InChristAlone

I bought his COVID guide. He basically states following as protective:

Elderberry
Nutritional Zinc
Ionic Zinc Lozenge or Spray
Copper

Optional ones to add:
Garlic, Echinacea, Vit C 150mg, NAC.
Avoid high doses vit A, D, Calcium, Monolaurin.
He did state to avoid some things coz they put more strain on lungs. That part kinda makes sense.
Elderberry is all the rage but it can cause cytokine storm. When I use zinc preventatively I actually get a huge immune response and full blown cold.

LeeLemonoil

Or maybe ACE2 is not the infection pathway:

SARS-CoV-2 invades host cells via a novel route: CD147-spike protein

sandeep chakraborty on Twitter

Which is interesting because:
Basigin - Wikipedia

"Basigin (BSG) also known as extracellular matrix metalloproteinase inducer (EMMPRIN) or cluster of differentiation 147 (CD147) is a protein that in humans is encoded by the BSG gene.[4][5][6] This protein is a determinant for the Ok blood group system. Basigin has been shown to be an essential receptor on red blood cells for the human malaria parasite, Plasmodium falciparum."

Chloroquine is a drug against malaria.

Couldn’t the virus be able to opportunistically seek every entry suitable. They are so versatile, it also matters how fast and where they ripe and replicate in different cells.

At least the Angiotensin-receptor seems to help explain that old and polymorbid are at highest risk given that many of them take ACE-inhibitors (not blockers) that upregulate receptors

schultz

Angiotensin excess is caused by ACE2, the enzyme that deactivates Angiotensin, not being available to do its job.

I had to reread that one too. But it's consistent, if you read to the end of the sentence - just the intervening clause might have thrown us off.
To paraphrase:

Haha, yah it threw me off as well. I think parenthesis would make it more clear as it's an explanatory thought inserted into the sentence.

"Angiotensin excess is caused by ACE2 (the enzyme that deactivates Angiotensin) not being available to do its job."

But we all have our grammar quirks, and it's a forum not an essay. I use hyphens (-) as dashes (—) all the time. I know, can you believe it? I'm just too lazy to alt-0151. I also love to overuse parenthesis. I'm not perfect okay?!

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

I'm so glad that Dr. Chris Masterjohn, PhD, is willing to debunk these potentially dangerous alternative treatments. It's true the results of studies examining the effect of intravenous vitamin C in coronavirus infection, specifically SARS-Cov2, aren't yet available.

However!

The mechanism of lung injury in cases like these is strikingly similar to sepsis-related ARDS, and in some cases may be indistinguishable. In fact the pattern of injury in the lungs is decently elucidated and is related to substantial oxidative injury related to neutrophil respiratory bursts generating massive amounts of ROS including hydrogen peroxide. This is remarkably similar to poisoning and injury induced by paraquat poisoning, and in these cases severely reduced levels of glutathione are found. Intravenous ascorbate and nebulized glutathione is one effective treatment of paraquat poisoning.

At any rate, people who know what they are talking about seem to think intravenous vitamin C is effective.

Vitamin C Infusion for the Treatment of Severe 2019-nCoV Infected Pneumonia

Intravenous vitamin C as adjunctive therapy for enterovirus/rhinovirus induced acute respiratory distress syndrome
Vitamin D alleviates lipopolysaccharide-induced acute lung injury via regulation of the renin-angiotensin system
Vitamin D seems to only increase ACE2 if it has been compromised, not in controls.

mimmo123

Here are some excerpts. To me it seems very reductionist and like incentive for people to buy his article.

"For example, the coronavirus gets into our cells by hijacking a substance known as “ACE2” whose normal role is to keep our blood pressure from getting too high and to keep our lungs and heart healthy. Vitamins A and D are normally incredibly important to our immune systems. They help us make antibodies and other virus-busting weaponry. And they support our blood pressure and the health of our lungs and heart by helping us make more ACE2. "

"Vitamins A and D are good for our lungs, good for our heart, and they support our immune system. Yet, by increasing the amount of ACE2 that the coronavirus can hijack in order to get inside our cells, supplementing with them may actually make us more vulnerable to infection."

"However, there aren’t any studies testing vitamin C against any of the coronaviruses. No one in the study of vitamin C injections was suffering from SARS, the new coronavirus’s evil twin. Studies show conflicting effects of vitamin C on interferon: in some cases it increases it; in others, it decreases it. Therefore, it is difficult to predict whether vitamin C would make things better or worse during the inflammatory destruction of the lungs that happens with SARS and the new coronavirus."

He's apparently charging for this info. Not good juju to make money from in my opinion.
Here's the whole thing if you want to buy it
The Food and Supplement Guide for the Coronavirus

In the real world these are the exact Vitamins that are giving 100% cure rate

mimmo123

They all had symptoms that went to him and some severely ill. The ones going to the hospital to get treated dont know if they have covid-19 either You cant even get a test unless you have a min fever of 99.6 and even after they been tested with those pcr tests or antobody tests it doesnt prove they have covid-19.
If your severely I'll you will be put on a ventilator and 90% of people on a ventilator will die.

===============================

There are five practitioners at CHM: Drs. Brownstein, Ng, Nusbaum, Jenny Drummond, PA, and Taylor Easson, NP. Since the start of the COVID-19 crisis, I have been asking my partners how their COVID patients are doing. As of this week, we have had 85 patients either diagnosed with COVID or suspected COVID. I am pleased to report that our patients are doing well with this illness. (Note, since new guidelines have come out stating that any suspected COVID patient can be diagnosed with COVID, I am lumping COVID and suspected COIVD patients together for this post.)

In my blogs, I encouraged people to take high doses of vitamins A, C, D, and iodine at the first sign of an illness. In our practice, this was sufficient for the majority of our COVID patients. I (and my partners) have no doubt that the vast majority of COVID patients would avoid a deterioration of their symptoms if they started this protocol at the onset of symptoms.

However, some became more ill or did not start the oral supplements early enough into their illness. Those patients needed additional holistic therapies. These included nebulizing hydrogen peroxide and iodine along with intravenous nutrient therapies.

To protect our staff and healthy patients, we did not treat sick COVID patients inside my office. We were gowning up and meeting our patients at their automobile at the back of our building and administering IVs and ozone therapies. Some of these patients were very sick. So far, they all recovered. I have shared some of their stories via a skype interview on previous blog posts. To watch a few of our patient testimonials go to:

As I previously stated, the Center for Holistic Medicine currently has 85 COVID patients who are all doing well and have not been hospitalized. There were some I was worried about—they kept me up at night. I called them daily to monitor their progress. Having them increase the frequency of nebulizing hydrogen peroxide and iodine helped them all. Some of the sickest were advised to nebulize every hour or two for a short period. IV therapies and ozone treatments have helped many.

..they' dont have a 110% cure rate,i have my doubts about the efficacy of late onset admin of a bunch of low dose vitamins,D takes at least a week to get to calcifediol conversion,they will probably have a bunch of health-neurotic individuals like us,who have vitamins up to their gills,and do not have severe deficiencies which peeps from a SAD- or CAFETERIA-Diet background have accrued over their grain-eatin' lifestyles.But still,i would use the probable Vitamin-CURE on myself of course,but we need to supplement all the sweet unknown factor-vitamins and minerals also of course.thoughts,?

InChristAlone

I personally wouldn't use elderberry. Have never needed to though.

Dr. B

Elderberry is all the rage but it can cause cytokine storm. When I use zinc preventatively I actually get a huge immune response and full blown cold.
can you explain. zinc supplementation gives you a massive immune response? is that like an auto immune response? regardless, do you think zinc shouldnt be supplemented at all unless someone somehow has a severe deficiency?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals