Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

iLoveSugar

Has anyone who turned Peaty, dealt with anything in the past such as CFS or Fibro? During discussions, he said it is often an underactive thyroid. In my case, I have been using up to 30 mcg of T3 over the past few months, and have felt no relief at all. I suspect underlying bacterial or viruses, but not sure...

HDD

Birdie, another forum member has Fibro. I started looking for her posts to see what might help you. She still posts on here occasionally.

mandance

When I took t3 for a few days, it game me CFS like symtoms for a few days. I stopped taking it and returned to normal. But im guessing you have had CFS symtpoms for longer than taking the t3?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

What would be the reason for that? I have, but it's been way worse on thyroid supplements.

mandance

You're in luck, because I did ask peat why that happened and he thought it had something to do with taking it on an empty stomach and liver enzymes attacking the t3 that caused the extreme fatigue. Once I stopped taking it, I was back to normal. He recommends cynoplus instead, and to take it with milk and oj and possibly at bedtime. Also this was even at a dose as small as 4mcg that caused this reaction.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I took anywhere between 2 and 5 mcg at a time.

Recently just switched to NDT.

Ella

Forum Supporter
using up to 30 mcg of T3 over the past few months, and have felt no relief at all. I suspect underlying bacterial or viruses, but not sure...

That is a lot of T3. What are your temps & pulse rate and diet look like? Have you checked Reverse T3. Maybe inadequate resources (calories) or high stress; body is trying to protect you by cutting off your energy supply.

marsaday

Many people think / expect thyroid meds to simply rev up our systems, but the system has to be strong enough to interact with the thyroid medication. A bit like using high performance petrol in a car without an engine. Nothing will happen, the fuel is high quality, but the car doesn't have the resources to use the fuel.

If i take too much thyroid meds (this goes for T4 or T3 only) i never really get hyper. Instead i become hypo and unwell. The body is probably protecting itself and over producing RT3 which then blocks the entry points for the T3 at cell level.

The key to using thyroid meds is to nurture the body slowly with smaller amounts as well as paying attention to the adrenal side of the equation. Food and vitamin and minerals are also key to this process.

Luann

Has anyone who turned Peaty, dealt with anything in the past such as CFS or Fibro? During discussions, he said it is often an underactive thyroid. In my case, I have been using up to 30 mcg of T3 over the past few months, and have felt no relief at all. I suspect underlying bacterial or viruses, but not sure...

I would suspect that too. Even though this thread is years old, just wanted to say that the last few days I have had what felt like CFS. Not being able to move... at all. Having to leave work and feeling a hundred years old. Tiredness to the bone.

This happened after I switched brands of milk so I blame some kind of foreign or pathologic bacteria in my system. I also could not hold on to food after eating it. So either I was completely out of nutrients (that doesn't seem likely) or exhausted from bacterial stuff.

Also, I sort of deep cleaned my teeth the other day and have had an awful taste in my mouth and the stomach symptoms since then. Another reason to think that bacteria were disturbing my system.

Good luck to all dealing with this (CFS and related.)