Chronic health problem (Dehydration) - Faint hope somebody here might have some ideas

OP
C

Callmestar

I posted this in another thread here What mechanism of Phenibut would cause an increase in urine concentration? and I'm just throwing out an idea. When I have taken Phenibut on previous occasions, it has not done anything good for me mentally and left me with a horrible burning in my stomach but the days after were met with an increase in urine concentration. Is there any way the acidic nature of Phenibut and the burning it creates in my stomach could somehow impact my gut in a way that leads to better urine concentration.

It's clutching at straws I know but worth mentioning just in case.

Peatful

You appear very bright.

with that:

I see zero logic in taking an array of supplements-> Not getting better -> going to dark thoughts of suicide being an option-> getting worse -> and continuing to think supplements are helping or the answer: nor are you willing to give them up.

OP
C

Callmestar

You appear very bright.

with that:

I see zero logic in taking an array of supplements-> Not getting better -> going to dark thoughts of suicide being an option-> getting worse -> and continuing to think supplements are helping or the answer: nor are you willing to give them up.

I'm perfectly willing to give up supplements but at the same time, I need to give things a chance. I have to choose one or the other. Some here are saying to try certain supplements, some like yourself suggesting not to take any, I can't do both.

I think previously I've had the problem of trying supplements for a few weeks, not seen any improvement, then stopped them, when in fact I needed to give them longer to have an impact. Right now I'm going down the supplement path, adding the Vit K and Progest E recommended here, as well as the dietary changes. If in a month or so time I feel no improvement I will stop the supplements.

Last edited:
OP
C

Callmestar

Although I'm eating more calories on this diet. I'm bloody starving! Not that it's a bad thing, maybe my appetite is getting back to normal but I struggle to feel full up from meat and fruit. Again I just had a meal of 500g grass fed beef and honey, then a pack of strawberries and a pack of raspberries. I'm still starving and craving starch.

Peatful

I'm perfectly willing to give up supplements but at the same time, I need to give things a chance. I have to choose one or the other. Some here are saying to try certain supplements, some like yourself suggesting not to take any, I can't do both.

I think previously I've had the problem of trying supplements for a few weeks, not seen any improvement, then stopping them, when in fact I needed to give them longer to have an impact. Right now I'm going down the supplement path, adding the Vit K and Progest E recommended here, as well as the dietary changes. If in a month or so time I feel no improvement I will stop the supplements.
Peat generally speaks of micro dosing therapeutic amounts
Although I'm eating more calories on this diet. I'm bloody starving! Not that it's a bad thing, maybe my appetite is getting back to normal but I struggle to feel full up from meat and fruit. Again I just had a meal of 500g grass fed beef and honey, then a pack of strawberries and a pack of raspberries. I'm still starving and craving starch.

a great sign

as i was going through recovery- I had to eat the starchy foods. Had to
to be satiated. And im pretty sure I had to to fully recover physically. For my body to rebuild.

Cortisol blunts your appetite.
so im assuming that your cortisol is lowering- which will increase your thyroid in due time.

Liver is your multi vitamin now.

dump those supplements/vitamins and eat what you crave.

maybe you still feel bad because you’re not getting what you’re body is asking for

I dont recall your age- but aiming for 3500-3600 kcal should be a goal. Keeping BS steady to not add more stress on your adrenals.

OP
C

Callmestar

Adrenal saliva test results came back today. Be aware the 7am - 9am first sample was actually mid-sleep as I woke up to go for wee. I then fell back asleep to wake up at my usual times of around 11am (I know this is late but I take as much sleep as I can get currently). So the 11:30am sample would be more accurately my morning cortisol, which seems to make sense given the trajectory of the results. My Cortisol seems to follow a normal trajectory throughout the day but does look slightly high.

2021-05-04 (2).png

OP
C

Callmestar

Update: Feeling a little better the past 36 hours or so. Still dry and dehydrated but in terms of general wellbeing, energy, clarity etc I feel slightly better. A slight lift in energy, sex drive seems to have suddenly increased the last few days. I feel ok, not confined to bed for all but a few hours which I was a few days ago.

The Peat style foods have really been a godsend in terms of the simplicity of food preparation. I had absolutely no energy to make meals so being able to have beef with honey, carrot salad, fruit, all that can be eaten with little to no preparation is a massive help.

Adrenal bloods on Thursday. Hopefully the Progest E and vitamin K should arrive soon so I can start with those after the bloods.

Urine remains clear as always. That is the crux of the problem but we keep going!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Update: Feeling a little better the past 36 hours or so. Still dry and dehydrated but in terms of general wellbeing, energy, clarity etc I feel slightly better. A slight lift in energy, sex drive seems to have suddenly increased the last few days. I feel ok, not confined to bed for all but a few hours which I was a few days ago.

The Peat style foods have really been a godsend in terms of the simplicity of food preparation. I had absolutely no energy to make meals so being able to have beef with honey, carrot salad, fruit, all that can be eaten with little to no preparation is a massive help.

Adrenal bloods on Thursday. Hopefully the Progest E and vitamin K should arrive soon so I can start with those after the bloods.

Urine remains clear as always. That is the crux of the problem but we keep going!
Are you able to get sun early in the morning soon as it rises?

BearWithMe

Having clear urine is not bad per se. It is actually completely normal when you consume a lot of fluids and doesn't sweat much.

OP
C

Callmestar

Having clear urine is not bad per se. It is actually completely normal when you consume a lot of fluids and doesn't sweat much.

Yes it is, for those who concentrate urine normally. In that case people class clear urine as a sign of hydration. That isn't the case with me, but lets not go down that road again! I can not drink for 2 days, be on the verge of death from dehydration and my urine is still clear. When if ever it gets dark, it's a sign I'm concentrating urine better and I feel more hydrated, that's why I'm conscious of it.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
It would be tricky and inconsistent. But I can try.
I think with as much skin showing and also grounding with bare feet is optimal. If a stream or ocean nearby, sticking your feet in the water will ground more. How is your emf levels around you?

OP
C

Callmestar

I think with as much skin showing and also grounding with bare feet is optimal. If a stream or ocean nearby, sticking your feet in the water will ground more. How is your emf levels around you?

I'm grounding most days. Always in barefoot in nature where possible. EMF levels I would guess are relatively high during the day but I sleep under an EMF canopy.....yeah I know, this is what health problems drive one to!

OP
C

Callmestar

Yeah I would say it's still worth experimenting with. Elevated DHEA is likely to help oppose high cortisol (from stress).

Progesterone especially is profoundly soothing and anti-stress, it can be very therapeutic to break a vicious stress/inflammatory cycle. Here's a source of Progest-E in the UK Progest E | 34ml - Kenogen . It's Ray Peat approved because he patented the formula himself lol.

Ideally you would want to identify the underlying issues of what is causing your adrenals to pump out cortisol/DHEA. Could be SIBO, gut dysbiosis, increased intestinal permeability. Could be hypothyroidism. Or both. I don't know much about those tests, lactulose breath test is typically used to test for SIBO.

Quotes from Ray:

"Increasingly, in both sexes, it appears that DHEA may rise during stress as a result of a deficiency of thyroid, progesterone, and pregnenolone."

"In experiments, progesterone was found to be the basic hormone of adaptation and of resistance to stress. The adrenal glands use it to produce their anti-stress hormones, and when there is enough progesterone, they don't have to produce the potentially harmful cortisone. In a progesterone deficiency, we produce too much cortisone, and excessive cortisone causes osteoporosis, aging of the skin, damage to brain cells, and the accumulation of fat, especially on the back and abdomen."

"In a healthy young person or animal, taking even a large dose of pregnenolone has no hormone-like or drug-like action at all. It is unique in this way. But if the animal or person is under stress, and producing more cortisone than usual, taking pregnenolone causes the cortisone to come down to the normal level."

The Progest E arrived. Any recommendations on dosing?

Korven

The Progest E arrived. Any recommendations on dosing?

Smaller amounts, 5-10 mg, is probably good to start with. Some say it's better to go big and flush estrogen out of tissues but I'd reckon it's better to be more conservative (at least to start with). Progest-E can be used either orally or rubbed on gums/sublingually. It has a sedative, relaxing effect so best to take in the evening or before bed.

FitnessMike

I stumbled across this forum when searching for possible answers to my health problems, then realized I had an account from a couple of years ago. There seems to be much wisdom on this forum so I'm reaching out on the hope of finding some answers.

I am male, early 30s, normal/healthy weight. I've had problems with my health for some years now, one specific issue with dehydration is the most problematic. It sarted around 4 years ago. I feel dehydrated, depleted and my mouth is dry almost constantly, I urinate very frequently (more so in the mornings) and the urine is nearly always clear. This accompanied by fatigue, weakness, and generally feeling unwell. Along with the eventual toll this all takes on general physical and mental wellbeing.

It was initially suspected I may have Central Diabetes Insipidus after a water deprivation test showed I was concentrating urine less than normally. Further, more recent testing indicates this is not Diabetes Insipidus but there is definitely a problem with hydration, an inability to concentrate urine optimally and dry mouth/thirst. My urine is nearly always clear, even if I drink very little.

No amount of fluid intake hydrates me. Water actually feels as though it washes me out and worsens the dehydration. Juice / smoothie are better than water but still do not hydrate. Any fluid I put in is urinated out quickly. It's as if my water hemostasis level has somehow been lowered to a permanent state of dehydration.

After getting nowhere through the NHS I've begun paying for private more comprehensive blood tests. Most of the blood markers are in normal parameters but DHEA is very high, Progesterone is very low and testosterone is borderline low. My cholesterol and triglycerides are high but that has always been the case even before the health problems and with me being a healthy weight. I'm assuming it's genetic.

Does anything have any ideas what might be going on? The constant feeling of dryness and dehydration is destroying my life and I cannot find any answers thus far.
maybe its low cortisol? aldosterone? high adrenaline?, i have frequent urination problems for a long time, things that helped are licorice root tincture that increase cortisol and imitate aldosterone? also Rehmannia root tincture helps with cortisol but helps with frequent urination too, i use small doses of these first thing, aspirin before bed decrease my urination at night big time, i take 600mg every night, what makes me urinate much is citrus fruits and anything acidic as well as masturbation. High DHEA indicates adrenal stress if i remember correctly

OP
C

Callmestar

maybe its low cortisol? aldosterone? high adrenaline?, i have frequent urination problems for a long time, things that helped are licorice root tincture that increase cortisol and imitate aldosterone? also Rehmannia root tincture helps with cortisol but helps with frequent urination too, i use small doses of these first thing, aspirin before bed decrease my urination at night big time, i take 600mg every night, what makes me urinate much is citrus fruits and anything acidic as well as masturbation. High DHEA indicates adrenal stress if i remember correctly

Thanks. Yes an adrenal issue was suspected in terms of Aldosterone or Cortisol being low. But from recent tests my Cortisol is high end of normal, my DHEA is high and I'm currently waiting on results of Aldosterone/Renin blood tests. Unlikely Aldosterone will be low seeing as the other adrenal hormones are high but it is a possibility.

FitnessMike

Thanks. Yes an adrenal issue was suspected in terms of Aldosterone or Cortisol being low. But from recent tests my Cortisol is high end of normal, my DHEA is high and I'm currently waiting on results of Aldosterone/Renin blood tests. Unlikely Aldosterone will be low seeing as the other adrenal hormones are high but it is a possibility

matey did you test saliva cortisol? or just morning blood.

OP
C

Callmestar

Am I supposed to experience anything from the Progest E short term? I don't notice any effects taking it the last 2 days.