytosis by neutrophils, and the spillover ROS would have to be neutralized by the antioxidant action of albumin, and the redox reaction produces water. The oxidized albumin is excreted and causes the foam in urine.

To test whether this is true, I'd eat the same starch in the same quantity, and after that I'd take 1 tsp of activated charcoal. Then see what happens. If you don't experience heavy urination with foam, that means the activated charcoal adsorbed the bacteria, keeping it from translocating into the blood stream.

If that were the case, then I would begin asking why is so much bacteria translocating to the blood stream? Shouldn't that much bacteria cause diarrhea already? Is there a leaky gut involved?

Just a guess though.
That's interesting, thanks for the suggestion. Haven't taken activated charcoal but thought it might help and what you propose is worth a try.

OP
C

Callmestar

Hey @Callmestar, I was just looking at this Ancestral Supplements Kidney Extract for my own possible histamine issues, and I ran across this 5-star review:

Amazon product ASIN B078K8L672View: https://www.amazon.com/Ancestral-Supplements-Kidney-High-Selenium/dp/B078K8L672/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

"Stopped Incessant Peeing

I had something like interstitial cystitis that was making me pee over 40 times a day. If I took a lot of magnesium over the day (I'm talking a full gram or more) it would stop, but that caused other problems with my mineral balance. I'd had good results with other Ancestral Supplements products, so I read the reviews of this one and saw the kidney may also help my sinus issues caused by moderate food intolerances. I also have a genetic adrenal problem (nonclassical congenital adrenal hyperplasia) and was curious if it would help my mood or motivation as the adrenals are situated on the kidneys.

It got rid of the peeing problem completely. Now I can go hours without even having the urge, which is a big relief. It got rid of the sinus stuff and helped the food intolerance a lot, too. It provided a noticeable but not huge boost to motivation and mood, so I have ordered their adrenal supplement to see if that helps more.

Very grateful this company exists."

Thanks. Worth a try. Although I tried the ancestral Thyroid and liver and they did absolutely nothing like everything else ?

I don't know who writes half these reviews or if it's just placebo but I experience nothing from any of these supplements.

OP
C

Callmestar

Should I be concerned with kidney bloods that have an eGFR that's in the 70s and creatine that's always slightly high out of range?

OP
C

Callmestar

Decided to take the antibiotic as I can't seem to shake Prostatitis, a separate issue from the dehydration. Also at this point its worth a stab in the dark to see if it might somehow coincidentally improve my other symptoms (incredibly unlikely I know).

Doctor prescribed Tetracycline Hydrochloride. I've been taking it for the past few days and feel fine on it. If anything I feel slightly better in terms of overall wellbeing since being on them, although no major change in dehydration.

yerrag

Should I be concerned with kidney bloods that have an eGFR that's in the 70s and creatine that's always slightly high out of range?
What do you mean by kidney bloods and you meant to say creatinine right?

Peatful

Decided to take the antibiotic as I can't seem to shake Prostatitis, a separate issue from the dehydration. Also at this point its worth a stab in the dark to see if it might somehow coincidentally improve my other symptoms (incredibly unlikely I know).

Doctor prescribed Tetracycline Hydrochloride. I've been taking it for the past few days and feel fine on it. If anything I feel slightly better in terms of overall wellbeing since being on them, although no major change in dehydration.
Georgi and danny just spoke of this on their latest podcast iirc

prostatitis is due to estrogen dominance (and high cortisol or prolactin- I don’t remember which one....)
Estrogen dominance is a inflammatory state and stress reaction.
its the same problem- not separate

Last edited:
OP
C

Callmestar

What do you mean by kidney bloods and you meant to say creatinine right

eGFR - Estimated glomerular filtration rate is to test your level of kidney function, that's what I meant by kidney bloods. Also high creatinine can be a sign of poor kidney function, no? I expect mine is due to the dehydration for which I can find no cause but just wondering if the high creatinine and gradually lowering eGFR number are cause for concern.

And yes that should have said 'Creatinine', it was a typo.

OP
C

Callmestar

Georgi and danny just spoke of this on their latest podcast iirc

prostatitis is due to estrogen dominance (and high cortisol or prolactin- I don’t remember which one....)
Estrogen dominance is a inflammatory state and stress reaction.
its the same problem- not separate

Thanks. Just checked out the podcast. Yes it didn't really clarify but was regarding a study demonstrating that stress ups Cortisol/Estrogen/prolactin and causes male fertility and prostate issues. The difficult thing is working out where the stress is coming from and how to resolve it or lower said hormones.

yerrag

eGFR - Estimated glomerular filtration rate is to test your level of kidney function, that's what I meant by kidney bloods. Also high creatinine can be a sign of poor kidney function, no? I expect mine is due to the dehydration for which I can find no cause but just wondering if the high creatinine and gradually lowering eGFR number are cause for concern.

And yes that should have said 'Creatinine', it was a typo.
You can do a 24hr urine creatinine clearance test to compare the eGFR with it. I really don't trust the eGFR. It's not science. I had the same creatinine for 20 years, and each year my eGFR keeps going down. Yes, because my age makes my eGFR go down. The reality is not what is computed based on that formula.

I'm not sure, but did you post your CBC? If you did, can you resend?

OP
C

Callmestar

You can do a 24hr urine creatinine clearance test to compare the eGFR with it. I really don't trust the eGFR. It's not science. I had the same creatinine for 20 years, and each year my eGFR keeps going down. Yes, because my age makes my eGFR go down. The reality is not what is computed based on that formula.

I'm not sure, but did you post your CBC? If you did, can you resend?

Here's my last three, over the past few months:

May 21
Full blood count
Haemoglobin concentration 154 g/L [130.0 - 180.0]
Mean cell volume 89.7 fL [80.0 - 100.0]
Platelet count - observation 249 10*9/L [140.0 - 400.0]
Total white blood count 5.0 10*9/L [3.6 - 11.0]
Neutrophil count 2.25 10*9/L [1.8 - 7.5]
Lymphocyte count 2.03 10*9/L [1.0 - 4.0]
Monocyte count - observation 0.44 10*9/L [0.2 - 0.8]
Eosinophil count - observation 0.18 10*9/L [0.1 - 0.4]
Basophil count 0.05 10*9/L [0.02 - 0.1]
Red blood cell count 5.01 10*12/L [4.5 - 6.5]
Haematocrit 0.450 1/1 [0.4 - 0.54]
Mean cell haemoglobin level 30.8 pg [27.0 - 32.0]

eGFR using creatinine (CKD-EPI) per 1.73 square metres 76 mL/min
eGFR has been calculated using the CKD-EPI creatinine
equation.

Serum C reactive protein level < 1 mg/L [< 5.0]
Plasma viscosity 1.63 mPa.s [1.5 - 1.72]

Urea and electrolytes
Serum sodium level 140 mmol/L [133.0 - 146.0]
Serum potassium level 4.8 mmol/L [3.5 - 5.3]
Serum creatinine level 110 umol/L [59.0 - 104.0]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apr 21
Full blood count
Haemoglobin concentration 150 g/L [130.0 - 180.0]
Mean cell volume 89.8 fL [80.0 - 100.0]
Platelet count - observation 259 10*9/L [140.0 - 400.0]
Total white blood count 5.3 10*9/L [3.6 - 11.0]
Neutrophil count 2.97 10*9/L [1.8 - 7.5]
Lymphocyte count 1.73 10*9/L [1.0 - 4.0]
Monocyte count - observation 0.45 10*9/L [0.2 - 0.8]
Eosinophil count - observation 0.09 10*9/L [0.1 - 0.4]
Below low reference limit
Basophil count 0.05 10*9/L [0.02 - 0.1]
Red blood cell count 5.06 10*12/L [4.5 - 6.5]
Haematocrit 0.454 1/1 [0.4 - 0.54]
Mean cell haemoglobin level 29.6 pg [27.0 - 32.0]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 21
Full blood count
Haemoglobin concentration 165 g/L [130.0 - 180.0]
Mean cell volume 89.6 fL [80.0 - 100.0]
Platelet count - observation 258 10*9/L [140.0 - 400.0]
Total white blood count 5.4 10*9/L [3.6 - 11.0]
Neutrophil count 2.75 10*9/L [1.8 - 7.5]
Lymphocyte count 2.00 10*9/L [1.0 - 4.0]
Monocyte count - observation 0.51 10*9/L [0.2 - 0.8]
Eosinophil count - observation 0.11 10*9/L [0.1 - 0.4]
Basophil count 0.04 10*9/L [0.02 - 0.1]
Red blood cell count 5.38 10*12/L [4.5 - 6.5]
Haematocrit 0.482 1/1 [0.4 - 0.54]
Mean cell haemoglobin level 30.8 pg [27.0 - 32.0]

yerrag

Your rbc indicates only borderline low blood volume, not enough to explain for your high serum creatinine values.

So, there is a good chance the high serum creatinine reflects low clearance of creatinine by your kidneys as a result of lower GFR. It would help to do a 24hr urine creatinine clearance test for confirmation.

I don't know if related, but while your wbc and neutrophils don't show high infection by bacteria, your monocyte levels at 9% is high. I can only speculate that there is some inflammation involved, and perhaps this is is related to your high urination rate. Or maybe this is even related to your prostatis. It doesn't seem to involve albumin being used as an antioxidant, which is why your urine is clear. Is it a toxin or is it a virus? Does it involved your mesangial cells, which are macrophages that monocytes turn into when they enter the tissues. I could be wrong, but usually your uric acid levels would be higher than normal.

OP
C

Callmestar

Completely uneducated statement here but could there be a strange case of my kidneys constantly attempting to clear excess uric acid and therefore creating frequent urination?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals