Chronic health problem (Dehydration) - Faint hope somebody here might have some ideas

OP
C

Callmestar

So Vitamin K2 helped you?

Don't overcomplicate things. Have you tracked an example day on chronometer to get a better feeling how your nutrition looks like? How do you react to upping your calories? Hows your fasting tolerance (in regards to glycogen stores/liver health)?

You dont react well to thyroid? Generally, supplements alone cant do magic. If you try something it really needs to make sense imho.

When you refer to thyroid? What do you mean exactly? I supplement? A medication? Is there a specific substance you guys refer to as Thyroid? What I'm taking currently is 'Meda-stim' by biotics research.

My fasting tolerance? I can not eat for days comfortably. It doesn't make me feel any worse. I don't have a feeling of blood sugar peaks and drops, just a general feeling of depletion and dehydration constantly.
I've tracked on a Chronometer previously but I don't currently. I'm not sure what exactly I'd be trying to meet in terms of nutrition. How do I react to upping my calories, I can't say I notice much difference, if anything I feel worse. It probably sounds as though I'm just stating 'nothing helps' but I suppose this specific dehydration/dryness symptom overwhelms any other bodily changes I have.
Eating in general, does slow down the process of clear urination and reduces the dryness temporarily to a small degree. My symptoms are worse of a morning, if I lay in bed without getting up and intaking some calories I will dump out litres and litres of completely clear urine, even if I don't drink anything. After meals and in the evening, the urination is somewhat reduced. It's as though I need to be digesting food in able for my body to hold on to any fluid. If I fast or don't have breakfast fluid just gets dumped out of me. The only thing that slows the fluid loss down is food or vigirous exercise.

OP
C

Callmestar

You mentioned taking vitamin D. It causes potassium wasting, low magnesium, low copper, low vitamin A, and high calcium. Your serum calcium looks almost too high imo, and causing constant dehydration is what high calcium will do.
How long have you been taking vitamin D and at what dosage? It takes up to three years to recover from vitamin d overdose since it is fat soluble and stored in the tissues. There is a Facebook group called secosteroid hormone D that you may be interested in joining to look into this further. A lot of people on that page have been poisoned by vitamin D.
Also, if taking retinal or k2 helps your symptoms, you may very well be dealing with too much supplemental D.

All that said, I agree your numbers look hypothyroid for sure.

I had a creatine kinase of 5000 and lowering my tsh from 5 to .1 and raising my t3 and t4 has brought my ck down to 50.
How did you lower your TSH and raise your t3 and t4 to that degree?

I'd been taking Vit D for about a year at 4000iu, missing some days here and there and taking less in the summer. I assumed my levels would be ok but from the recent bloods, VitD is low end of normal and my functional medicine doc suggested I start taking 5000iu daily, so that's what i'm doing currently. I took retinol and K2 breifly / inconsistely previously. Didn't notice any chance. Maybe it's my incosistency with these things but i've never found any supplement that's helped.

OP
C

Callmestar

Don’t give up. Something will work. Sometimes it’s just a matter of the right things clicking in conjunction. I’ve tried a lot of diets too, and one thing I’m very confident in is Dr. Peat’s understanding of the body and our cells. You’re on the right track. Keep trying things. You’ll get it.
Thank you. I hope so. Hard to keep the faith when it's been 4 years like this.

Belsazar

You mentioned taking vitamin D. It causes potassium wasting, low magnesium, low copper, low vitamin A, and high calcium. Your serum calcium looks almost too high imo, and causing constant dehydration is what high calcium will do.
How long have you been taking vitamin D and at what dosage? It takes up to three years to recover from vitamin d overdose since it is fat soluble and stored in the tissues. There is a Facebook group called secosteroid hormone D that you may be interested in joining to look into this further. A lot of people on that page have been poisoned by vitamin D.
Also, if taking retinal or k2 helps your symptoms, you may very well be dealing with too much supplemental D.
Vitamin A can also cause Hypercalcemia via activation of osteoclasts. In case of Vitamin D toxicity serum level could easily detect toxicity, do you agree according to whats discussed in mentioned fb group?

When you refer to thyroid? What do you mean exactly? I supplement? A medication? Is there a specific substance you guys refer to as Thyroid? What I'm taking currently is 'Meda-stim' by biotics research.

My fasting tolerance? I can not eat for days comfortably. It doesn't make me feel any worse. I don't have a feeling of blood sugar peaks and drops, just a general feeling of depletion and dehydration constantly.
I've tracked on a Chronometer previously but I don't currently. I'm not sure what exactly I'd be trying to meet in terms of nutrition. How do I react to upping my calories, I can't say I notice much difference, if anything I feel worse. It probably sounds as though I'm just stating 'nothing helps' but I suppose this specific dehydration/dryness symptom overwhelms any other bodily changes I have.
Eating in general, does slow down the process of clear urination and reduces the dryness temporarily to a small degree. My symptoms are worse of a morning, if I lay in bed without getting up and intaking some calories I will dump out litres and litres of completely clear urine, even if I don't drink anything. After meals and in the evening, the urination is somewhat reduced. It's as though I need to be digesting food in able for my body to hold on to any fluid. If I fast or don't have breakfast fluid just gets dumped out of me. The only thing that slows the fluid loss down is food or vigirous exercise.
With thyroid I was refering to a hormonal supplementation such as T4 or T3. You seem to supplement many "non-peaty" things. Whats the composition of meda-stim?
Do you take any anti-histamines (Those are known to cause dry mouth)?. Have you tried to up potassium intake (excessive urination)? How much Vitamin A did you take (hypervitaminosis A)?

OP
C

Callmestar

Vitamin A can also cause Hypercalcemia via activation of osteoclasts. In case of Vitamin D toxicity serum level could easily detect toxicity, do you agree according to whats discussed in mentioned fb group?

With thyroid I was refering to a hormonal supplementation such as T4 or T3. You seem to supplement many "non-peaty" things. Whats the composition of meda-stim?
Do you take any anti-histamines (Those are known to cause dry mouth)?. Have you tried to up potassium intake (excessive urination)? How much Vitamin A did you take (hypervitaminosis A)?

I don't take any anti-histamines or any other medication. Yes tried upping potassium on a number of occasions. Again, I can't say I noticed any difference. I can't recall how much vitamin A I took. I certainly wasn't consistent with it. I also took Beta Carotene separately consistently for a number of months with no change.

Meda-Stim:

3502-Suppinfo_900x.png

OP
C

Callmestar

I'm finding myself very hungry late in the evenings since switching to this no grain, no starch diet. I've eaten a ton of honey today, grass fed beef steak, lots of eggs, veg, apples, litre of raw milk kefir, litre orange juice. It's now 11:30pm and I'm craving fruit. Do I continue to eat? Have some fruit? The new mindset of such high fat/high sugar diet is hard to get your head around. When eating grains & starch I wasn't particularly hungry at all.

Vileplume

I'm finding myself very hungry late in the evenings since switching to this no grain, no starch diet. I've eaten a ton of honey today, grass fed beef steak, lots of eggs, veg, apples, litre of raw milk kefir, litre orange juice. It's now 11:30pm and I'm craving fruit. Do I continue to eat? Have some fruit? The new mindset of such high fat/high sugar diet is hard to get your head around. When eating grains & starch I wasn't particularly hungry at all.
Have some fruit, yo! The more, the merrier. Get those minerals, b vitamins, all the good stuff fruit has to offer! Enjoy it! Don’t worry about eating too much fruit. Fruit is good.

OP
C

Callmestar

Have some fruit, yo! The more, the merrier. Get those minerals, b vitamins, all the good stuff fruit has to offer! Enjoy it! Don’t worry about eating too much fruit. Fruit is good.

Haha, I'd started eating fruit the moment I'd sent the post! The only concern in the back of my mind is the already high Cholesterol getting higher?!

Vileplume

Haha, I'd started eating fruit the moment I'd sent the post! The only concern in the back of my mind is the already high Cholesterol getting higher?!
Check out some of Dr. Peat’s comments on high cholesterol, especially in relation to supplementing thyroid. Just type “peat high cholesterol thyroid” into YouTube or google!

OP
C

Callmestar

I just thought of one other thing you mentioned...the saline iv helped your symptoms and you were thinking it was because it lowered lactic acid. That could be true of course, but they also treat hypercalcemia with saline Iv's as well.

Maybe you are referring to somebody else's post but I said saline iv did not help me. It made me worse.

OP
C

Callmestar

Check out some of Dr. Peat’s comments on high cholesterol, especially in relation to supplementing thyroid. Just type “peat high cholesterol thyroid” into YouTube or google!
Thank you. Just watched. Very interesting the correlation between TSH and Cholesterol.

OP
C

Callmestar

Would you guys recommend me taking anything specific for thyroid at this point? Any particular supplement or synthetic t4? If so, any idea where I can order it from in the UK. I know a couple of supplements have been linked here already.

Also, what are the thoughts on stomach acid here? A nutritionist recently had me do a stomach acid test by taking tablets of Betaine HCL with meals and increasing the dose until I feel a burning sensation/heartburn. Normal healthy people with good stomach acid should apparently feel burning from just on tablet. I'm now up to 6 tablets and feel nothing. Yet I don't have any digestive symptoms after meals. No bloating or cramps, no indigestion sensation. Digestion feels fine but there is often undigested food in my stool. Whats going on?

Last edited:
OP
C

Callmestar

Sorry to keep posting here guys. Just keeping it as somewhat of a log of what I'm doing but also for feedback from you all as to what I can be doing better.

Back on the dairy the past 2 days. I have no noticeable digestion or stomach issues but it certainly goes straight to my head and I feel horrible brain fog/detached from reality soon after eating it. My urination has been as bad as ever today. A constant leaky tap of clear urine accompanied by dry mouth. There's maybe a subtle lift in my energy, that's the one positive I can mention if I'm trying hard to find one.

Vileplume

Sorry to keep posting here guys. Just keeping it as somewhat of a log of what I'm doing but also for feedback from you all as to what I can be doing better.

Back on the dairy the past 2 days. I have no noticeable digestion or stomach issues but it certainly goes straight to my head and I feel horrible brain fog/detached from reality soon after eating it. My urination has been as bad as ever today. A constant leaky tap of clear urine accompanied by dry mouth. There's maybe a subtle lift in my energy, that's the one positive I can mention if I'm trying hard to find one.
This is YOUR log, post as much as you want and can! You’re definitely not bothering anyone. As for the dairy, have you tried A2? Some people, like me, respond much better to that than to conventional dairy.

For your thyroid question, I would recommend the idealabs products! Tyromix, tyromax, or Tyronene. Keep trucking man.

OP
C

Callmestar

This is YOUR log, post as much as you want and can! You’re definitely not bothering anyone. As for the dairy, have you tried A2? Some people, like me, respond much better to that than to conventional dairy.

For your thyroid question, I would recommend the idealabs products! Tyromix, tyromax, or Tyronene. Keep trucking man.
Thank you. No I haven't tried A2, they don't appear to sell it here in the UK now. I'll see if I can get some or a similar alternative. I've been eating some cheese tonight and it doesn't seem such a problem. Whereas milk and icecream quickly give me severe brain fog.

Last edited:
OP
C

Callmestar

So, I put my food in a Cronometer. Based on what I've been up until ray peat the last few days. I can see my calories on average have been down around 1900. Yet, I've not been losing weight and my cholesterol has been increasing. (I'm not wanting to lose weight). I am 12.5st at 5'10. I was never particularly hungry while eating my 2 meals a day containing starch/grains.

Now on the ray peat type diet the past couple of days, with higher fat and sugar. I am absolutely starving at the same amount of calories. Should I just eat whatever I crave? Or tread carefully?

Attached what I've eaten today so far. Fat seems high. Yet I'm currently craving more eggs. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

2021-03-20 (8).png

2021-03-20 (9).png

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals