Chronic Ethanol Consumption Same As Chemical Castration

What-a-Riot

I bet the study didn't take into account the type of fat (saturated vs PUFA) as a variable. If saturated fats where eaten instead alcohol would not have a castration like effect. In fact, I often have increased sex drive after drinking. Study debunked.
I've seen a bunch on these boards that estrogen acutely increases sex drive

stargazer1111

Anything that speeds up alcohol metabolism will probably be helpful. So, things like thiamine, taurine, theanine, glycine, caffeine, etc all have studies showing speeding up of metabolism. However, the most effective way was suggested by Peat himself - sugar and especially fructose speed up alcohol metabolism by about 80%-100%.
So, the goal is to get rid of alcohol before it has had time to do its damage but after damage is done then all the enti-estrogenic therapies suggested on this forum will probably be helpful.

Vitamin C does this as well. I notice that my vitamin C bowel tolerance doubles when I drink. Usually, I can't take more than 4 grams every 4 hours. When I drink, I can handle 4 grams every 2 hours or so without getting diarrhea. Also, if I take bowel tolerance level doses of vitamin C and eat a fair amount of coconut oil with the alcohol, I have zero hangover or toxicity issues.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Vitamin C does this as well. I notice that my vitamin C bowel tolerance doubles when I drink. Usually, I can't take more than 4 grams every 4 hours. When I drink, I can handle 4 grams every 2 hours or so without getting diarrhea. Also, if I take bowel tolerance level doses of vitamin C and eat a fair amount of coconut oil with the alcohol, I have zero hangover or toxicity issues.

Good to know. So, I guess another reason to drink OJ when out drinking. It has potassium, magnesium, sugar and vitamin C.

jaa

Good to know. So, I guess another reason to drink OJ when out drinking. It has potassium, magnesium, sugar and vitamin C.

A few years ago I was able to drink a 26oz of vodka with fresh squeezed OJ and carbonated magnesium water and avoided what I thought was a guaranteed hangover the next day.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
A few years ago I was able to drink a 26oz of vodka with fresh squeezed OJ and carbonated magnesium water and avoided what I thought was a guaranteed hangover the next day.

Interesting. I will try the magnesium water when I come back from a night out drinking. I know the sugar helps so it's time to see how much magnesium does.

jaa

Interesting. I will try the magnesium water when I come back from a night out drinking. I know the sugar helps so it's time to see how much magnesium does.

That should be helpful. I think the biggest benefit came from the copious amounts of freshly squeezed OJ I was consuming with all it's vitamins and minerals and enzymes in conjunction with the alcohol. I'd had the Gerolsteiner water after nights out before and it only helped a bit compared to nothing at all.

stargazer1111

That's so true. I used to do straight alcohol with nothing when I was doing the ketogenic diet. Looking back, that was so stupid.....

zztr

I am curious about the health effects of "small beer." Northern European civilization was basically fueled on this stuff for about a thousand years. You can't claim it held them back. Imagine a 2% beer possibly lightly hopped. Wheat and/or barley and probably also oats.

sladerunner69

I bet the study didn't take into account the type of fat (saturated vs PUFA) as a variable. If saturated fats where eaten instead alcohol would not have a castration like effect. In fact, I often have increased sex drive after drinking. Study debunked.

Alcohol can temporarily increase androgens, btu chronically I think the studies are pretty unanimous in showing that it kills androgens and other good pro sex hormones.

Do you drink often? What kind of alcohol? How many drinks at a time before you notice the sex drive effect? Does it make you very tired or give you a hangover?

Vinero

Alcohol can temporarily increase androgens, btu chronically I think the studies are pretty unanimous in showing that it kills androgens and other good pro sex hormones.

Do you drink often? What kind of alcohol? How many drinks at a time before you notice the sex drive effect? Does it make you very tired or give you a hangover?
I'll drink anything, beer, whiskey, vodka, rum. As long as it tastes good. I drink 4 beers, feel great and have a good time. Get sober and no hangover. Getting drunk is not a good idea, as that does cause a hangover and feels estrogenic the next day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals