Chronic Consumption of Cranberries (Vaccinium macrocarpon) for 12 Weeks Improves Episodic Memory and Regional Brain Perfusion in Healthy Older Adults:

David PS

Table 5. Shows Plasma (poly)phenol metabolites at baseline and follow-up visits in μmol/L.

I haven’t heard anything about cranberries in the “Peat” world, and they certainly wouldn’t be considered a sweet fruit, but this study suggests they may be worth a try for people with cognitive issues.

OP
David PS

David PS

I haven’t heard anything about cranberries in the “Peat” world, and they certainly wouldn’t be considered a sweet fruit, but this study suggests they may be worth a try for people with cognitive issues.
Just add sugar to make them sweet. Coffee, chocolate and tart cherries are high in polyphenols and are often consumed with sugar.

Who realistically has the money to chronically eat cranberries. The dried ones will have issues with bacteria or they'll have sulphites. Neither is ideal, and fresh here anyways is about £3-4 for 200g. That's about £100 a month JUST on cranberries, and that is factoring in whether or not 200g would be considered "chronic" enough for a days consumption

Just like the pomegranates, it seems like a freeze dried extract is probably the more economical option

Who realistically has the money to chronically eat cranberries. The dried ones will have issues with bacteria or they'll have sulphites. Neither is ideal, and fresh here anyways is about £3-4 for 200g. That's about £100 a month JUST on cranberries, and that is factoring in whether or not 200g would be considered "chronic" enough for a days consumption

Just like the pomegranates, it seems like a freeze dried extract is probably the more economical option
I don’t even have fresh ones in my stores until Thanksgiving. I suppose if I needed them as a medicine for cognitive problems the cost would seem thrilling compared to the price of medications, and without the domino side effects of medications. Strategizing by buying them when they are in season and freezing them would be wise or just buy already cooked cranberry sauce and mix it into homemade apple sauce or into homemade sorbets and jello. When there is a will there is a way!

BRMarshall

Actually some nursing homes have cranberry juice with meals as the juice helps prevent UTI, Urinary tract infections, which can cause in older people neurological episodes that can seem like the person is having a stroke or something....

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom