Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advice

(1) Do you guys think this re-occurrence of chronic fatigue was due to discontinuing the opti-zinc?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Unlikely

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

Brooks Esq.

Hello guys, I need some advice from the Peaters,
I have Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD) and the chronic fatigue effects that usually accompanies it. I usually cannot get up in the morning, cant focus or function or do anything without the use of a stimulant, and even the stimulant only has minimal benefits after chronic usage.

Last year, I asked my doc to do a comprehensive steroid panel. I discovered that my pregnenolone seemed a little low (although the test only shows an abnormal if the level is too high and has no minimal level) I went and bought a pregnenolone oral disintegrating supplement and it has worked great for the past year or so. I have been able to focus, the stimulant has been working, and I have been able to get up before noon and work hard. I was even able to get up some days before 9am! I had been taking L-Opti Zinc Methionine throughout the year off and on, I had recently bought some to adapt to the weather change and to prevent colds while at the law school. I started having some really abnormal side effects from it, as I was mixing it with the Focalin I am prescribed. I subsequently had to quit the zinc.

Last week and this week I'am back to baseline as far as my chronic fatigue is concerned. The stimulant isnt producing any focusing benefits and I feel so tired once again and out of it; just like I did before I started the pregnenolone supplement. I wake up so tired, sleep through alarms, fall back asleep, and drag throughout the day.
(1) Do you guys think this re-occurrence of chronic fatigue was due to discontinuing the opti-zinc?
(2) Do you think the pregnenolone will ever work again the way it used to? I increased the dose and still not having any benefit.
(3) Would taking an ultra-low dose of the opti zinc pose any benefit? or should I just wait for my body to adapt.
(4) open to other suggestions from you guys.
Pregnenolone Levels:
17 Hydroxypregnenolone <33
Pregnenolone <35
Deoxycorticosterone <16

Thank you, Brooks

Constatine

How is your digestive and liver health? Serotonin linked problems seem to start there. What stim are you taking? LLLT will undoubtedly be beneficial. Use it on the gut, liver, brain, and thyroid. Correct dosage matters a lot though and will take some playing around with to get right.
My guess is that the zinc worsened your gut health (and hence your liver function) as it tends to be very hard on the gut which led to the reoccurrence of your symptoms. Also your mitochondria are likely damaged.

OP
Brooks Esq.

Brooks Esq.

Well I went from rocking it, staying on top of assignments, planning, working, and learning to now not being able to do anything at all. I just started taking some Omega 3 supplements to try and help the mitochondria. Just today I purchased some Vitamin C (in case its a virus triggering) and some DHEA supplements. Do you have any suggestions? and I take Focalin XR, and it has been working very well, now its not doing anything. The pregnenolone was working so well for me when combined to my regimen; its upsetting.

johnwester130

honestly, stop all supplements for now.

the general reccomended supplements
are proper lllt lighting,
living at high altitude,
stress free living,
cyproheptadine
aspirin
niacinamide,
b1,
vitamin k2

and preferably as topical liquids to avoid digestion.

OP
Brooks Esq.

Brooks Esq.

honestly, stop all supplements for now.

the general reccomended supplements
are proper lllt lighting,
living at high altitude,
stress free living,
cyproheptadine
aspirin
niacinamide,
b1,
vitamin k2

and preferably as topical liquids to avoid digestion.
Thank you for your help. My Current Supplement Intake:
(1) Asprin
(2) Fish Oil
(3) Vitamin D3
(4) Vitamin E
(5) Cycloastragenol
(6) Folic Acid
(7) Pregnenolone
Attending law school in the mountains of Idaho at high altitude.

OP
Brooks Esq.

Brooks Esq.

I've had success with mildronate for fatigue.
Thank you very much. I dont know what has happened. I was doing so well, now my brain is tired, I feel like I could go to sleep standing up, and I cant do or focus on anything (hence why I'm on this forum trying to get help when I should be working in the law library). I do know I had a bit of a cold last week, maybe the cold also triggered an inflammatory immune response erasing all the benefits of the pregnenolone? Or maybe it was the Opti Zinc? Not sure. I appreciate all the suggestions and ideas.

Constatine

Thank you for your help. My Current Supplement Intake:
(1) Asprin
(2) Fish Oil
(3) Vitamin D3
(4) Vitamin E
(5) Cycloastragenol
(6) Folic Acid
(7) Pregnenolone
Attending law school in the mountains of Idaho at high altitude.
Aspirin gives me fatigue if I take it for too long or with too many other supplements. Have you tried eating liver? It gives me a pretty substantial boost in energy.

Frankdee20

The waters are way too murky for this diagnosis, and have been for decades. It's akin to the diagnosis of "Not otherwise specified" in psychiatry. Honestly, nobody knows what to do with CFS patients. Most who recover, do so on their own. I experienced overwhelming fatigue after my negative reaction to SSRI, and now, there before the grace of GOD go I. Good luck to you, it's just my opinion, don't take it to heart, but in some ways, I want you to take whatever optimism you can extract from my comments, and know, the darkest tunnels do have light at the end.

OP
Brooks Esq.

Brooks Esq.

The waters are way too murky for this diagnosis, and have been for decades. It's akin to the diagnosis of "Not otherwise specified" in psychiatry. Honestly, nobody knows what to do with CFS patients. Most who recover, do so on their own. I experienced overwhelming fatigue after my negative reaction to SSRI, and now, there before the grace of GOD go I. Good luck to you, it's just my opinion, don't take it to heart, but in some ways, I want you to take whatever optimism you can extract from my comments, and know, the darkest tunnels do have light at the end.
I appreciate your kind words and sage wisdom. I agree CFS is really understudied, much less CFS caused by PSSD/PFS. I'm going to hope I snap back to where I was while taking the pregnenolone. Personally, I think PSSD is probably due to some type of inflammatory response which would account for all these symptoms, including CFS. Good to hear from you

OP
Brooks Esq.

Brooks Esq.

OP
Brooks Esq.

Brooks Esq.

Aspirin gives me fatigue if I take it for too long or with too many other supplements. Have you tried eating liver? It gives me a pretty substantial boost in energy.
Liver? Like an animal liver that's cooked?? Sorry I know it's a dumb question lol I have never heard of eating liver before

Constatine

Liver? Like an animal liver that's cooked?? Sorry I know it's a dumb question lol I have never heard of eating liver before
Yeah beef, chicken, duck liver, etc. Its one of the most (if not the most) nutrient dense foods on the planet. They sell a good liver pate at Safeway and Wholefoods. At wholefoods you can buy a whole fresh beef liver but its a challenge to make it taste good.

OP
Brooks Esq.

Brooks Esq.

like, I said , stop all of them.

introduce one at a time.

liquids are much better than capsules,

see this for a basic guide to peat's work

My Peat Notes And Progress Since Joining
I called my dad back home and he told me the same thing as you;Maybe I should stop them all then see if the pregnenolone will work again. Oh and btw the pregnenolone is the oral disintegrating tab made by Douglas labs. So it isn't going through digestion.
I had been doing so well this year function wise I forgot I had PSSD. Now I'm right back to baseline; I wake up so tired, can't get up before 11, tired throughout the day, have severe confusion in that I cannot organize stuff. Such as the stuff I need to take to school or things I need to clean. I cannot focus on my course work. As you can see that right now I'm in a law library on the Ray Peat forum when I have an evidence midterm next week and need to make an outline. In addition, I also have that weird chronic head fog and head pressure from the PSSD.
Do you think the pregnenolone will ever work again?? Please tell me you think it will work again.
Do you think I should really quit all supplements then try to re-add in the pregnenolone later? Or should I keep taking all supplements and try adding ultra low dose opti zinc and maybe some DHEA to see if I can jumpstart?? I will do what you guys recommend. As I told my dad today, you guys study these conditions more than any physician, and I have much at stake here; my whole career at law school is reliant on my ability to get past this and regain control like I was when pregnenolone was working to its full capacity. I hate having PSSD, I had finally found something that helped me eliminate at least some of the most bothersome symptoms.

OP
Brooks Esq.

Brooks Esq.

allblues

I've had similar fatigue issues for a while now, and am sort of at a loss about what to do.
Pregnenolone worked for me too, completely abolished the fatigue, but that lasted just about a week,
and I haven't been able to replicate it. Will perhaps try it again soon.

I hope you'll get back on track, this stuff is beyond frustrating.

Jsaute21

forget them

fix your diet first

dairy
shellfish
liver
fruit
milk
chicken neck soup

salt
sugar
coconut oil
gelatin

the body needs fuel first

fish oil is not neccomended
The Great Fish Oil Experiment

Great advice here. If there is one supplement to add in, i would add in Vitamin C Powder from Solaray. Really helps taxed adrenals when combined with a good diet. It probably makes more sense to eat two organges or a big glass of good OJ Every morning, but moral of the story if Vitamin C can be a big help. Diet is everything though, when fatigued. Your body needs minerals & nutrients.

Edit - sorry i just saw that you have been taking Vitamin C. I would stick with it as long as it is a good quality supplement.